Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Stella's Kitchen (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f484/)
-   -   Dinner at Janes Island Crisfield MD (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f484/dinner-at-janes-island-crisfield-md-153948.html)

urnmor 07-18-2016 06:03 PM

Dinner at Janes Island Crisfield MD

3 Attachment(s)
We went camping at Janes Island in Crisfield Md and as some of you know I enjoy cooking when camping. I also believe one should eat as well camping as one does at home so I made crab cake. They were made with fresh crab meat straight from the docks in Crisfield Md along with roasted corn.

Oops no picture as I dropped the crab cakes stepping outside AS to cook them. However the beautiful sunset helped heal the hunger pains

Lily&Me 07-18-2016 06:09 PM

Beautiful. :)

Maggie

rmkrum 07-18-2016 10:52 PM

Bummer. But I agree the pics are beautiful.

We always try to eat really nice meals on the road.

I remember pulling into a gas station, and asking the attendant where he would buy fresh seafood in Everett, WA. He directed us to a well-hidden place with the freshest seafood ever. When I returned to fill up the truck, he got a helluva tip....

Stunningly fresh oysters, salmon, and crabs fresh off the boat, packed only in ice, never refrigerated. Owner would not sell what we actually wanted because "it's not fresh enough..."

Grilled them straight over the coals after a quick wash. Oysters have a built-in timer. When they pop open, they are done. No sauce other than the juice in the bottom (larger) shell. Simply fantastic with a bit of fresh French bread.....

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums

urnmor 07-19-2016 06:15 AM

Food on the Road

I also enjoy buying and cooking local foods when traveling. Especially since the cuisine is so different in other parts of the Country.

Tn Traveler 07-19-2016 07:27 AM

What a disaster. To be at the source of the freshest blue crab meat in the U.S., and drop those luscious crab cakes. I absolutely love the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake. No other place quite like it. In the fall the sights and sounds of the geese flying over is magical.

I have a 3208 Cat engine I am considering sending over to T & S in Crisfield for a rebuild. Maybe a good excuse for camping over there.

mkr1950 07-19-2016 10:57 AM

We're from Baltimore and love crab cakes! Sorry for your loss. �� But you sure took some gorgeous photos!

Mike and Adam

KWN306 07-19-2016 12:29 PM

The eastern shore of Maryland and Virginia are God's best-kept secret.

The seafood, wildlife, sunrises, and sunsets are breathtaking.

3 yrs and 2 months before I retire full time in Exmore, VA

urnmor 07-19-2016 01:07 PM

Exmore has that great old diner. Use to stop there when travelling to Florida for breakfast.

urnmor 07-19-2016 01:11 PM

I guess I should also add that I bought fresh live prime soft shell crabs and brought them home. They make the best softshell sandwiches when sauted. I definitley will be returning if for no other reason then the fresh fish.

Blackdog06 07-19-2016 05:29 PM

Sorry about the crabcakes.

How were the mosquitoes/bugs? We've heard great things about Janes but have been putting it off until Fall assuming the insects would be bad...

urnmor 07-19-2016 06:33 PM

I did not think the bugs were all that bad. In fact I think the mosquitos etc are worse on Assateaque. I sat outside until around 9PM however I always wear long pants and did use bug spray.