Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Canopener 2018 (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/canopener-2018-a-162022.html)

tvketchum 06-23-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorhog (Post 1966479)
Reserveamerica shows no availability. is there a waiting list?

There are some websites which monitor for cancellations and will send email alerts if a site opens up. Wandering labs is one, which has pay and free options. We have used it with success, but, you have to act when you get the alert.

Aviator 06-23-2017 02:31 PM

Aviator (Craig & Carol Stephens) Site 28, Loop 101

Florida 55 06-23-2017 08:19 PM

Other Overnight Options for Canopener Attendees

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorhog (Post 1966479)
Reserveamerica shows no availability. is there a waiting list?

Campground site reservation cancellations occur periodically. You need to monitor Reserve America frequently. If the experience of past years holds true this year there will be 10-20 cancellations within 4-5 weeks of the rally start date. Typically campground site reservation cancellations appearing on Reserve America are taken quickly so if you see one, grab it.

As far as the rally itself is concerned, there is no wait list. The rally takes as many attendees as sign up.

In past years some Airstreamers who wanted to attend the Canopener rally, but couldn't get reservations at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, secured campsite reservations at Grayton Beach State Park which is only 8 miles from Topsail Hill, the site of Canopener. Others have come without their Airstreams and stayed at the cabins at Topsail Hill. Reserve America takes reservations for the cabins at Topsail Hill. Typically they are less difficult to reserve than the campsites.

Another camping option is a private campground, Camp Gulf, located about 5 miles from Topsail Hill in Destin.

Florida 55 06-23-2017 08:32 PM

Connie Anne and Randall (The Way). You are now on the map and registered with the rally. Thanks for signing up on the registration page.

Click on the map links at post #64 to see the update.

Overlander & Sea 06-24-2017 03:30 PM

We're signed up!! Rick & JJ site 141, arriving Tuesday January 2 and leaving Sunday January 7. We're looking forward to another fun Canopener!!

Florida 55 07-13-2017 04:55 AM

Canopener Map Update

Good morning Canopener 2018 attendees and want to attends. I have updates to the campground maps showing Airstreams registered with the rally. Check out the links below:

Canopener 2018 Campground Map Sites 1-99

Canopener 2018 Campground Map Sites 101-168

If you don't see your trailer on one of the maps, you haven't yet registered with the rally. A campground registration is only the first step in attending Canopener 2018. You also have to register with the rally. Go to the rally registration site at the link below. Scroll to the bottom of the page, check that you are attending. In the comments box type in your site number, the first names of the people in your Airstream , and your expected arrival date. This information is used to make name tags, the rally maps, and for the organizers to have count for planning activities.

Canopener 2018 Rally Registration (RSVP) Site

We are less than six months away. If you haven't yet registered with the rally, please do so. We know the park is fully booked and there are quite a few spaces on the maps without Airstreams. Time to reveal yourselves!

If you see an error on the map, please PM me and I'll make the correction.

See you at Topsail!

SeiglerM 07-27-2017 05:51 PM

Is this open to anyone who would like to attend? We are from TN and are new WBBCI members.

Protagonist 07-27-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida 55 (Post 1976875)
Good morning Canopener 2018 attendees and want to attends.

We know the park is fully booked and there are quite a few spaces on the maps without Airstreams. Time to reveal yourselves!

Fully booked is right! Guess I'll just have to plan to attend for 2019 instead. Even if there are cancellations for 2018 between now and then, the waiting list on this thread is already pretty long, and they deserve a chance ahead of me. First come, first served, and all that.

With that in mind, the Rally organizers might do everyone a favor and cull this thread for people who expressed an interest but couldn't find a space, and list them in the order they posted. Then if someone does cancel, that person can PM the next person on the waiting list to give them the first crack at the newly available space before opening it up to the rest of us.

SeiglerM 07-27-2017 06:22 PM

Disappointed, as new members we are finding it tough to sign up for events as reservations are limited and popular. Will try next year.

AWCHIEF 07-27-2017 07:20 PM

Canopener 2018

There is no official waiting list. If any one wants to attend start checking the Florida State Park reservation daily. The closer we get the more people will drop out. Keep in mind that we are not the only ones using the park and those SOBs will be cancelling their reservations as the dates get closer.

Noggin 08-13-2017 11:58 AM

If staying at other parks

For those who have booked at other parks for the Canopener and want to register for the Canopener, please go to the RSVP page http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...y=2018-1-4&c=1 and at the bottom put your names, date of arrival, what park you are in and site number. Not sure we can do a map, but we can make a list so you are included.
We look forward to seeing everybody.

Joe & Annette

Lyman 08-21-2017 06:47 PM

If anyone hears of someone who has reservations and has to cancel please send me a message. Thanks

dfbroussard 08-25-2017 04:24 PM

Loop 100

Reserve America just called and told me they are closing loop 100 from November to March. I had reserved site 8, but they let me move it to site 88.

AWCHIEF 08-25-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfbroussard (Post 1999301)
Reserve America just called and told me they are closing loop 100 from November to March. I had reserved site 8, but they let me move it to site 88.

They pulled this same trick last Rally. Work was postponed after complaints were made to them. I believe that loop 100 is the first section to the left as you enter. Looks like there are 21 spots effected by this closure.