Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/)
-   -   Mid-winter IBT: Candidate for 3rd Vice President (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/mid-winter-ibt-candidate-for-3rd-vice-president-145521.html)

monah 01-12-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munimula (Post 1735439)
Mona, your enormous commitment will ensure the WBCCI will continue to move in the right direction. Way to go!

Thank you, that's humbling and energizing at the same time.
M

sandlapper 01-12-2016 08:29 PM

We're behind you all the way.

Castaway 01-13-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monah (Post 1734705)
On the agenda for the Mid-winter IBT are interviews with the Nominating Committee for international office with my interview scheduled for January 13th. I care about the longest rolling, single-branded RV club in the world and want to see it continue to be relevant to current and future generations of Airstream owners.

I've meet some of my dearest friends on Air Forums and look forward to meeting more of you on my Airstream travels.

Mona Heath, #3339

https://www.facebook.com/RunMonaRun/

How did the interview go? I don't understand why there is a nominating committee or why an interview is required, are any candidates not put on the ballot do to the wrong answers in the interview? Why not just print the candidate's resume in the February edition of the Blue Beret and let the members decide who is best qualified

Gary

Arcticfox 01-13-2016 04:04 PM

Great question Gary. I'm a supporter on Mona in her bid, but I was wondering the same.

monah 01-14-2016 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1735620)
We're behind you all the way.

Thank you so much sandlapper / John. Look forward to representing the club as 3rd VP!:wally:

monah 01-14-2016 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcticfox (Post 1735920)
Great question Gary. I'm a supporter on Mona in her bid, but I was wondering the same.

Gary & Doug - the interview went very well, thank you for asking!!! While the requirements for International Office are fairly straightforward (be a member and own an Airstream) and the bylaws state that all qualified candidates must be moved forward for the membership to vote their choice.....it was a fantastic opportunity ask the Past International President (PIP) questions about successes, challenges and things he wished would have been completed was super insightful.

The Nom Com Chair (PIP) will submit his report at todays meetings

M

monah 01-14-2016 02:33 PM

It's official - I'm a candidate for the office of International 3rd VP!!!!
M

Castaway 01-14-2016 04:08 PM

Congratulations Monah , you will be another breath of fresh air that the club needs to survive not to mention the first women president.

SteveSueMac 01-14-2016 04:16 PM

Congrats!! You should win!

monah 01-14-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castaway (Post 1736377)
Congratulations Monah , you will be another breath of fresh air that the club needs to survive not to mention the first women president.

Thank you Castaway - the work starts today!!! Really need everyone in the Club to vote at the Unit business meeting or to answer surveys, whichever process is used. No need for you to be at the International Rally, just need a delegate to represent your vote.

I intend to be the best candidate - hands down!!!

Soooo appreciate your support -
M

monah 01-14-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSueMac (Post 1736382)
Congrats!! You should win!

Thx! That's my plan :)
M

DanB 01-14-2016 08:44 PM

Hi Monah, I didn't get a chance to listen today. Are their other candidates? I'll be attending my first international this year. I look forward to the process.

Congratulations!

xrvr 01-15-2016 05:30 AM

Dont individual members vote through their units? Then the unit representative votes at the rally? Good luck!

66Overlander 01-15-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB (Post 1736467)
Hi Monah, I didn't get a chance to listen today. Are their other candidates? I'll be attending my first international this year. I look forward to the process.

Congratulations!

I am currently listening to the posted recording of yesterdays IBT meeting and the announced candidates for International 3rd VP were stated as follows: Pat McFadden and Mona Heath.

Most years there has only one endorsed candidate for 3rd VP, but contested races among two endorsed candidates have occasionally occurred in the past. I have heard good things about both candidates, so it will be an interesting year.