Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Rallies & Events (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289/)
-   -   Winter Vintage Rally in Austin, TX (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289/winter-vintage-rally-in-austin-tx-18341.html)

Pahaska 09-16-2005 12:27 PM

Winter Vintage Rally in Austin, TX
 
The Texas Highland Lakes Unit will be hosting a Vintage Rally at McKinney Falls State Park Thursday, February 2 through Sunday, February 5, 2006. WBCCI members and non-members are all welcome.

All Airstream years are welcome, however, vintage Airstreams are especially invited to this event. There will be a trailer open-house, a pot-luck dinner, a BBQ dinner, seminars by our local dealer, door prizes, and more. The Austin Banjo Club will provide entertainment from noon-1PM.

You must make your own park site reservations by internet or by calling (512)389-8900. You are more than welcome at the BBQ dinner and other rally events upon payment of a small rally fee. All attendees are responsible for their park entry fees.

As a co-host of this rally, I intend to keep it quite informal, much like the Forum rallies that we have had in this area. Think of it as a Forum rally sponsored by our WBCCI unit.


Pahaska 11-21-2005 09:17 AM

Rally happenings
 
At the rally, we will be showing the Power Point presentation given at the 2005 International by the Vintage intra-club. This covers Airstream history from the mid-1930s up until the late 1960s with photos and information I had never seen before.

We will show these presentations after the BBQ dinner Saturday evening.

Gunnyusmc 12-20-2005 01:12 PM

Feb Ventiage Rally
 
Reservation made for Rally, so count me in.

Don

J&C 01-17-2006 03:11 PM

McKinney Falls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahaska
The Texas Highland Lakes Unit will be hosting a Vintage Rally at McKinney Falls State Park Thursday, February 2 through Sunday, February 5, 2006. WBCCI members and non-members are all welcome.

THLU has reserved a number of sites for the rally duration and prepaid one night's parking for these sites. If you are a WBCCI member, you should contact our (upcoming) President ( Fred Hazen ) to reserve one of our sites. The prepaid first night's parking will be included in the rally fee that you will settle with our treasurer. We will attempt to get the reserved sites located as close together as possible.

Forum rally sponsored by our WBCCI unit.


Pasaska,

We may be attending this Rally however I cannot link to Fred Hazens on this message, let me know how to make reservation (WBCCI 17601)

Thank you,

Pahaska 01-17-2006 03:21 PM

Glad to have you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbaker
Pasaska,
We may be attending this Rally however I cannot link to Fred Hazens on this message, let me know how to make reservation (WBCCI 17601)
Thank you,

Ther more, the merrier!

The initial bunch of reserved sites has already been spoken for, so make your own site reservations by calling TPWD at (512)389-8900. When you get a reservation number, PM it to me and I'll get you a site close to the rest of us. We should have over 40 units attending.

We have a host meeting tomorrow and I'll tell Fred that you are comingto put you on the list.

flyingcloud 01-17-2006 03:58 PM

Hey guys -

We were planning to be in Austin, and just saw your post - so we just made reservations through reserve america for a "nonspecific site" and are excited to be crashing your rally (love that it's vintage)!

We'll be there the week prior and after the rally.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Leigh & Brian

Longhorn57 01-17-2006 08:14 PM

Of the vintage owners that are going, what type of trailers will we be seeing? We will be on our first rally and in our 1976 Caravanner. We are so excited to join the Airstream Family. What is the absolute "must have' for our first rally? We hope to learn so much from all of you! I was just told that there might be 80 members from all over the country? Is that right? Dianne and Jim - Austin Texas

ronpovey 01-17-2006 09:42 PM

February Rally
 
Pahaska

Are Canadians allowed?:) Jan and I are in San Antonio right now but are headed South next week to Brownsville/Donna. If we make it back we would like to attend your rally. We won't make campground reservations, we will show up and take what we get.


Ron/Jan WBCCI # 1594

Pahaska 01-17-2006 11:24 PM

Come one, come all!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronpovey
Pahaska

Are Canadians allowed?:) Jan and I are in San Antonio right now but are headed South next week to Brownsville/Donna. If we make it back we would like to attend your rally. We won't make campground reservations, we will show up and take what we get.
Ron/Jan WBCCI # 1594

We would love to have you. The more, the merrier.

Pahaska 01-17-2006 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn57
Of the vintage owners that are going, what type of trailers will we be seeing? We will be on our first rally and in our 1976 Caravanner. Dianne and Jim - Austin Texas

There should be well over 10 vintage (over 25 years old) units there. I think the attendance count is about 45 now, but it is sure hard to keep count. If you will fit in the park, we will be glad to have you. If the park gets full, then just drive in on Saturday for BBQ and open house.

MarkExc500 01-22-2006 09:37 AM

We hope to be there with our 78 Excella. I am hoping to finalize plans this week and attempt to make a reservation at the State Park.

Mark and Lelian Cuevas

Pahaska 01-22-2006 10:36 AM

Ther more the merrier
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkExc500
We hope to be there with our 78 Excella. I am hoping to finalize plans this week and attempt to make a reservation at the State Park.

Mark and Lelian Cuevas

Since we are already filling more than half the sites in the park with Airstreams, I suggest that you make reservations as soon as possible at (512)389-8900 or over the internet with Reserve America.

Please email Fred Hazen at jfhazen@earthlink.net when you know you are coming for sure so that we can adjust our order amount for the Saturday BBQ dinner.

flyingcloud 01-22-2006 02:22 PM

We're here already...we pulled in to the campground yesterday and will be staying for 2 weeks.

We have a 1963 Flying Cloud - we're in the first loop (spots 1-40) by the showers.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

~Leigh & Brian

bajamist 01-27-2006 12:42 AM

Just heard from a young lady tonight who said she has taken the last campsite left in the Park (according to TX Pks Reservation Central) for that weekend. The best we can figure right now is that there will be 44 A/S rigs there, 17 of them vintages. For those in the Austin area, drive-in visitors on Saturday, Feb 4 are still welcome for the hot dog lunch, Banjo Club entertainment and Vintage Open House starting at noon.

fuegos100 01-27-2006 09:30 AM

argh!, it's true. and we just bought a tow vehicle wed eve. I was waiting to get that settled till I made reservations. oh well, guess we'll be day tripping it.

paul

87MH 01-27-2006 09:47 AM

Do not abandon all hope before ye enter the park!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuegos100
argh!,.... I was waiting to get that settled till I made reservations. oh well, guess we'll be day tripping it.

Don't give up just yet!!

Call the Texas reservations direct and you just may get another answer, or, wait until two days before you want to check in, call the park, and they (the park) might be able to check you in - as a last resort, drive to the park on Friday or Saturday, and there may well be a cancellation - he who perseveres will (usually) find a camping site.

The Texas State Park (especially the national outsourcing) reservation system is far from perfect.

GStephens 01-28-2006 09:46 AM

Would it be possible for Forum members attending the McKinney State Falls Vintage rally this year to get together during the rally or perhaps at least have a sign in sheet or other mechanim so that we can put down our forum user name and site number? This would allow us to track each other down for introductions.
GStephens

Pahaska 01-28-2006 10:58 AM

Sure
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GStephens
Would it be possible for Forum members attending the McKinney State Falls Vintage rally this year to get together during the rally or perhaps at least have a sign in sheet or other mechanim so that we can put down our forum user name and site number? This would allow us to track each other down for introductions.
GStephens

We will have a registration tent in front of the dining hall. We can put a sign-in sheet on the table for forum members. We will have plenty of unscheduled time Friday if we want to put together a face-to face.

Gunnyusmc 02-05-2006 07:14 PM

Winter Rally
 
Hats off too Highland Lakes Unit for a great rally.:)

Thanks John for putting it out on the forum.

Don

flyingcloud 02-06-2006 09:54 AM

hey - we posted some pictures on our blog....will put more up later today. Thanks for a great rally, and we enjoyed meeting everyone!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.