Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Hi from Ontario, Canada (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/hi-from-ontario-canada-154351.html)

carol1farr 07-27-2016 04:34 AM

Hi from Ontario, Canada

We have purchased our new to us 2011 30' Limited Classic "The Cabin". I cannot believe how much I enjoy camping in this AS. I vowed I would never camp again after our last rainy weekend in a tent. We have had a number of motor homes of different sizes and would go to Arizona for the winter, where we bought a park model in a 55'+ community. That lasted about 3 years as we decided we wanted to travel more. We have never pulled a travel trailer before and we are amazed at the convience over the motor home. (Less rattling noises) There is a lot to learn and need to get better with our turns. Hopefully that will come with practice. TV is a 2012 VW Tourag Turbo diesel. Pulls 30' fine.

So glad to have joined this forum. Interesting and informative members. Planning (wrong word as my husband likes not to plan) a huge trip to California, leaving Augs. 4th, wish us luck!

ROBERT CROSS 07-27-2016 05:30 AM

Welcome Aboard....

Hi from WNY....

ENJOY your new adventure. :wally:

Sweet Streams.

Bob
:flowers:

KSA63 07-27-2016 05:36 AM

Hi from Ramara, ON. I'm kinda the no planning type too, sounds like a great adventure. Enjoy your trip.
:D

Penny Loafer 07-27-2016 01:57 PM

Hello from just down the 401!

Congratulations on your Airstream! :D We just purchased this year also and I had never towed anything quite this large before. I'm happy to report though that after a few practice sessions and one medium journey by myself, I'm already feeling pretty comfortable. Still working on perfecting the backing up, but these trailers really are easy to drive when set up properly.

Enjoy your adventures and update us on your progress!

Jennifer

Naper 07-27-2016 02:37 PM

Hello From Loretto Ontario
We are in our 6th year of Airstreaming. Love it!!
Enjoy your trip

Adventure.AS 07-27-2016 02:41 PM

Hello from Mimico area of Toronto.

Wingeezer 07-27-2016 04:01 PM

Welcome Carol, from another Burlington resident!

Brian.

Hamish 07-27-2016 04:17 PM

Hello from Ottawa, another Touareg here pulling an Eddie Bauer. Happy Trails:-)

Shawn & Kara
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Isuzusweet 07-27-2016 05:32 PM

Okay no trailer, but I know you'll dig my 310 turbo diesel.

Happy trails from Hillsburgh Ontario; keep the rubber side down.

Cheers
Tony

SteveSueMac 07-27-2016 06:16 PM

Welcome. We're in our 4th year with our AS and the smile still hasn't worn off! Happy camping!

stsammy 07-27-2016 06:28 PM

One more welcome from Toronto! We're coming on our one year anniversary & still loving it. We're currently on our first adventure that's longer than a long weekend & enjoying every minute 👩*❤️*👩

RonH 07-27-2016 06:30 PM

We have been RVing since 1968, Airstreaming since 1978 and joined the Ontario Unit in 1983. We have been full-timing for the past 10 years. It has been a hoot! I recommend the Ontario Unit as a bunch of pretty good folks. Our WBCCI membership is focused on the Unit although we have been to a number of Region and International rallies in the past.

Welcome aboard.

Road Ruler 07-27-2016 07:46 PM

Formerly from Burlington (King Rd).

Your T-reg should make for a great TV.:cool: Very envious.

DavidsonOverlander 07-28-2016 05:04 PM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new Airstream! We're just up Appleby Line in rural Milton.

Grant

catjer 07-28-2016 06:04 PM

We're from Barrie and Aug.13th we'll pick up our new GTour at an orientation in London. Pretty excited since we've only camped in a 2 person/1 dog tent or from our van or canoe in the past. Apprehensive about the electric system/s since no experience but looking forward to "glamping". Our first trip will be to the RV show in Hershey Penn. to check out "stuff" and then off to North Myrtle Beach for golf and dancing. Yes, retirement. If we survive the dog and no divorce there will be many more km. in our future.

Roadroamin 10-17-2016 06:24 PM

Hello from Haliburton Highlands, have a 27ft that we are travelling with. Spending 2 months at home before we set out again. Arizona, California for the winter then who knows...
Happy trails and see you on the road.

carol1farr 10-18-2016 04:13 AM

Thanks for all the greetings and well wishes. Our summer 6 week adventure was wonderful. Mackinaw Island, Sturgis bike rally(a husband must see);best scenery in south Utah - Moab - Bryce Canyon - Zion Nation Park, all must sees. Through Colorado Rockies, Badlands, Death Valley. Grades where between 6-14 degrees and the Tourag TDI handle perfectly as did my driver. We had new back brakes but around Death Valley the Tourag informed us to get new front brakes, did that and felt safer. Yellowstone NP's Old Faithful just gave us a burb. Next summer Yukon, Alaska and NWT, with side trip to Oregon and Washington. Met a few full timers and they loved it. Safe travels everyone.

Roadroamin 10-18-2016 07:19 PM

So great to hear of your travels. We are in the midst of "planning" our trip to the south this winter. Hoping to hike the Grand Canyon, bike Moab and what ever else comes our way.

DavidsonOverlander 10-18-2016 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadroamin (Post 1866134)
So great to hear of your travels. We are in the midst of "planning" our trip to the south this winter. Hoping to hike the Grand Canyon, bike Moab and what ever else comes our way.

Consider a visit to Canyon de Chelly as well. It was a highlight of our trip to the southwest a few years ago. We hired a guide and drove into the canyon. Four wheel drive is required or you'll need to hire a guide with a vehicle. You can't enter the canyon on your own. Our guide, who was Navaho, was a wealth of information. We spent about 5 hours in the canyon. It was amazing! The best money we spent on the whole trip!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Pq...=w1016-h680-no
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/hv...=w1016-h680-no

carol1farr 10-19-2016 06:27 AM

Anyone interested in meeting for lunch

For Burlington, surrounding area and anyone else:

Let us meet for lunch in Nov. I am thinking around mid Nov. Let me know. We would sure like to meet fellow ASERS. Carol and Dan