Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Checking your browser message (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138/checking-your-browser-message-152406.html)

richw46 06-17-2016 07:34 AM

Checking your browser message

Suddenly I'm getting this "checking your browser" popup. It takes me to the forum, eventually, but when I try to reply to a topic it does it again, then the screen goes white, not allowing my post to go through. It just sits there. What's up with that? :sad:

OK, this one took, but I have to return to the submit screen, paste in my reply again, and resubmit, then it takes it.

nvestysly 06-17-2016 07:37 AM

I'm experiencing a very similar situation. When I first access Air Forums I see the message. On mine (IE 11) it's not a pop-up but the main screen of IE. I'm posting this message and wonder what will happen when I click on submit.

on edit - no problem experienced when posting the message above. I noticed IE indicated Air Forums was checking the browser but that seemed to happen in the background.

I ran Malwarebytes yesterday and removed anything it indicated might pose a problem. Could that be related?

Lily&Me 06-17-2016 07:39 AM

It's because AirForums has been under a cyber-attack for the past week or so, and the software to defend against and resolve this is working.

Maggie

Denis4x4 06-17-2016 07:59 AM

Tried to post and get a blank screen with Firefox. It seems that I can post to an existing thread, but I can't start a new thread.

richw46 06-17-2016 08:06 AM

I've turned off the ad blocker. If this posts without any issue then maybe I need to keep it off for a while :D

Well, that helped. OK, Ad Block Plus will be off for a while until the storm is over.

UKDUDE 06-17-2016 10:06 AM

I frequently use the forum from an app on my iPad and with that I receive a "Tapatalk error". Just started today.

Phoenix 06-17-2016 10:17 AM

I am having the same trouble with Google Chrome.

Also, when the long pause occurs on the home page, "Waiting for a.oogala.com" appears in the lower left corner of the screen. (Oogala.com is a site that feeds pop-up ads to browsers.)

This delay may be aggravated by the huge number of ads being sent that keep flipping by on the side of that Web page, which are becoming increasingly annoying.

martin300662 06-17-2016 10:47 AM

Seems the CloudFlare denial of service (DoS) protection thinks the site is under act and double, triple, quadruple checking the browser before allowing connection....

Wingeezer 06-17-2016 10:51 AM

Same thing here - a bit of a pain, but I suppose it serves a purpose. Wonder if this will now be a permanent thing or just temporary?

Brian.

Janet H 06-17-2016 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few days ago someone posted a question about a craigslist sale asking if anyone knew about the rig in question or the consignment company that had is listed.

One of the most egregious scams out there is to set up fake pages on hacked sites that have good reviews and company info, making the company look legitimate to anyone who may not be cautious and this appears to be one. Here is a link to that closed thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f348...es-152241.html

When you research these companies be sure that the URL in the browser address line corresponds to the info you see on the printed page. Here is an example of a hacked site:

Attachment 264649

Once the publicity gets to hot, the hacked pages are removed. Then a few months later it seems to start up again under a different name.

When there is sufficient bad publicity, sites that host that info are attacked. Last January this happened and several large RV forums were target - several were offline for more than a day. This sanitizes the internet for search returns for the company name. We believe this is the case this time as well.

We are caught between a rock and a hard place here. We want to keep the board open so that folks can ask questions about a sale. This is one of the most useful things we do here at AIR but we also need to keep the board ONLINE to do that. The browser check is in place to help stop bot attacks on the site that are set in place to crash the server. (DDoS attack)

If you are browsing on mobile you may not be able to access the site. if you are browsing from a proxy, you may have the same experience. We apologize for the hassle but the choices are to: remove the content in question or slow site browsing with the browser check.

xrvr 06-17-2016 11:57 AM

Keep at it, thanks for the effort.

Wayne&Sam 06-17-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damonbeals (Post 1807706)
So what did this site do to make someone mad enough to DDos them? DDosing cost money so someone is really mad.

And yes I do know what I'm talking about. :)

Damon

I'll bet it's those Hensley Hitch fans- or maybe the Pro-Prides.

richw46 06-17-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam (Post 1807727)
I'll bet it's those Hensley Hitch fans- or maybe the Pro-Prides.

Neither, the site is running on over inflated GYMs that are older than 2 years. :D

By the way, Ad Block Plus is not the culprit either. I'm getting the white screen, even with the blocker turned off.

Janet H 06-17-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richw46 (Post 1807735)
Neither, the site is running on over inflated GYMs that are older than 2 years. :D

By the way, Ad Block Plus is not the culprit either. I'm getting the white screen, even with the blocker turned off.

Please see post 10. This is a result of the Cloudflare Browser check services. You may need to refresh or reload the page.