Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   2009-2015 Flying Cloud (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f516/)
-   -   Bed Throws for FC 23D (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f516/bed-throws-for-fc-23d-153852.html)

cactusjk 07-17-2016 09:05 AM

Bed Throws for FC 23D

We are looking for bed throw options for our 2015 FC 23D.

Not trying to get a custom fit bedspread but something that would look nice on top.

RamblinManGa 07-17-2016 09:54 AM

Hi from AZ. . . have you considered a Pendleton blanket for a cover, several National Park patterns & others. Matching accessories too :cool: Looks great in our Pendleton.......regards, Craig

AWCHIEF 07-17-2016 10:17 AM

Amazon has thousands of choices. Search them and find whatever appeals to your personal taste.

jcanavera 07-17-2016 10:50 AM

The original throw in our Classic while looking nice and coordinated with the trailer's decor, is a polyester nightmare. We pulled it off and put it in a space bag that will store it safely till its time to sell the trailer some day in the future.

Lot of throws out there and really it's your taste and expected function that will dictate what to buy. Patty bought a thin quilted pattern from Bed Bath & Beyond. Fits well with the decor and is truly useful and washable if necessary.

Jack

Lily&Me 07-17-2016 11:47 AM

We have been happiest with an all season down comforter, with washable duvet cover.

Suitable for all seasons. :)

Maggie

Vermontmary 07-17-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily&Me (Post 1822121)
We have been happiest with an all season down comforter, with washable duvet cover.

Suitable for all seasons. :)

Maggie

Same for us!! Down works even in warm weather... In hot hot boondocking temps, just a sheet!
I did get a light quilted spread from BB&B that looks good, and can act as a throw/blanket when needed.

PKI 07-17-2016 12:38 PM

Well, it does help to have a quilter in the family. You get a little art, a little family history, your preference in color and a functional topper. And what quilter only has one. But if you don't have a quilter in the family, you are doomed to troll the many quilt shows/shops across the country. Not such a bad thing to add to your travel plan.

But another thought of note. A coach can get considerable abuse. Even with all the care and feeding possible, accidents do make an appearance to all.

An off the shelf solution, that might possibly be replaceable, does have an advantage. The Pendleton solution would fit that definition. There are also other similar solutions that you might find on a shopping spree at strategic locations along your travels. What a neat prize from Jackson, Banff, Albuquerque, West Glacier, Cortez, Route 66, Hamilton ...... or ????

Or you could trot on down to Pleasanton.

Enjoy the hunt. Pat

nwdionne 07-17-2016 01:27 PM

I am using a twin duvet cover. It works well. Tucks in nicely.
I was just saying Airstream could save a lot of money if they stopped using those thick bed sores thibgs!!

joanlucci 07-17-2016 01:45 PM

100% cotton quilts ~ on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond

I love these quilts by Anthology at Bed Bath & Beyon ~ reversible, colorful, modern, 100% cotton! Side shown with white background ~ reverse is coral background. The small coordinating pillows are gorgeous too! Twin is just 79.99.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...?Keyword=qults

Lily&Me 07-17-2016 01:50 PM

After trying several bed things, on a very unconventional bed, when we went to the all season down comforter and duvet cover, we did away with sheets. :bb:

No place to tuck them in an Interstate, and the duvet covers remove to wash, so we used that and a quilted mattress pad.

Wash the duvet cover and mattress pad every week, just like you would your sheets....no problem. :)

Maggie

Kristin1958 07-17-2016 06:03 PM

IKEA bedding

I switched to a 3/4 full when I got my 2016 19' FC Bambi...still missing my Amazon memory foam mattress, but may eventually buy one and cut to shape.

Anyways, I'm very happy with my Scandinavian bedding - the only kind I've ever used as an adult. Bottom sheet (in this case quickly sewn with my $69 IKEA sewing machine to fit the 3/4 full, and it's lovely plain cotton), and real linen duvet cover over super light down duvet. Matching linen pillowcases. Now that's luxury! I tuck in the drooping corner, which happens because the mattress is cut in in a sweeping curve at the foot of the bed. All from IKEA.

In the winter, I'll switch up to a heated mattress pad (amazing for joint pain), and cotton flannel bottom sheet (sewn to fit width) and matching duvet cover. Monogrammed pillow cases. All of the linens are white.

cactusjk 07-18-2016 06:21 AM

These look good. Also considering down.
Quote:

Originally Posted by joanlucci (Post 1822179)
I love these quilts by Anthology at Bed Bath & Beyon ~ reversible, colorful, modern, 100% cotton! Side shown with white background ~ reverse is coral background. The small coordinating pillows are gorgeous too! Twin is just 79.99.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...?Keyword=qults