Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Thanks for adding me (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/thanks-for-adding-me-161450.html)

Arkie 01-12-2017 10:10 PM

Thanks for adding me

August of last year, we purchased a 1964 Land Yacht 24' Air Stream. It is basically complete, all equipment is functional. We are beginning to put our own little touches to the inside to "make it ours". Husband, Arkie and I(Carla) live in Sullivan, MO. Looking forward to Vintage Camping this spring. We also have other vintage campers that are not Air Streams which we take camping also. Looking forward to having a place to reference for advice and suggestions as we work on our Air Stream.

P S Noticed I selected Tradewind in profile but our airstream is a Land Yacht.

xrvr 01-13-2017 02:53 AM

Welcome. Check out the tin can tourists.

rhutson 01-13-2017 05:41 AM

Welcome Arkie! Lots info, stories, fun and pics here on the forums! Good luck and safe travels! :lol: :D :o :brows:

Twinke58 01-14-2017 05:57 AM

Welcome I too live in Missouri. I also have a 1962 Tradewind vintage trailer. I live near Kansas City. I would love to see some pic of your trailer!

Rachel
1962 Tradewind "Agnes"
WBCCI 9380

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forum

richw46 01-14-2017 06:42 AM

Hello Arkie and Carla, greetings from central Kentucky and welcome to the forum. May you have safe and enjoyable journeys. :wally: Welcome to the forum.

Arkie 01-15-2017 12:05 AM

Rachel

I don't have very many pictures at this time but will share as we start our work on the inside. Can I attach the pictures by using the attachment icon above, or do I need to post them in a different area?
Have you heard of Midwest Glampers? It is a group of ladies that camp together from Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, and I probably missed someone. They have a large group getting together at Smithville Lake the first weekend of May. You have to be a member to attend but if you search on Facebook for Midwest Glampers, put in a request to join if interested. We have a lot of fun. Thanks for reaching out to me ..hope to meet you this spring/summer. Carla

Arkie 01-15-2017 12:11 AM

Rich and Yvonne

Appreciate you reaching out to us. I have some cousins that live in Calvert City, KY close to Paducah. Of course that is the western part of your state. Never been through the central part. Never know, we may be coming your way this coming season. Right now we have ice so ready for it to warm up soon!
Have a great New Year :)
Carla and Arkie

Twinke58 01-18-2017 01:06 PM

I'll check out the Midwest Glapers! You should check out the WBCCI and when joining that you can join the VAC (Vintage Airstream Club) I'm a member and the 3rd VP of the club.

Rachel

1962 Tradewind "Agnes"
WBCCI 9380

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forum