Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Airstream Lifestyle (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483/)
-   -   Flying Cloud Interior versus... (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483/flying-cloud-interior-versus-154838.html)

LilBigfoot 08-05-2016 01:21 PM

Flying Cloud Interior versus...

Was thinking about the various Airstream Interior choices. Serenity, International, etc. And was wondering why those of you who choose the Flying Cloud picked it.....other than cost?

Hullap 08-05-2016 01:35 PM

The International Signature was never a consideration for us as the cabinetry was just too dark in our opinion. We think that the Flying Cloud will be more robust than the International Serenity over time. Even at the same price, we would still have chosen the Flying Cloud.

sheriff1 08-05-2016 01:51 PM

Flying cloud, light color of cabinets and didn't like see through sliding doors.

2015 F350 CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel
2010 27FB Silver Cloud "The Silver Spoon"

Caffeinated 08-05-2016 06:37 PM

Pretty much what they said. Liked the lighter bamboo veneer much more than the darker colors, and I liked the marine ply.

SteveSueMac 08-05-2016 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We have a 2012 27FB Flying Cloud. We went in to a bunch at the dealer and this was just the one that resonated most. Light wood veneer colors, vista windows - just seemed light and airy to us and the configuration somehow worked best for us of all the ones we walked through. We didn't know anything and feel very lucky we went with the front bed because the rear dinette (when we're NOT sleeping) provides some pretty stellar views!

Attachment 268403

aftermath 08-05-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheriff1 (Post 1831308)
Flying cloud, light color of cabinets and didn't like see through sliding doors.

2015 F350 CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel
2010 27FB Silver Cloud "The Silver Spoon"

This is it for us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSueMac (Post 1831447)
We have a 2012 27FB Flying Cloud. We went in to a bunch at the dealer and this was just the one that resonated most. Light wood veneer colors, vista windows - just seemed light and airy to us and the configuration somehow worked best for us of all the ones we walked through. We didn't know anything and feel very lucky we went with the front bed because the rear dinette (when we're NOT sleeping) provides some pretty stellar views!

Attachment 268403

FB vs. RB was not the question. I do like the "light wood veneer colors" as well but you can get the vista windows in the International as well.

Plasma800 08-05-2016 08:10 PM

I love my signature. Love the cabinets, love the semi-opaque doors. But you do need to think about what's on the other side. We use different colored items to make them decorative when the lights are turned on.

Once I saw how Monica Bennet did it, using small colored pillows just on the other side of the frosted glass, I was hooked!

SteveSueMac 08-05-2016 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aftermath (Post 1831449)
This is it for us!

FB vs. RB was not the question. I do like the "light wood veneer colors" as well but you can get the vista windows in the International as well.

Apologies - meant to explain how visiting several versions on the lot helped us make the decision and frankly, we got lucky as this was our first and we just didn't know what we didn't know...there's no right/wrong with configurations....

We're in to the light cabinets and exposed aluminum interior walls...

Happy camping!

Plasma800 08-05-2016 08:17 PM

I'll link you to one of her images and you can see the bedroom in the background.

http://just5moreminutes.com/blog/wp-...1/cabinet2.jpg

gandttimes 08-05-2016 11:16 PM

Had a flying cloud. Didn't like the flip up cupboards. Bumped our heads too many times.
Liked the sliding cabinets with interior lights and the contrasting dark cabinets and light leather and corion countertops of the CCD. 3 years later and we still love it.

Blackdog06 08-06-2016 05:03 AM

Everyone is so different...and that's good! I prefer the mid-toned colors of the FC and love the flip up cabinets, probably because I know the sliders would never get closed. Kinda like the doors of the old TV entertainment center were always open no matter how much I groused!

lsbrodsky 08-06-2016 05:42 AM

I guess Airstream did it right in this case: providing choices. I was going to buy a new FC because I could not see paying extra for a different interior, already a premium price. But when we looked at a lightly used Serenity my wife fell in love with the quasi-Oriental design interior. We like the light color finish on the cabinets, aluminum walls, fake bamboo. We prefer the sliders to lift up cabinets on euro hinges. Strangely, the most attractive feature is the fake rice paper window in the bathroom door.

Larry

GettinAway 08-06-2016 06:05 AM

We liked the FC better, because the other models were all pretty modern to us as far as style goes. I like the other features of the more expensive models, like the windows in the curve of the ceiling, but the colors of the cabinets just didn't feel right to us. We've added colors we like in pillows, carpet runners, pictures etc.

FCStreamer 08-06-2016 08:02 AM

I had my eye on a Classic. But after sitting in several I didn't come to like the look. Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful. But not me. The International was too dark for my taste. We were looking for a recliner model and a FC30 came around which we were not looking at but decided to. And we were sold with the lighter, more modern looking interiors.

Glad there are different choices to folks to pick from. It's not always about price.