Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   2016 - Current Flying Cloud (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f542/)
-   -   Water on floor near tall closet (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f542/water-on-floor-near-tall-closet-196847.html)

VDR928 11-04-2019 11:50 AM

Water seeping out of floor between vinyl planks?! HELP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlenloe (Post 2251896)
Our FC23FB has had a puddle of water on the floor at the foot of the bed nearest the taller closet which is beside the refrigerator. This has happened twice in one week. Any idea what might be going on?

Did you ever find out what was going on? This weekend water starting seeping up through our flooring in front of our bed (we noticed it on a rug... 2012 International Serenity FB). It was all under the middle of the trailer and seeped out between the vinyl planks slightly with stepping onto it. We were not using the freshwater tank or pump and did not have the FW tank filled as we had hookups in the RV park. We did leave the kitchen faucet dripping as it was down to 29 degrees for a short while but with the drain open. Kept the furnace at 66 to provide heat to belly pan. We have looked behind the shower panel, refrigerator panel, under sink, and all are dry. There was no rain at all on the trip. We are baffled as we have never had anything like this happen in the year we have owned it (bought used with no problems). The next step is to look under the wardrobe closet floor, although we did not use the water pump at all. Any ideas?! Thanks in advance. We are stumped!!:confused:

wave man 11-04-2019 12:43 PM

I had cool water pooling next to my shower which isnít too far from the foot of one of my beds.

Turns out it may have been a problem with the condensation drain line being a little kinked .

When the water couldnít drain adequately it backed up and ran over, in my case emerging from the space between the shower and fridge.

The dealer discovered and corrected the kink that was there (that I suggested to them) and I sucked a little bit of algae from the drain line after to be thorough.

It hasnít happened again so Iím hoping that was the issue. I know it was cold water so I thought of the condensation.

Might be an avenue to consider if the A/C was running a lot?

Best of luck!

thewarden 11-04-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDR928 (Post 2304781)
Did you ever find out what was going on? This weekend water starting seeping up through our flooring in front of our bed (we noticed it on a rug... 2012 International Serenity FB). It was all under the middle of the trailer and seeped out between the vinyl planks slightly with stepping onto it. We were not using the freshwater tank or pump and did not have the FW tank filled as we had hookups in the RV park. We did leave the kitchen faucet dripping as it was down to 29 degrees for a short while but with the drain open. Kept the furnace at 66 to provide heat to belly pan. We have looked behind the shower panel, refrigerator panel, under sink, and all are dry. There was no rain at all on the trip. We are baffled as we have never had anything like this happen in the year we have owned it (bought used with no problems). The next step is to look under the wardrobe closet floor, although we did not use the water pump at all. Any ideas?! Thanks in advance. We are stumped!!:confused:

Did you check under the lavatory sink. We had a leak in the lav sink area. The PEX joint to the hot water side of the faucet was loose and leaking. On my 27 it is behind a thin wooden panel inside the lav cabinet. It took forever to find it as it was hidden. Tightened the PEX ring and all is good.

This got me to checking all the PEX connections and found most were not all that tight, although none were leaking. I suspect that if one does not use a pressure regulator and you hook up to an outlet with a little too much pressure they would leak.

I think AS could have done a better job of making sure the PEX rings were properly crimped. For the most part you can not get a crimper on the plumbing joints in the AS, there just isn't room in a finished trailer.

Oddly enough, when I went to plumbing supply store to get a PEX crimper for the regular rings AS uses they told me those rings are not allowed for residential use., California building code apparently. They use a ring that is squeezed together at the top of the ring that apparently makes a much better seal with PEX pipe and fittings. I wonder why AS did not adopt this given they are better and that access to joints in most cases is impossible after the fact.

PatLee 11-05-2019 06:12 AM

VDR - have you checked to make sure there is no water dripping on the INTERIOR side of the water inlet where the hose is attached?

VDR928 11-27-2019 04:24 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions! This forum is so helpful!! We found the leak but not before we had tried everything and dismantled the "floating floor"! Good thing we had that sort of floor (Lifeproof vinyl planks with rigid core). They dried off beautifully and we let the original vinyl floor underneath dry completely before reinstalling. (The water was like a lake between the floors!) It was the connection on the water heater, (White plastic connection that had just jarred loose about 1/4 a turn). Simple fix, but a LOT of work to find it and put everything back. We could not find it because the water heater was not on. The good news is we cleaned EVERYTHING and put the bed back extra secure, etc. We had used the camera thing and everything was so dry it really had us baffled but it was that simple white plastic connection on the water heater. We now have it fixed and have placed a container under the connection just in case it jars loose again. Many thanks for the suggestions!