Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Electronics & Connectivity (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f317/)
-   -   Airstream Connected discounts on installed systems (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f317/airstream-connected-discounts-on-installed-systems-198310.html)

danieljhale 07-17-2019 08:42 AM

Airstream Connected discounts on installed systems
 
I'm picking up my new 2019 Sport 22FB tomorrow morning. I'd like to have an Airstream Connected modem and antenna installed before I take delivery, but I was quoted a total price on $2,050, including installation. The MSRP on the system is $999. Does anyone know if it's possible to get an installed Airstream Connected system for a cheaper price? If so, what would be a reasonable amount to shoot for? Thanks! (This is, by the way, my first post on Air Forums.)

OTRA15 07-17-2019 08:51 AM

Welcome to the forum!

You might want to check this earlier thread for possible answers:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f451...ed-191803.html

Hopefully some of those folks will be able to answer your questions here.

Good luck,

Peter

turk123 07-17-2019 08:53 AM

Sadly, Airstream does not set the price of the install, its the dealer. I found out that most dealers were waiting for Colonial to come out with a price and then match it. Colonial came out with a $1000 install charge (total $2000). You could shop around, but I assume you like the dealer you are buying from. It won't cost you any more if you find another dealer that will do it for less, but it has to be an Airstream dealer.

I've heard of $1500 quoted at one dealer, but I don't believe any are at that price now. See if your dealer has done many of these installations. If they know it takes them 5 hours and at $150/hr labor (and that's what I've heard it takes), maybe you could get the salesman to bring down the price to make the deal. That would be $750 for labor.

turk123 07-17-2019 08:57 AM

Also, don't forget to have Airstream customer support (the factory) turn off your WiFi as WAN (campground feature) to make your system run much faster.

Do a search here on the issues with "Connect".

RGJZ06 07-17-2019 09:53 AM

I'd give the factory a call if you are traveling around that area. They installed mine about 5 weeks ago.

Pubtym 07-17-2019 10:04 AM

Amazon Fire Stick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danieljhale (Post 2265467)
I'm picking up my new 2019 Sport 22FB tomorrow morning. I'd like to have an Airstream Connected modem and antenna installed before I take delivery, but I was quoted a total price on $2,050, including installation. The MSRP on the system is $999. Does anyone know if it's possible to get an installed Airstream Connected system for a cheaper price? If so, what would be a reasonable amount to shoot for? Thanks! (This is, by the way, my first post on Air Forums.)

Go with the Amazon Fire Stick and Verizon Jet Pak. Save a bunch.:D

AirstreamJim 07-17-2019 10:07 AM

Welcome to the Forums!

FWIW, Im sitting in the Airstream of Tampa showroom as I write this, and they have a big sign up advertising the Airstream Connected system, installation included, for $1,449.95 plus tax.

Jim

wave man 07-17-2019 10:15 AM

We have a winner, maybe prices are dropping to spur slow sales?

Gopher John 07-17-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirstreamJim (Post 2265522)
FWIW, Im sitting in the Airstream of Tampa showroom as I write this, and they have a big sign up advertising the Airstream Connected system, installation included, for $1,449.95 plus tax.

Jim

Airstream of Tampa is a part of RV One, which has 8 locations. If I lived near one of the other locations, I would try to get that price from them.

go to rvone.com to see the other locales.

danieljhale 07-17-2019 12:18 PM

Thanks, all. I called Airstream DFW to ask for a discount on the equipment and installation, but they wouldn't budge. I decided to go ahead and have it installed today, while it's still in the service bay being readied for delivery. (I pick it up tomorrow morning.) At least it will save me a trip back to Fort Worth and a 4-hour wait for installation. Really appreciate all the great insights!

Pubtym 07-17-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pubtym (Post 2265518)
Go with the Amazon Fire Stick and Verizon Jet Pak. Save a bunch.:D

If you have apple phone, check App Store for Fire stick App to control your Fire Stick.
Don't know if other brand phones have it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.