Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Airstream Lifestyle (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483/)
-   -   How did everyone come up with names for their trailer? (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483/how-did-everyone-come-up-with-names-for-their-trailer-166128.html)

Hopeful1 05-01-2017 08:08 AM

How did everyone come up with names for their trailer?

I'm clueless, but I've already been asked, "What did you name your Airstream?".

I'm drawing a blank here.

How did you guys come up with a name or did you?

brokeboater 05-01-2017 08:19 AM

I hear ya. I just don't get it really. To humor some of my acquaintances I've tried to come up with a name but it just doesn't work for me. I can come up with doozies of nick names for friends and family that stick for life. My pets all have half a dozen nick names. My Airstream, when I have one, is "the Airsream", or "the Safari". My truck is "the truck". My boat is "the boat".

Belegedhel 05-01-2017 08:42 AM

I call mine the "Err-stream," as I have made so many errors during my rennovation!

Hopeful1 05-01-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokeboater (Post 1943380)
I hear ya. I just don't get it really. To humor some of my acquaintances I've tried to come up with a name but it just doesn't work for me. I can come up with doozies of nick names for friends and family that stick for life. My pets all have half a dozen nick names. My Airstream, when I have one, is "the Airsream", or "the Safari". My truck is "the truck". My boat is "the boat".

Lol. That's funny.

Hopeful1 05-01-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belegedhel (Post 1943389)
I call mine the "Err-stream," as I have made so many errors during my rennovation!

Love it.

mayco 05-01-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokeboater (Post 1943380)

Yup......my 310TD is simply "the rig". I don't get the whole cutesy naming of inanimate objects. Just me, just my opinion, don't kick me out of the club :).

(Oh....I don't do clubs either) dang it.

Skooter 05-01-2017 10:32 AM

It is what it is. No need to make up a name. "Slick" is what we call it.
As in, "Let's take Slick camping this weekend." :D

Bhkh226 05-01-2017 10:34 AM

Well, I guess I'll be the one to stray, we (and I mean she) named ours "Rosie" as in Rosie the RIVETER, get it, riveter, I'll be here all week ladies and gentlemen..........

m.hony 05-01-2017 10:50 AM

The Baked Potato...
It looks like a baked potato in the foil...
After I registered the name I saw that someone else also named theirs Baked Potato...
I guess it wasn't as original as I thought...

Tarcoola 05-01-2017 10:57 AM

Priscilla. My wife and I are from Australia and decided to name our AS after the movie ... Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

CamanoIsland 05-01-2017 10:57 AM

Airstream Name

I named my old Caravel Stella just cause it sounded right. When I got the new 2007 Bambi I tried Marilyn Monroe cause she got in so much trouble but I may just call her Stella II. Also referred to as AB---the Aluminium Beast.

Camano Island

Jan Tillman 05-01-2017 10:59 AM

I am Native American so our is "The Tin Tipi"

FCStreamer 05-01-2017 11:00 AM

I call mine "el trailer". That's "the trailer" in Spanish.

:)

Cstoned 05-01-2017 11:00 AM

hi. good question. how? my imagination. i refer to my 30" Excella as The Tin Cabin, and when i do pop up catering its The Tin Cafe by the Bay.
Happy Trails.