Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Photography (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415/)
-   -   April 2019 Photo Contest (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415/april-2019-photo-contest-193921.html)

OTRA15 05-03-2019 04:06 PM

A moderator or admin will take care of it . . . this has happened before . . . IMO.

:cool:

Lumatic 05-03-2019 04:57 PM

I don't think judging the contest is a moderator job. But that is OK with me if a mod goes for it. This has happened before and a lot later than 3 days. It has happened to a winner I picked a time or 2. What happened then was I picked a new winner. There is no rule for this situation.

AlinCal 05-03-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson428 (Post 2237711)
May be some health issues. Today is the 3rd.

If we donít get a winner I say all the folks that posted vote.

That was my thought too🏆

Lumatic 05-03-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithcreek (Post 2237580)
We may have to set up a poll and pick our own!

I'll drink to that! but it has some inherent problems such as everybody votes tor their own photo, although I don't think that will happen. I suggest that smith creek call the shots since he posted the idea. Will this poll be only members who submitted photos? Will there be a deadline to cast a vote? I will be on the road and may not be able to vote.

It seems like this issue is coming up more lately. The "poll" idea might be a good idea when this happens again.

Let's remember this is supposed to be fun.

SteveNdebbie 05-03-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumatic (Post 2237770)
I'll drink to that! but it has some inherent problems such as everybody votes tor their own photo, although I don't think that will happen. I suggest that smith creek call the shots since he posted the idea. Will this poll be only members who submitted photos? Will there be a deadline to cast a vote? I will be on the road and may not be able to vote.

It seems like this issue is coming up more lately. The "poll" idea might be a good idea when this happens again.

Let's remember this is supposed to be fun.

I agree. I posted two pictures and downloaded several of others really excellent pictures they submitted and have no idea what it means to ďwinĒ the contest or what you win. It is just, you know, FUN

Nelson428 05-04-2019 07:26 PM

Ok letís keep the FUN alive the clock for May is ticking. I have judged two times in the last 6 months so I have had my turn at judging so I have no desire to win this one.

So letís vote!

Each poster gets one vote for each picture he/she posted and no one can vote for their own picture.

I cast my two votes for:

Rollertoaster for Kirk Creek Campground site 2.

(That does not mean all the other pictures are not beautiful because they are! Someone has to win so we can keep playing the game)

Hittenstiehl 05-04-2019 10:11 PM

So,,,why are we not waiting for Silver Bean to surface.

Maybe they are off the net camping in a cool spot. It's not unusual to go into the next month by a bit.

OTRA15 05-05-2019 04:27 AM

:blink:

Patience.

If you insist on talking about this -- a real black hole IMO -- please ID by post number which photo you are pointing to.

:blink:

Nelson428 05-05-2019 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl (Post 2238067)
So,,,why are we not waiting for Silver Bean to surface.

Maybe they are off the net camping in a cool spot. It's not unusual to go into the next month by a bit.

Not an issue with me. Letís wait. I withdraw and cancel my vote on post #62.

tsunami 05-05-2019 10:19 AM

I like to participate in this forum, but after an adverse incident about the "Topic" I selected, I'll submit photos, because I enjoy seeing others photos, but will not accept the monition as Winner.

silver bean 05-06-2019 11:05 AM

April winner

Sorry for the delay folks...wish I could say that was on a vacation somewhere without any internet access. Truth be told though, I totally forgot about it. At any rate, these were some great photos which has made the selection very tough. The winner of this contest is Rollertoaster with post #37 of the trailer on a bluff at Kirk Creek Campground in Big Sur. Congratulations Rollertoaster!

Hittenstiehl 05-06-2019 01:16 PM

That's a great pick Silver Bean.

This was one of the best monthly photo contests forums has had in a while. The pictures were stupendous and just make us want to travel. Been past Kirk Creek many times but never camped there before and can't wait.

OTRA15 05-06-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollertoaster (Post 2230328)
Kirk Creek Campground near Big Sur

Congratulations, that is a great photo.

Thanks everyone for a fine month of outstanding -- "wow!" -- visual images.

Peter

Rollertoaster 05-06-2019 03:18 PM

There were so many outstanding photos submitted this month and I feel very honored that mine was selected as the winner. Thanks Silver Bean!
The new contest subject will be announced on the May 2019 Photo Contest Thread.

Terry