Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Possible forum problems.... (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138/possible-forum-problems-15669.html)

Silvertwinkie 03-02-2005 06:35 PM

Possible forum problems....

Anyone else having these issues:

Server too busy error mssg

Problem with database error msgg

Problems starting new threads

Not a complaint, just trying to see if it's me or if there is a larger problem.

norbert 03-02-2005 06:39 PM

it has been....should i say, dicey today....

Lotek 03-02-2005 06:40 PM

Several times today...

till 03-02-2005 06:42 PM

I have been having the first two on your list for days now Eric.

I will be shocked of this posts :eek:

uwe 03-02-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Anyone else having these issues:

Server too busy error mssg

Problem with database error msgg

Problems starting new threads

Not a complaint, just trying to see if it's me or if there is a larger problem.

Yes. Server too busy

maxandgeorgia 03-02-2005 06:52 PM

I wonder how much these problems are cutting into participation on the forum the past couple of weeks? I know at times I am choosing not to pull up this forum because of the tedious time involved in manipulating the various features or at times i am quitting-closing down-because of the frustration of trying to use it. Chat night was a relief last night: getting in touch in Forum members and talk without the bother of the "too busy" and other issues that had been coming up. I enjoy this group so much and we've learned so much about our AS hobby through it. I have no understanding of the administrative issues involved; I trust work is happening to improve the problems. I guess we would all appreciate a memo now and then explaining progress and letting the users in on the "loop". If there were a way we could help, we would. This is not a complaint--just a strong friendly hope -- hope that solutions to the user problems are found.

Silvertwinkie 03-02-2005 06:57 PM

The worst I had a few weeks ago was that I couldn't add smilies by clicking to the right. I did an upgrade to my machine a few days ago and the this site just totally went south. Not that I'm glad we are all having these problems, but I am glad it isn't just me and what I might have done on my end.

norbert 03-02-2005 07:00 PM

mongo like smillies....mongo sad...

Stefrobrts 03-02-2005 07:07 PM

I've had three posts rejected because after I clicked the post message button, it came back with server busy. Then there's the server busy messages that keep me from reading the board at all. And threads are taking a long time to load. Things have definitly gone downhill.

53flyingcloud 03-02-2005 07:13 PM

I agree with all of the above..
Most common problem is, sever is too busy...come on now..
Other problems are lil ones for me like checking PMs, etc. which involve my having to "spoof" the system in order to do this.
53FC

Over59 03-02-2005 07:53 PM

Well if it's doing it to you guy I guess I cann't take it personal. Here I thought my user name was on the disruptive person list and I was getting the boot. Just goes to show the system isn't out to get you, it just doesn't work so good.

silver 67 03-02-2005 07:54 PM

Another vote here

I even had to wait to even reply here. The other problem I've had is clicking "private message" and getting Error Code 404, click here to continue. I click there and it takes me right back to home. Have to get private messages through quick links.

I'm glad its not all my fault.

Silvertwinkie 03-02-2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbert
mongo like smillies....mongo sad...

Norby you're a piece of work! :D :) ;) (manually added smiles).

53flyingcloud 03-02-2005 08:17 PM

If you

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver 67
I even had to wait to even reply here. The other problem I've had is clicking "private message" and getting Error Code 404, click here to continue. I click there and it takes me right back to home. Have to get private messages through quick links.
I'm glad its not all my fault.

If you click on "forums" you can get your PM without the "404 error" as well..
This problem has been around for several weeks now...
53FC ;)