Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   2016 - Current Classic (all lengths) (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f540/)
-   -   CZONE replacing fan with MaxxFan (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f540/czone-replacing-fan-with-maxxfan-195942.html)

The Naker 05-22-2019 08:33 AM

CZONE replacing fan with MaxxFan

Hi there,

I'm considering a 2019 Classic 33fb. I really like the floorplan. I realize it doesn't work for everyone but for our family (one daughter) and no dogs it looks perfect. We are coming from a 27FB.

My question relates to the Czone system. Does anyone know if I can replace the Fantastic Fan with a Maxair Maxxfan (actual fan and not a cover). I've done this in the past and it was as easy as hooking up the 12 volt lines and installing it. I'm not clear now if the Czone has other connections to the existing Fantastic Fan that allow it to operate it remotely.

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Froglips 05-23-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Naker (Post 2243960)
Hi there,

I'm considering a 2019 Classic 33fb. I really like the floorplan. I realize it doesn't work for everyone but for our family (one daughter) and no dogs it looks perfect. We are coming from a 27FB.

My question relates to the Czone system. Does anyone know if I can replace the Fantastic Fan with a Maxair Maxxfan (actual fan and not a cover). I've done this in the past and it was as easy as hooking up the 12 volt lines and installing it. I'm not clear now if the Czone has other connections to the existing Fantastic Fan that allow it to operate it remotely.

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

The lid motor is hooked into the CZone too. I would think it would all be possible. I think the stock fan AS put in in my Classic 30 is noisy junk. My Eddie Bauer fans were quiet and much classier. I am disappointed in some of the low quality, cheap decisions AS made on a $150k trailer.

The Naker 05-23-2019 04:17 PM

Maxxair fans are lightyears ahead of Fantastic. They can be open in the rain or when you are driving (without a huge shroud on your roof), are whisper quiet and don't wake you up in the early morning because they thought dew was a rain storm and decided to close.

I'll have to figure out if there is a way to isolate the power opening motor and fan power in a Maxxair.

Wayne&Sam 05-23-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Naker (Post 2244436)
Maxxair fans are lightyears ahead of Fantastic. They can be open in the rain or when you are driving (without a huge shroud on your roof), are whisper quiet and don't wake you up in the early morning because they thought dew was a rain storm and decided to close.

I'll have to figure out if there is a way to isolate the power opening motor and fan power in a Maxxair.

The first mod I make on my Airstreams is to replace the FFs with MaxxAirs.

chickenrx 05-24-2019 05:48 AM

We have a 2018 Classic 33fb (with Firefly controls) and my major question is whether the MaxxAir Deluxe will have enough mounting space to replace the Fantastic Fan over the lounge area. (i.e. clearance between outside edge of MaxxAir cover and leading edge for rear A/C). I've posed this question in another thread but to date no feedback.

BillB51 05-26-2019 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Froglips (Post 2244257)
The lid motor is hooked into the CZone too. I would think it would all be possible. I think the stock fan AS put in in my Classic 30 is noisy junk. My Eddie Bauer fans were quiet and much classier. I am disappointed in some of the low quality, cheap decisions AS made on a $150k trailer.

Amen!

ajwbarnard 05-26-2019 08:57 AM

On our 2018 with Firefly controls we had a Fantastic fan that took air in and out. 2019 only goes out. I would prefer the fan would go both ways. I heard you could put a reversing switch on. Anyone have any ideas if that would screw up existing czone programming even if you used switch manually.