Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   TV Cable problem... (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/tv-cable-problem-185114.html)

Wishing 08-02-2018 10:50 AM

TV Cable problem...

Itís projected to rain all weekend and I have two young kids who are dying to watch some cable tv, but after a week of working fine, I cannot get the cable to come back after watching a movie on DVD, despite trying everything. We checked to make sure both TVs were programmed back to Cable, the green light for the antenna booster is not on, and auto programmed the cable channels repeatedly, but the cable refuses to turn back on. The TVs are able to get antennae channels, the cable cord is working, the cable connections at the source is working fine (we checked by changing out cords/connecting to a neighborís pedestal, etc.). Iím flummoxed. What could have changed by using a the DVD player? We watched it from the bedroom, but it was playing on the main lounge tv as well-which is probably another topic, but we canít seem to play a DVD movie on the secondary bedroom tv without turning on the main lounge tv. If anyone can help, please advise! Again, the green light/antennae button is not on and the TVs are programmed for cable as the source, and Iíve tried reprogramming the cable channels several times.

DKB_SATX 08-02-2018 11:15 AM

It sounds like you had it working before, but things happen while disconnecting/reconnecting for troubleshooting. Are you sure your external coax is hooked up to the cable input and not the satellite input? The satellite one connects to a disconnected wire inside the AV cabinet, waiting for you to put in a satellite receiver, so it wouldn't be connected to the TVs and the input is adjacent to the cable input.

skyguyscott 08-02-2018 11:25 AM

TV Settings

Sounds like the TV is set to receive over-the-air (OTA) channels instead of cable channels.

Grab the TV Remote, hit the settings or menu button, enter setup mode. Select Cable rather than antenna and do a channel search.

That should work.

Wishing 08-02-2018 12:11 PM

TV Cable problem...

Thanks to you both for taking the time, but Iíve made sure to check on the solutions youíve provided. The only change is when we watched the movie...canít imagine what could be causing the block in receiving the cable signal...frustrating. I made a call to Airstream, hoping they get back with me. There was another Airstreamer in the campground and I tried knocking on their camper door to see if I could get some advice, but they didnít respond, lol. Iíve realized knocking on someone elseís camper door gets me quite anxious, but I was/am desperate.

Wishing 08-06-2018 12:34 PM

TV Cable problem...

My solution to this odd and annoying issue was snaking my cable auxiliary cord through the open window and then through a tiny opening at the edge of the fire exit screen, and directly connecting the cable to the bedroom tv. I sealed off the window with black electrical tape, which kinda helps conceal the fact that I needed to have this ridiculous solution to a $100K+ (MSRP) trailer. Iím hoping we can eventually have this problem diagnosed and fixed.