Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   NWS : mini-rally in WA State (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/mini-rally-in-wa-state-15675.html)

Stefrobrts 03-03-2005 11:01 AM

mini-rally in WA State

That 'mini-rally on the oregon coast' thread is getting too big, and it's off topic, so I thought I'd start a new one.

Ok, folks, so we're talking about a little get together at Battle Ground Lake State Park, sometime in April. How about the weekend of April 16-17th? I'm just throwing that out there, if that's inconvenient we can pick another.

So, lets hear from the usual suspects...

jordandvm 03-03-2005 11:24 AM

Steph,

That would work for us....count us in!

Jim & Cheryl

Janet H 03-03-2005 03:48 PM

Works for us too!

Stefrobrts 03-03-2005 04:07 PM

Wow, suddenly I feel more pressure to get the Caravel done!

jordandvm 03-03-2005 09:27 PM

No pressure from me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Wow, suddenly I feel more pressure to get the Caravel done!

Steph.......you can always sleep at home (since it's in your backyard) if worse comes to worse! :-)
Actually the WA SP website shows that there are quite a few spots with hookups, and there are lots of hiking trails around the campground. It said it's a "mini Crater Lake", formed by volcanic action. How far is it to Mt St. Helens? I would like to see that sometime also!
Annette said she would come back if we had another rally......that's a long haul to come back to the Northwest from Tubac, AZ.
Hopefully we can lure some other AS'ers from the Northwest forums group to the rally in addition to the great group we had last time! I remember several said they could'nt make the Beverly Beach rally, but would try to attend the next one.

Jim

3Ms75Argosy 03-04-2005 12:57 AM

Need my work schedule

Hey guys, count me as "interested." I just started a new job and have not gotten my work schedule yet. I'll let you know soon!
Marc

Stefrobrts 03-04-2005 01:28 AM

It's a bit of a drive to Mt St Helens. We've done it many times as a day trip, but it's an all day adventure. There's so much to see up there. It's definitly a reasonable distance just to head up to the visitor's center for the day. Actually, is it open again yet? They closed it when the volcano activity picked up.

There is lots of hiking at BG Lake. I have an annual pass and go over there several times a week year around. Good exercise, and it's fascinating how much the scenery changes with the weather. My favorite hike was last winter, with snow on the ground and loading the trees so they bent over. I followed deer, racoon, and rabbit tracks in the fresh snow along the trails. Great fun! I feel very lucky to live so close to such a great place.

The Oregon Unit is having a rally in April at Lincoln City on the Oregon coast. I'm waiting to hear back on which weekend it is, because I'd like to go to that as well. I'll post it here as soon as I find out more info on that. It's one of the few unit rallys I planned on attending this year, so I'd hate to have a conflict.

pinkflamingoes 03-04-2005 01:34 PM

hmmmm.

You'd be on our way to visit my out-laws in Copalis Crossing, Washington. I hike! I could bring my boots. The trailer won't be coming along. Only by some miracle. We're having a local one here in Northern CA the weekend of April 8-9-10. It would be cool to make both!

Stefrobrts 03-04-2005 04:57 PM

Ingrid, that would be cool, even if you just swung by to say hello.

Jim, speak of the devil, I just saw a big article in the paper saying the Johnston Ridge visitor's center might be open in time for the anniversary of the big event on May 18th, if the mountain behaves herself until then. So it sounds like the best viewpoint is still closed :(

Larry Brown 03-04-2005 08:19 PM

maybe

Do they have space for Motor homes I haven"t been there since I was a kid. The wife says it sounds like fun. We are not wally byram but are airstream classic we plan to join for the big rally in salem I think next year.Just wondered if it was ok. We partied with a mini rally at north bonneville last year. It was fun.

campcollector 03-04-2005 09:11 PM

Battle ground

Steph I am interested if there is no conflict for your Oregon unit rally in Tillamook.

signed
Usual suspect.

Stefrobrts 03-04-2005 10:17 PM

Just to be clear, this is a forum rally, in no way related to the WBCCI, or the Oregon Unit, of which I am a member. So Larry, you are welcome to join us. I think there's room for a motor home.

In fact, it's not so much a rally, as a coincidental gathering of Airstreamers ;) Once I'm sure that date is ok we can all just make our own reservations and show up.

Still waiting to hear about the date of that other rally though...They have to tell me soon, I'm printing the newsletter! Can't keep secrets from me!

Stefrobrts 03-04-2005 10:28 PM

Ok, I just found out the Oregon Unit April Rally is the 22-24th, so it won't interfere with this rally.

So Marc, when will you know your new schedule? Think you can make it? Should we go ahead and plan for the 16-17 and hope for the best?

campcollector 03-04-2005 11:56 PM

I'm in

16th is good for me. If we can nail this down I will make a reservation.

3Ms75Argosy 03-05-2005 12:20 AM

Go ahead

My schedule won't be posted until the end of next week...I say don't wait for me, I'll come if I'm off. If not, well, maybe I can hit the Lincoln rally if I'm off then. I hate being the bottom of the totem poll at my new job for scheduling, but it really is a great new position for me.

This means, of course, the mad thrash to put my trailer in working order again! I don't know why, it always seems to work this way! Let's see now...
Water lines,
Furnace,
replace running lights that keep loosing their covers
And if I have time, I'd like to have the trailer stripped of paint for another look.
Thankfully, I have some time off next week!
Thanks!
Marc

nettepdx 03-05-2005 09:32 AM

Hi Gang, that may be a little soon for me to make it up that way but you never know. Or maybe I'll show up sans trailer as I've been thinking about flying up to get my books. I'll keep checking to see how your plans are going for the mini rally. I'd love to see all of you again.

Stefrobrts 03-05-2005 11:24 AM

Ok then, the weekend of April 16th it is! Go ahead and make your reservations. I tried to make a reservation online, but it said the system was down. It does show a few spots are booked, but it looks like spots 1 through 11 area all open now, so lets try and get into those. Not like it really matters that we are all right together, because it's such a small park.

Post back here when you have a spot reserved so we'll know who's where.

[Edit] now I see the website says spots are only available first come first serve on the dates I selected. I hope this isn't a problem. Hmmm....

Stefrobrts 03-05-2005 12:01 PM

Ok, hold off on the reservations. I'm going to go talk to the ranger and see if I can reserve ten spots for us. I'll post more when I talk to someone over there.

Hippo 03-05-2005 02:03 PM

Can I bring my wife's recently purchased Burro? I can spray paint it silver or chrome. Or how about pink like Miss Piggy's trailer.

Stefrobrts 03-05-2005 03:59 PM

Well, I don't think we can stop you, it IS a public park ;)