Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Sprinter and B-van Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/)
-   -   Our Journey Begins - 2018 AI TB Lounge (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/our-journey-begins-2018-ai-tb-lounge-173135.html)

Mansderm161 06-16-2019 12:46 PM

Looks great. I would love a ladder, but I use a bike rack so not sure it would work. Can you stand on ladder and wash entire top? With the coffee maker, do you make sure AC is off or just go for it? I haven't tried that yet, but I think AC is designed to shut itself off when power is pulled. My AC goes off by itself when I use microwave and then it goes back on when microwave done.

wachuko 06-16-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansderm161 (Post 2253006)
Looks great. I would love a ladder, but I use a bike rack so not sure it would work. (1)Can you stand on ladder and wash entire top? (2)With the coffee maker, do you make sure AC is off or just go for it? I haven't tried that yet, but I think AC is designed to shut itself off when power is pulled. My AC goes off by itself when I use microwave and then it goes back on when microwave done.

(1) I need to give that a try... will report back.

(2) I wanted to test using only batteries (using inverter), I can use the Nespresso machine. My concern was the 1000watts inverter with a 1200watts machine. But it worked. This is for when we stop and we just want to have some coffee, wanting to avoid having to fire up the generator to make a cup of coffee...

Since I was there testing this, I fired the generator and started the A/C. I let it run for 5-10 minutes...then turned on the Nespresso machine and the A/C turned off. So when using the generator, it behaves like you described.

wachuko 06-21-2019 09:53 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Done with the covers for the holes on the floor... the first one I tested was stained too red... the second one too dark... so just took another wood disc and covered it with matching laminate...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/atta...1&d=1561132364

Turtle I was planning to use on the disc would not stick to the laminate so to the back window it went...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/atta...1&d=1561132312

wachuko 06-22-2019 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Workaround while I figure out mounting location for bracket...

Alex AVI 06-22-2019 12:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wachuko (Post 2255168)
Turtle I was planning to use on the disc would not stick to the laminate so to the back window it went...

WACHUKO - Too bad. The TURTLE would've been my 1st choice too - I am partial to the turtle because it is part of the family crest (on my mom's father's side from the ole' country). This would be a good example, a custom shower drain that can be ordered in 3.25" 4" or 4.25" polished or brush S.S. Pricey but nice :D

wachuko 06-22-2019 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alex, those are beautiful. Was not aware they made them... Ordered!!

Edit: Correction. Email sent to them to see if they sell them without the screw holes... just like the photo shared. I can then just insert them into a wood plate/disc.

Wish there was a nice story to it like your family crest. In our case, being from the Caribbean, we just love sea turtles.

Thank you for finding this. Much, much appreciated!!

Alex AVI 06-22-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachuko (Post 2255611)
Alex, those are beautiful. Was not aware they made them... Ordered!!

Edit: Correction. Email sent to them to see if they sell them without the screw holes... just like the photo shared. I can then just insert them into a wood plate/disc.

Wish there was a nice story to it like your family crest. In our case, being from the Caribbean, we just love sea turtles.

Thank you for finding this. Much, much appreciated!!

WACHUKO - These are handmade. I am sure if you talk to them prior to ordering, they can delete screw holes. I just realized their largest is still smaller than the 7" base. Maybe they will do a larger. I want to order a couple myself (larger 7" or not) but not until I get rid of the table base plate. Deciding on finish yet. ;)

wachuko 06-22-2019 02:13 PM

Alex,

Robert just replied. He can make them in any size. I want them in brushed stainless finish since they go on the floor and will get stepped over. As much as I would like a smooth shiny finish, they would end up with scratches

Asking for a quote on two in 7”

Alex AVI 06-22-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachuko (Post 2255627)
Alex,

Robert just replied. He can make them in any size. I want them in brushed stainless finish since they go on the floor and will get stepped over. As much as I would like a smooth shiny finish, they would end up with scratches

Asking for a quote on two in 7

WACHUKO - You did the work for me. Pls. post quote or PM me. Feel free to tell Robert another member will want to order 2 more. Thanks.

wachuko 06-22-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex AVI (Post 2255661)
WACHUKO - You did the work for me. Pls. post quote or PM me. Feel free to tell Robert another member will want to order 2 more. Thanks.

Glad to be of service. It was all because of your find. I let him know. Waiting on reply.

wachuko 06-24-2019 12:03 PM

Order for the floor decorations made. Alex, I sent you the details via PM.

Alex AVI 06-24-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachuko (Post 2256373)
Order for the floor decorations made. Alex, I sent you the details via PM.

WACHUKO - Got PM. Called him already. He said I can order any of the other designs already pre-designed on his website. He did offer to do my Raiders or Golden Knights logos but since is not an existing design, the upcharge fee is too steep. I am happy with the turtle and pre-designed ones. Thanks for PM info.

FYI , I will order with a wider flange to make sure it covers the existing screw holes. I will drill the holes myself using existing base as template.

rowiebowie 06-24-2019 10:24 PM

If you two need an intervention, I'm here for you.:D

Alex AVI 06-25-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowiebowie (Post 2256614)
If you two need an intervention, I'm here for you.:D

ROWIEBOWIE - Pretty sure I am beyond saving. Fam gave up on me long time ago :lol: Wachuko is much younger, he can still get salvation.