Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Photography (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415/)
-   -   November 2016 photo contest: Thankful (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415/november-2016-photo-contest-thankful-159079.html)

BambiWannabe 11-03-2016 04:46 PM

November 2016 photo contest: Thankful

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to my partner's patented "sour face" look when eating anything not on a children's menu, I find myself the lucky winner of October's photo contest. Thank you!

November is the month of Thanksgiving.

What is it about your Airstream that you are most thankful for?

A particular feature?
A bucket-list trip?
Community?
Solitude?
Escape?

In my judging, equal weight will be given to the photo, and the backstory.

If Francis DiBona takes requests (you've seen his photoshopped masterpieces), may I request a 23D in place of the turkey in Rockwell's "Freedom from Want":

Attachment 274763

Let the thankfulness begin.

Dan
aka: BambiWannabe

https://tabadabadoo.wordpress.com

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

BambiWannabe 11-03-2016 05:18 PM

Photo "concert"? That'll teach me to type this out in a parking lot before I go play with an orchestra...

Photo contest. :)

Hittenstiehl 11-03-2016 06:28 PM

Great topic!!

OTRA15 11-03-2016 11:25 PM

May I respectfully remind everyone that the goal is the posting of actual photos (usually taken personally or by a family member IMO) per the forum rules from 2008, as discussed at the end of the October Photo contest?

"A good picture is worth a thousand words . . . "

Thanks.

[click on the arrow at the top of the quote to go to that post in the original thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanoeStream (Post 544052)
You must own the rights to any photograph submitted for the photo contest. This advisory has been written into some monthly contest announcements but it should apply to every contest. Usually this will mean that you took the photo entered in the contest. At the time you enter a photo it's only fair to the other entrants to say if you didn't take the picture but that you own the rights.

From the Community Rules at the bottom of each and every Forums page (underline mine):
At AIR Forums you may see duplication of advertising copy, manuals or web content. These generally are used for discussion purposes. Such images could be removed on complaint of the rights holder.

Thank you,
The mod team

BambiWannabe 11-04-2016 12:23 AM

November 2016 photo concert: Thankful

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you, OTRA 15. I hadn't intended my Rockwell as an example of a photo submission - just as a symbol for being thankful

I know I can't enter my own contest, but if I could, I'd be thankful for new roads ahead, and revisiting old ones. And I might post this shot I took this past summer in Wyoming:

Attachment 274774

OTRA15 11-04-2016 05:34 AM

Wow, what a great shot! . . . which illustrates the theme well -- thankfulness for the ability to travel in one's home on wheels. As Huck Finn said,

"But I reckon I got to light out for the territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before."

:wally:

Lumatic 11-04-2016 11:05 AM

Amores

1 Attachment(s)
Camping with my daughters family at Sawtooth Lodge, Grandjean, ID. Grandjean sounds more continental than Big John. Cooking weiners on my campfire. This was a little bit before drinking a beer and accidentally swallowing a bee that was in the bottle. The title of this one should be Thanksgiving Weiners, but I am not being allowed to change it. (I originally thought I was doing some Samores but spell check changed it on me)

BambiWannabe 11-04-2016 12:09 PM

That a what I'm talkin' about - great story.

DanB 11-04-2016 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm thankful for my wife! She's a great partner to have during our restoration projects.

"We really fit together if you know what I'm talkin about" -GB

PKI 11-04-2016 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thankful! Yes, for all the shinys everywhere and all the good folks who own, cherish and care for these very special coaches. And most importantly, that they eventually pass them along to another generation. This jewel was spotted at a stop we made last Fall on our East Coast Leaf Peeping trip. We are always thankful to see a vintage coach on the road. Good Luck with your travels. Pat

BambiWannabe 11-04-2016 01:21 PM

Thank you DanB and PKI. I'm getting misty-eyed already reading these. Keep 'em comin'.

Charlie M 11-05-2016 12:05 PM

Owl Canyon, CA

1 Attachment(s)
I'm thankful for health, family, our Airstream life and a delicious turkey to enjoy.

Breezinalong 11-05-2016 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm thankful for my 97 year old Grandma, Ms. Nonah Watson of Woodland, Mississippi. Last year my uncle made the difficult choice to move her into a skilled nursing facility (which, by the way, is a very kind place with lots of friends and kin working and residing there).

In the last year, grandma has only gone outside into the garden terrace a couple of times and has not ever gone out the front door. Well, as soon as I told her our new Airstream was out front, she insisted on walking outside to see it.

You see, my grandpa, who passed away many years ago, LOVED Airstreams. I remember as a kid him pointing one out any time he saw one and talking about how good they were. But, there was no was they could ever afford one.

Fast forward all these years and I'm guessing Grandma didn't want to pass up an opportunity to see one and let my Grandpa know his grandson got around to having one. We're thankful Airstream got her motivated.

skitique 11-05-2016 08:26 PM

Breezinalong,
That is a touching picture & a great story.

Jane, Scott, & the 2 Goldens

Mellinkat 11-05-2016 08:54 PM

Thankful for Junior Rangers

1 Attachment(s)
At the other end of the age spectrum from BreezinAlong's Grandma, I am thankful to be a grandma of twin boys who are ALWAYS ready to go with "Grammy and Papa." ALWAYS. I hope they never tire of it, as that is why we bought a 25' SS (so we would have the extra bed to take grandkids), but I know they will tire of it eventually, so we are thankful for the years that we are enjoying with them right now.

Hittenstiehl 11-08-2016 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Freedom, Adventure and Joy

Our Airstreams give us another reason to travel and see this incredible country. It allows us the freedom to travel at any pace and in most all directions. It allows us to not worry (much) about reservations and finding the next interchange with hotels and restaurants. It helps us strike up conversations with strangers whereever we go. It makes people smile in wonder and takes them back. It gives us a reason to preserve or at least improve an iconic item of Americana. It keeps us learning, moving, fixing and experiencing.

Arcticfox 11-08-2016 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BambiWannabe (Post 1872435)

If Francis DiBona takes requests (you've seen his photoshopped masterpieces), may I request a 23D in place of the turkey in Rockwell's "Freedom from Want":

Attachment 274763

Let the thankfulness begin.

Dan
aka: BambiWannabe

I'm not Francis DiBona, but I thought I would jump in and try to fill your request.
Now if Francis had done this we would have a classic on our hands, so please except my "Dime-Store" impression of what he does so well....

Cheers
Doug

BambiWannabe 11-08-2016 07:17 PM

I LOVE it! Thank you!

BambiWannabe 11-08-2016 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcticfox (Post 1874276)
I'm not Francis DiBona, but I thought I would jump in and try to fill your request.

Now if Francis had done this we would have a classic on our hands, so please except my "Dime-Store" impression of what he does so well....

Cheers

Doug

.... and this might need to be part of my next Christmas card. :)

Arcticfox 11-08-2016 09:20 PM

Your most welcome.