Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Canopener 2018 (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/canopener-2018-a-162022.html)

white laker 08-25-2017 08:01 PM

I was talking to the folks at the park and they told me that only sites 1 - 24 will be effected. These are the sites in the first loop as you enter the park from the store to the showers. It looks like 8 or 9 attendees will be effected. I would call and raise hell with them to see if the could hold off on the work until the end of the rally. I cannot understand how they can take a reservation and collect the fees, then pull the carpet out from under you. Not nice!:mad::angry:

NonnaAndPop 08-25-2017 08:05 PM

I got a recorded phone call today telling me Topsail was closing the Loop my reservation was on; I think it was the 100 Loop. We have site 9 listed, or at least we did. I thought the park is 100% Booked, so I'm worried we're being kicked out. What???

NonnaAndPop 08-25-2017 08:07 PM

Can the organizers of the rally fight on our behalf??? My hubs and I are supposed to be on Site 9. Does this mean we're kicked out???

NonnaAndPop 08-25-2017 08:14 PM

Topsail Closing the 100 Loop, Where do those Campers go!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida 55 (Post 1965690)
Hello 2018 Canopener attendees. I've just reviewed the RSVP page and found a few more signups for the rally since the last map update.

For those of you who are new, or have forgotten, a site reservation with the campground does not sign you up for the rally. To sign up for the rally you need to go to the official rally RSVP site. Scroll to the bottom of the RSVP page, click the "yes" button, provide your first names, your site number, and your arrival and departure dates. The rally organizers will use this information to put you on the map and produce name tags. It will also give us a count, which now totals 80 rigs. Here's a link to the RSVP page:

Canopener 2018 Rally Registration (RSVP)

I've updated the maps with the most recent RSVP's. If you are attending the rally, and haven't signed up on the RSVP page, please do so per the directions above. If you have signed up, please review your registration on the updated maps (links appear below). Some of you haven't provided first names on your RSVP. If you haven't you can update your RSVP to add information. In addition, if your plans have changed, and you won't be attending, please go to the RSVP page to cancel your rally reservation. Cancelling with Reserve America, or the campground, doesn't tell the rally your plans changed.

Here are links to the updated maps. Please send me a PM if you see an error.

Canopener 2018 Map Sites 2-91

Canopener 2018 Map Sites 101-168

Can the organizers help with the fact that the lark now wants to close one of the loops and essentially kick-out some of the Canopener attendees?

jack9443 08-26-2017 07:53 AM

Jack9443 John and Merirae are in site 042 loop 101

Noggin 08-26-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NonnaAndPop (Post 1999390)
Can the organizers of the rally fight on our behalf??? My hubs and I are supposed to be on Site 9. Does this mean we're kicked out???

We will do what we can. Like last year, we got no advance notice and I doubt the ranger did either. Being a weekend, not much we can do until Tallahassee opens up on Monday.
Stay tuned,
Joe

AWCHIEF 08-26-2017 08:48 AM

On the Canopener Facebook page several have reported calling and getting moved to another spot. Seems really dirty for them to do this again after what happened last year. Seriously might be time to start looking for a new venue for this maxed out rally.

Protagonist 08-26-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWCHIEF (Post 1999554)
On the Canopener Facebook page several have reported calling and getting moved to another spot.

I'm wondering how they could get moved when cancellation vacancies are snatched up in mere minutes and the campground has been fully booked for months…:huh:

AWCHIEF 08-26-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protagonist (Post 1999564)
I'm wondering how they could get moved when cancellation vacancies are snatched up in mere minutes and the campground has been fully booked for months…:huh:

Beats me, you would have to call and ask. We are not the only campers there that week. People are constantly cancelling and the closer we get to rally time more spots will open up.

jack9443 08-26-2017 07:02 PM

Canopener 2018

We're in site 42 John and Merirae Jackson looking forward to the fun

Silver Fern 08-28-2017 06:46 AM

Seems that the park is full up at this point. Couldn't get a spot, so will miss it this year. Have fun! Nancy/Carl

AirHeadsRus 08-28-2017 11:32 AM

Say it isn't so!

Sadly but true, the 100 loop at Topsail (sites 1 - 21) will be closed throughout the winter months for upgrading to all theses sites. I spoke with the park ranger today and they cannot and will not delay or postpone the construction. I even asked them to release the sites they hold but alas, they could not.

SO, if you have a reservation for any of these sites you will, if you haven't already, be contacted by Reserve America canceling your reservation :sad:

BUT, here are two options: 1) contact Reserve America and check availability at Grayton Beach, a short ride from Topsail, or other private RV parks in the area. 2) be diligent about checking for reservation cancellations at RA that WILL certainly occur between now and Canopener. It will be business as usual at RA, which means whoever "snatches up" the cancellation First, Wins:shock: (There is no waiting list, nor has there ever been)

I'm sincerely sorry this has occurred, and it is possible, even likely, it may occur in the future as more sites are in need of upgrading.
I'll be posting soon with requests for volunteers, schedule of events, more requests and then follow up with more requests for volunteers:brows:

Annette

divanko 08-29-2017 07:36 AM

#51 divanko Cancellation

:mad: Rec'd notice via email that my reservation for site #017 has been canceled because of maintenance of the Loop 100 starting Nov. '17 thru Mar.'18. The Topsail State Park is fully booked and I am receiving a full refund. Unless I luck out and snag a spot that comes open, I will not be attending this year. Thanks, divanko

tvketchum 08-31-2017 06:39 PM

The Friends of Topsail is the recipient of a lot of the Canopener fundraising. If anyone has pull to get the affected attendees relocated to a site not in the Reserve America inventory, it would be them. Every Florida Park has sites not sold through Reserve America, and Topsail has a few. I would suggest this approach rather than trying to strong arm the park into postponing work, which needs to be done.

What is annoying, they know they are closing sites for renovations, so they should plan better and restrict them from being sold in the first place.