Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Photography (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415/)
-   -   !! Pictures on the road !!! (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415/pictures-on-the-road-17017.html)

sarmimi 06-15-2005 01:55 PM

!! Pictures on the road !!!

Hello everyone!

My wife and I are on our maiden voyage, and about 4 weeks in to a 6+ month road trip. I loaded a ton of low res photos onto ofoto.com (a lot easier than trying to put onto a gallery on this forum). Feel free to view the photos at:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-v34jyd

You don't need to join ofoto. Just double-click on the photo of the airstream and it will start the slide show. (Warning: 145 photos or so). If you want the whole story behind our trip, PM me! I'll responde whenever we have internet access.

Also, if anyone has advice on the following thread, please let me know:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarmimi
... we'll have to head to Windish RV Center in Lakewood CO (near Denver), Ardell Brown Auto & RV in Sandy UT (near SLC), or Bretz RV & Marine in Missoula MT but this time we'll make a reservation on the road as the dealers seem to be at least a week out. If anyone has any pro/con comments on any of the above service depts, that would be great. Thanks!

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=16895

Thanks! I'll post more photos as the trip progresses. We are currently in Santa Fe NM and on Saturday head to Durango CO. We also met our very first airstreamforums members, Mary and Gary from Texas, while we were at the KOA in Albuquerque NM. Nice to see some of us out there!

- Mike & Angela & our son/dog Kenzie

flyfisher 06-15-2005 02:22 PM

I had some "work" done at Bretz RV last summer. It was a disaster! Everything they touched they made worse. I would never go within 1000 miles of that place again. I ended up taking my trailer to Jackson Center at the end of the summer to correct many of the problems Bretz caused. However, I still have an extra hole in my trailer's roof that Bretz put there when they repositioned the J-hook that secures my main awning, when it did not need to be moved and after I instructed them NOT to move it.

John

Ken J 06-15-2005 03:11 PM

Let me know if you need any advice/ideas/directions/suggestions in Durango.....

Ken J.

Silvertwinkie 06-15-2005 03:27 PM

Those are some sweet pics....very nice! :)

driftwood 06-15-2005 03:43 PM

Sharing travels ...

Mike, Angela & Kenzie,

WOW ... Great pictures and thanks so much for sharing. They are a pleasure for those of us who are not putting on the miles at this time. I certainly enjoyed them.

Aren't digital cameras wonderful. Imagine doing that a few years ago!
Why don't you have Kenzie take a picture of the two of you together :p

By-the-way, the black light pictures in the Moqui Caves are being dislpayed under license from my college bedroom ceiling :excl:

Additionaly, nice pix of Maui. Was it difficult to get the Airstream there!!! :lol:

67caravel 06-15-2005 03:52 PM

Great great photos!!!

Porky Pig 06-15-2005 04:37 PM

Nice photos ... especially Radio Shag! :blush: :lol:

05ModPod 06-15-2005 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarmimi
Hello everyone!

My wife and I are on our maiden voyage, and about 4 weeks in to a 6+ month road trip. .....

:o :o :o :o drool drool drool We love the car too and just love to swim - we don't take up too much bed space either. Moms and Pops they bought me a Wal-Mart Bed but sometimes I have to share it with the girl in the white coat - looks like you are having a real cool holiday Kenzie - I met my first cow and rolled in it's perfume for the first time ever on our short road trip to Vermont - also got myself a nasty shock from the cow fence - so it will be a time to remember.

Now onto us humans - fabulous pictures - can't wait to travel the west one day - Thanks for sharing your adventures with us....okay dying to know - how is it that you are traveling 6+months on a road trip????? cause we got to get us that kind of road trip before we are 45 :D

Safe Travels - and if your 6+ months takes you up near eastern Ontario Cnd be sure to look us up.

It was way to hot to re-pack the car nicely from picking up the Overlander - Haily normally sleeps up the middle but I guess she was real tired from all the farm smells and excitement of the trip.

rseagle 06-15-2005 06:16 PM

Loved the photos, especially Yosemite.

Tinsel Loaf 06-15-2005 07:59 PM

Thanks for sharing. Now we can save a lot of diesel by not going to some of those places, cauz we just saw them.

eljay 06-15-2005 09:03 PM

What a great trip! Thanks for the vacation! I suppose I have to go back to work now...

rtaylor537 06-16-2005 06:35 AM

road trip pictures

your pictures are terrific and your travels are enviable. i enjoyed the information.

the site where the pictures are stored was either busy or just plain slow as the slide show ran somewhat slowly even with broadband.

rtaylor

Rhodie 06-16-2005 09:31 PM

WOW, what a great first trip! We head out Saturday for our first "official" camping trip (we purchased in Oregon and camped our way home in October) and can't wait especially after seeing those beautiful pics!

We're all enjoying your journey:D

Barb

sarmimi 06-26-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyfisher
I had some "work" done at Bretz RV last summer. It was a disaster! Everything they touched they made worse. I would never go within 1000 miles of that place again.
John

Thanks John. I think we'll just wait until we get back to CA and have it serviced by the dealer who sold us our trailer. A lot of little things are starting to come up, but we can live with them. Would rather spend time traveling rather than waiting for the trailer in the shop!

I've got a bunch more photos from AZ, NM, and CO. Will post as soon as I save down to an uploadable size (i.e. lower resolution).

BTW, have met a number of other Airstreamers on our continued travels. I just have to say that we seem to be THE COOLEST BUNCH of folks our there RVing!!!!

- Mike & Angela & our son/dog Kenzie