Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/)
-   -   Mid-winter IBT: Candidate for 3rd Vice President (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/mid-winter-ibt-candidate-for-3rd-vice-president-145521.html)

monah 01-11-2016 07:14 AM

Mid-winter IBT: Candidate for 3rd Vice President

On the agenda for the Mid-winter IBT are interviews with the Nominating Committee for international office with my interview scheduled for January 13th. I care about the longest rolling, single-branded RV club in the world and want to see it continue to be relevant to current and future generations of Airstream owners.

I've meet some of my dearest friends on Air Forums and look forward to meeting more of you on my Airstream travels.

Mona Heath, #3339

https://www.facebook.com/RunMonaRun/

Castaway 01-11-2016 07:20 AM

You would get my vote

Gary

monah 01-11-2016 07:51 AM

Thanks! spread the word :)
M

Arcticfox 01-11-2016 11:45 AM

Hi Mona:
I would certainly support your effort to break into the upper ranks of WBCCI and I wish you luck. Now why anyone would want that job is another question (just kidding)...:)

I also "liked" your Run Mona Run Page.... So good Luck!

Cheers
Doug

DanB 01-11-2016 11:47 AM

What's your stance on gun control and Muslims?

Just kidding! You had me at "Facebook resume". Good luck, I wish you success!

Arcticfox 01-11-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB (Post 1734877)
What's your stance on gun control and Muslims?

Just kidding! You had me at "Facebook resume". Good luck, I wish you success!

Your bad Dan - just bad.....lol

monah 01-11-2016 06:54 PM

Thanks Arctic Fox - truly appreciate your support. Please be sure to make your voice heard at the Unit business meeting so the delegate can vote accordingly. PS: glad you liked the FB page, check back often - more content to follow.
M

Dan - thanks for the giggle.....and no, I don't have a combover :)
M

SteveSueMac 01-11-2016 07:43 PM

Dang! I'm not a fan of the political structure of the WBCCI - but you absolutely would make a difference! Can regular shlubs like me just vote outright? 😃

Good luck!!

monah 01-12-2016 12:23 PM

Thanks for the encouragement SteveSueMac!!! You can most definitely vote if you're a member of a Unit and, if you're not, keep following.....perhaps I can convince you to change your mind

Take care - Mona

munimula 01-12-2016 01:03 PM

Run Mona Run!

Mona, your enormous commitment will ensure the WBCCI will continue to move in the right direction. Way to go!

SteveSueMac 01-12-2016 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monah (Post 1735430)
Thanks for the encouragement SteveSueMac!!! You can most definitely vote if you're a member of a Unit and, if you're not, keep following.....perhaps I can convince you to change your mind

Take care - Mona

I'm a member of the NEU but I'm not attending Int'l. I vote within NEU? You got it!

tbaugh 01-12-2016 04:22 PM

You go girl. You got my vote. You are my hero!

monah 01-12-2016 07:42 PM

Thank you tons!!!! This thread has been so energizing. Wishing you happy & safe travels in 2016
M
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSueMac (Post 1735475)
I'm a member of the NEU but I'm not attending Int'l. I vote within NEU? You got it!

monah 01-12-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbaugh (Post 1735523)
You go girl. You got my vote. You are my hero!

....and you are my inspiration! Thank you!!!!!!
M

monah 01-12-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munimula (Post 1735439)
Mona, your enormous commitment will ensure the WBCCI will continue to move in the right direction. Way to go!

Thank you, that's humbling and energizing at the same time.
M

sandlapper 01-12-2016 08:29 PM

We're behind you all the way.

Castaway 01-13-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monah (Post 1734705)
On the agenda for the Mid-winter IBT are interviews with the Nominating Committee for international office with my interview scheduled for January 13th. I care about the longest rolling, single-branded RV club in the world and want to see it continue to be relevant to current and future generations of Airstream owners.

I've meet some of my dearest friends on Air Forums and look forward to meeting more of you on my Airstream travels.

Mona Heath, #3339

https://www.facebook.com/RunMonaRun/

How did the interview go? I don't understand why there is a nominating committee or why an interview is required, are any candidates not put on the ballot do to the wrong answers in the interview? Why not just print the candidate's resume in the February edition of the Blue Beret and let the members decide who is best qualified

Gary

Arcticfox 01-13-2016 04:04 PM

Great question Gary. I'm a supporter on Mona in her bid, but I was wondering the same.

monah 01-14-2016 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1735620)
We're behind you all the way.

Thank you so much sandlapper / John. Look forward to representing the club as 3rd VP!:wally:

monah 01-14-2016 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcticfox (Post 1735920)
Great question Gary. I'm a supporter on Mona in her bid, but I was wondering the same.

Gary & Doug - the interview went very well, thank you for asking!!! While the requirements for International Office are fairly straightforward (be a member and own an Airstream) and the bylaws state that all qualified candidates must be moved forward for the membership to vote their choice.....it was a fantastic opportunity ask the Past International President (PIP) questions about successes, challenges and things he wished would have been completed was super insightful.

The Nom Com Chair (PIP) will submit his report at todays meetings

M

monah 01-14-2016 02:33 PM

It's official - I'm a candidate for the office of International 3rd VP!!!!
M

Castaway 01-14-2016 04:08 PM

Congratulations Monah , you will be another breath of fresh air that the club needs to survive not to mention the first women president.

SteveSueMac 01-14-2016 04:16 PM

Congrats!! You should win!

monah 01-14-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castaway (Post 1736377)
Congratulations Monah , you will be another breath of fresh air that the club needs to survive not to mention the first women president.

Thank you Castaway - the work starts today!!! Really need everyone in the Club to vote at the Unit business meeting or to answer surveys, whichever process is used. No need for you to be at the International Rally, just need a delegate to represent your vote.

I intend to be the best candidate - hands down!!!

Soooo appreciate your support -
M

monah 01-14-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSueMac (Post 1736382)
Congrats!! You should win!

Thx! That's my plan :)
M

DanB 01-14-2016 08:44 PM

Hi Monah, I didn't get a chance to listen today. Are their other candidates? I'll be attending my first international this year. I look forward to the process.

Congratulations!

xrvr 01-15-2016 05:30 AM

Dont individual members vote through their units? Then the unit representative votes at the rally? Good luck!

66Overlander 01-15-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB (Post 1736467)
Hi Monah, I didn't get a chance to listen today. Are their other candidates? I'll be attending my first international this year. I look forward to the process.

Congratulations!

I am currently listening to the posted recording of yesterdays IBT meeting and the announced candidates for International 3rd VP were stated as follows: Pat McFadden and Mona Heath.

Most years there has only one endorsed candidate for 3rd VP, but contested races among two endorsed candidates have occasionally occurred in the past. I have heard good things about both candidates, so it will be an interesting year.

66Overlander 01-15-2016 11:40 AM

Hi Mona,
Congratulations! I do have a question, though. Since you are currently the Region 10 1st VP, will you be allowed to simultaneously serve as Region 10 President and an International VP, or would you have to step down from the Region 10 Presidency track if elected as International 3rd VP?

Protagonist 01-15-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66Overlander (Post 1736621)
Hi Mona,
Congratulations! I do have a question, though. Since you are currently the Region 10 1st VP, will you be allowed to simultaneously serve as Region 10 President and an International VP, or would you have to step down from the Region 10 Presidency track if elected as International 3rd VP?

That was actually the subject of one of Motion 6, to allow International officers to also hold Region or Unit offices. Because it requires a change to the WBCCI Constitution, now that the IBT has approved the motion, it still has to be voted on by the Delegates at the International Rally in Lewisburg.

If the Delegates pass the motion— and if they elect Mona of course— then Mona could hold dual offices. Whether she would want to is another matter entirely.

On the other hand, even if Mona is permitted to remain as a Region 1st Veep while serving as International 3rd Veep, she couldn't move up to Region Prez, because that would require her to hold two concurrent positions in the IBT, and that still isn't permitted even if the motion is passed.

monah 01-16-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avionstream (Post 1736509)
Dont individual members vote through their units? Then the unit representative votes at the rally? Good luck!

You're correct - members at the Unit level need to make their choice/vote known at either a business meeting around Q1 this year or by ballot. The key is to make sure that your Unit has a representative going to the International Rally, that can either be a regular member or, depending on the Unit, an affiliate.

Thanks for the good wishes fellow shiny trailer!
M

monah 01-16-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protagonist (Post 1736634)
That was actually the subject of one of Motion 6, to allow International officers to also hold Region or Unit offices. Because it requires a change to the WBCCI Constitution, now that the IBT has approved the motion, it still has to be voted on by the Delegates at the International Rally in Lewisburg.

If the Delegates pass the motion— and if they elect Mona of course— then Mona could hold dual offices. Whether she would want to is another matter entirely.

On the other hand, even if Mona is permitted to remain as a Region 1st Veep while serving as International 3rd Veep, she couldn't move up to Region Prez, because that would require her to hold two concurrent positions in the IBT, and that still isn't permitted even if the motion is passed.

Hey @Protagonist - great to see you in Rayne. I'm almost home - long drive with my puppy giving me the stink-eye :blink:

Should I win the election, I would step aside from my role as 1st VP and move into a position on the International Board of Trustees & the Executive Committee.

C u in Lewisburg?
M

monah 01-16-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66Overlander (Post 1736621)
Hi Mona,

Hi Joe and thanks for the congrats!!! It's a great question, and not uncommon for Region Officers to accelerate positions based on many factors (= life). As an example, our current Past International President shifted from a Region 10 role to International 3rd VP in the not so distant past.

I'm in my first of two years as a Region 1st so should I win the election, it would give the individual stepping into that role a year to prepare for the role of President. There are so many members in Region 10 knowledgeable about the WBCCI and I would hope this opening provides them the opportunity to volunteer.

Hope all is well -
Mona

monah 01-16-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66Overlander (Post 1736573)
I am currently listening to the posted recording of yesterdays IBT meeting and the announced candidates for International 3rd VP were stated as follows: Pat McFadden and Mona Heath.

Most years there has only one endorsed candidate for 3rd VP, but contested races among two endorsed candidates have occasionally occurred in the past. I have heard good things about both candidates, so it will be an interesting year.

It's fantastic to let the membership select the candidate they feel would best lead the longest-rolling, single-branded RV club in the world into the next 60+ years. Having two candidates certainly will provide that opportunity and ensure an interesting several of months leading up to the International Rally :wally:

More to follow as momentum builds - if you're on Facebook please be sure to follow my Run Mona Run page for updates!

M

Protagonist 01-16-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monah (Post 1737175)
C u in Lewisburg?

I'll be there.

monah 01-16-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protagonist (Post 1737188)
I'll be there.

That's great!

Safe travels
M

gaylejoe 01-17-2016 08:25 PM

You have my vote. You will make a great International Officer.

Aviator 01-18-2016 06:22 AM

I had the pleasure of meeting Mona in Farmington, and she would make a fantastic International Officer.

There have been too many threads on this forum to count with the discussion topic of the WBCCI and how it needs to evolve to meet the needs of the next generation of Airstream owners.

IMHO Mona embodies the spirit necessary to move the club forward and meet those needs. She also respects the rich history of the club as the premier Airstream affinity group.

I encourage all who read this and are WB members to look at the candidates, and consider what is needed to build the club up and strengthen its appeal to Airstream owners. Speak up at your unit meetings and let your President know who you direct them to support during the election taking place at the International Rally.

For those who are on Facebook, you can find page for Mona's campaign at: https://www.facebook.com/RunMonaRun/?fref=ts

monah 01-18-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaylejoe (Post 1737654)
You have my vote. You will make a great International Officer.

Thank you!!! That's my goal :wally:

DanB 01-18-2016 09:50 AM

Monah, are you up to answering questions publicly here? If not, I understand!

monah 01-18-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB (Post 1737795)
Monah, are you up to answering questions publicly here? If not, I understand!

Absolutely!!!

Hittenstiehl 01-18-2016 12:48 PM

We met Monah/you at 2014 Modernism Week.

We were very impressed with your genuine warm inviting attitude. It was a well organized event that kept her/you quite busy but we struck up several conversations over the weekend.

Good luck with endeavor.

DanB 01-18-2016 01:31 PM

OK! Well lets start with an easy one (not!).

For the past few decades, the leadership of the WBCCI has spent significant effort to organize the International Rally. Although things are looking “up” this year for Lewisburg as I predicted, the benefactors of this huge effort is a relatively small percentage of our club.

I believe that if an equal effort was made to increasing membership value for everyone, the WBCCI would enjoy stronger growth.

I sure would like to see more benefits for working age people like me developed and published instead of the same old “come to international” in every issue of the Blue Beret.

What can you do to make answering the “It’s not worth it, I can do everything anyways without paying $60+….” response from younger perspective WBCCI members easier?

monah 01-18-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB (Post 1737860)
OK! Well lets start with an easy one (not!).

For the past few decades, the leadership of the WBCCI has spent significant effort to organize the International Rally. Although things are looking “up” this year for Lewisburg as I predicted, the benefactors of this huge effort is a relatively small percentage of our club.

I believe that if an equal effort was made to increasing membership value for everyone, the WBCCI would enjoy stronger growth.

I sure would like to see more benefits for working age people like me developed and published instead of the same old “come to international” in every issue of the Blue Beret.

What can you do to make answering the “It’s not worth it, I can do everything anyways without paying $60+….” response from younger perspective WBCCI members easier?

Great questions - let's do this!!!

There have been some pretty substantive improvements over the last few years beginning when Joe P. hired Lori Plummer as Corporate Manager. Jim S. has pulled together what looks to be the largest IR in several years and Richard G. has helped facilitate the creation and distribution of a digital directory by the Electronics Communication Committee.

Many of the motions passed at the mid-winter IBT included references to social media, analytics and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools which will enable us to better connect with the new Airstream owner, without losing existing communication tools for our members. I'm particularly pleased to see the addition of a dedicated Social Media position under the Membership Standing Committee.

We had some great discussions during the Region Officers meeting prior to the IBT meetings - one in particular which dealt with IR planning, execution and time commitment by the International President and the leadership team. With no disrespect to my predecessors, planning a rally will not be my greatest contribution to the club. Having been employed by large retail and wholesale companies in the Pacific Northwest, I've been able to work closely with event planning teams who, with clear direction and consistent touch-bases, exceeded the expectations for the event. As President, I would look to plan the IR similarly and very much look forward to sitting down and visiting with members during the rally - relying on the event planner to resolve opportunities.

When it comes to membership, you're talking to the person who has created a comprehensive membership growth strategy; conducted membership seminars at the last four International Rallies - the most recent of which was a membership Q&A with Justin H. from Airstream, and who designed and brought to life a new face of the Airstream Club International with a set of four compelling postcards.

On average, 1:10 of new Airstream owners joins the club - many of whom still work while 68% of our members are retired. Diversity of age, thought and lifestyle are the basis of any successful organization - I someday would like to join the ranks of the 68% but in the meantime we must find ways to welcome Airstream owners who work, who have children and who can participate in extended rallies and/or caravans - they're the ones who will take this club into the next 60+ years. With the knowledge and experience of our membership - I'm confident it can be done.

We joined the WBCCI not knowing what the value was - we have stayed in the Club because of the friendships made throughout the country, the same friendships that brought members of the Oregon Unit from across the state every weekend for a month to help polish our '69 Tradewind; that offer courtesy parking for three fellow Airstreamers at a beautiful home in Utah and that have changed my life immeasurably.

Keep the questions coming.

Mona

monah 01-18-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl (Post 1737848)
We met Monah/you at 2014 Modernism Week.

We were very impressed with your genuine warm inviting attitude. It was a well organized event that kept her/you quite busy but we struck up several conversations over the weekend.

Good luck with endeavor.

I remember meeting you! Love producing that event and think this years curated collection might just be the best.

Hope you can drop by - it may very well be my last if elected to International office!!!
M

Hittenstiehl 01-18-2016 06:26 PM

Monah comments only not needing a response.

There are maybe three current threads about WBCCI membership. Those threads and older ones give a good insight into forum members thoughts about the value and why or why not join WBCCI.

Additionally not all who post here do multiple sources of social media. There was a recent Christmas gathering were the attendees communicated on Instagram and another form I was not yet familiar with.

I think that all those tools are important and like information about WBCCI on all of them can keep multiple generations. That however takes a lot of time and sounds like a full time job.

Hittenstiehl 01-18-2016 06:29 PM

Monah,

Question:
Do you an opinion/position on the previously divisive matter of Thor motorcoaches joining WBCCI.

(Someone correct me if I used the wrong verbiage)

mbmbstreamer 01-18-2016 06:38 PM

Benefits for Working Members

My wife and I both work. We have found tremendous benefit from Unit Rallies, Unit Caravans, Region Rallies, and International Rallies. We have met folks from all over the US and Canada and really enjoy traveling with them, learning about their experiences, and seeing new places.

Could the club increase benefits for working members? Perhaps more short caravans, but most of those occur at the Unit level. Perhaps also more Special Event Rallies. I know there are folks working on that very subject.

Hope this helps.

As for Monah running for 3rd VP, she is well qualified and has had an active role in much of the positive change in the last few years.

:wally:

monah 01-18-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl (Post 1737991)
Monah,

Question:
Do you an opinion/position on the previously divisive matter of Thor motorcoaches joining WBCCI.

(Someone correct me if I used the wrong verbiage)

I believe in the longest-rolling, single-branded RV club in the world and am saddened by the personal impact.
M

Protagonist 01-18-2016 06:57 PM

I was a working stiff myself until last year, and of the few rallies I could attend, I usually had to arrive late and/or leave early. I missed all of the best parts that everyone else talked about later.

So this year as Unit President I made a point of scheduling rallies that run from Friday through Monday. And I'm making a point of arriving a day early and leaving a day late on top of that. Folks who can take off work on Friday but not Monday can arrive as early as Thursday afternoon and find someone else already there to hang with. Folks who can take off Monday but not Friday can arrive on Saturday and have a couple of days left to enjoy themselves, and still won't be the last ones to pack up and go home.

monah 01-18-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protagonist (Post 1738012)
I was a working stiff myself until last year, and of the few rallies I could attend, I usually had to arrive late and/or leave early. I missed all of the best parts that everyone else talked about later.

So this year as Unit President I made a point of scheduling rallies that run from Friday through Monday. And I'm making a point of arriving a day early and leaving a day late on top of that. Folks who can take off work on Friday but not Monday can arrive as early as Thursday afternoon and find someone else already there to hang with. Folks who can take off Monday but not Friday can arrive on Saturday and have a couple of days left to enjoy themselves, and still won't be the last ones to pack up and go home.

That's fantastic @Protagonist - I've been to many rallies where attendees arrive after happy hour/meals on Friday and are greeted by members with a plate of food and an offer to help them park. Flexibility is key.
M

monah 01-18-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protagonist (Post 1738012)

That's fantastic @Protagonist - I've been to many rallies where attendees arrive after happy hour/meals on Friday and are greeted by members with a plate of food and an offer to help them park. Flexibility is key.
M

monah 01-18-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSueMac (Post 1735150)
Dang! I'm not a fan of the political structure of the WBCCI - but you absolutely would make a difference! Can regular shlubs like me just vote outright? 😃

Good luck!!

Just noticed you have a hound dog? Black & tan?? We just lost our 15+ year old Treeing Walker last year :( Loved her.

DanB 01-18-2016 07:48 PM

Thanks Monah for the great answer. I sure wish we could get Pat on here for a debate. It would be so much more entertaining than Bernie and whats her name.

SteveSueMac 01-18-2016 09:03 PM

Mid-winter IBT: Candidate for 3rd Vice President

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by monah (Post 1738028)
Just noticed you have a hound dog? Black & tan?? We just lost our 15+ year old Treeing Walker last year :( Loved her.

Oh - so sorry you lost your hound. They are so amazing in the way they love unconditionally and sneak in to your heart forever.

Yes - we adopted Daisy and were told she's a bloodhound. We had one that was almost twice her size so I wonder if she's a mix with something but she's definitely bloodhound and all love 😃

This was her saying goodbye to everyone at an NEU rally last year.

Attachment 255952

DanB 01-19-2016 09:58 AM

OK, just to keep the fun rolling along on this freezing day......

In the recent past, it appears that Airstream Inc. has distanced themselves from the WBCCI.

You mention cooperation with Justin Humphrey in your prior response. How would you reengage Airstream to provide improved support and promotional growth for the WBCCI?

Protagonist 01-19-2016 10:23 AM

Mona—

I've met you. I haven't met your competition, though many of the old-timers in my Unit have. What in particular sets the two of you apart, that makes you the better candidate? In other words, when it comes to a vote at the Unit level, what ammunition can I use to convince them to vote for you instead of him?

monah 01-19-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB (Post 1738216)
OK, just to keep the fun rolling along on this freezing day......

In the recent past, it appears that Airstream Inc. has distanced themselves from the WBCCI.

You mention cooperation with Justin Humphrey in your prior response. How would you reengage Airstream to provide improved support and promotional growth for the WBCCI?

A little background - I'm a member of the Oregon Unit and helped facilitate what is now a mutually-beneficial relationship with what was then the new Airstream dealer in town. Under subsequent Unit leadership that relationship has continued to thrive under the quite simple premise that they help the dealer sell Airstreams by living and loving the Airstream lifestyle, and in turn the dealer refers new owners to the Oregon Unit. It's a very easy-going, diverse and welcoming group, two of whom own Around the World (ATW) Caravan trailers and one whose parents were on the ATW and Capetown to Cairo Caravans. They have successfully found the way to blend the rich heritage of our Club with the interests of the members.

Should we as a Club achieve that balance between heritage and today's lifestyle; respect for tradition with less formality; think and plan events that are out-of-the-box without leaving behind our long-time members and cultivate the next generation of club members by focusing on engaging the children & grandchildren who attend our events I believe that will enhance our relationship.

Bring 'em on - loving this interaction.
M

monah 01-19-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protagonist (Post 1738230)
Mona—

I've met you. I haven't met your competition, though many of the old-timers in my Unit have. What in particular sets the two of you apart, that makes you the better candidate? In other words, when it comes to a vote at the Unit level, what ammunition can I use to convince them to vote for you instead of him?

Thank you for the question and your advocacy - that means alot to me.

My goal is to be the BEST candidate and offer the following to support that position:

As a member of the WBCCI, the Airstream Club InternationaI, would like to share specific strengths, accomplishments and my sincere commitment to a Club that is relevant to all past, current and future membership.

As a candidate for International 3rd VP, have the full support of my husband and the CEO of my employer in all aspects of my service to the WBCCI.

As a leader of the WBCCI, will ensure that it remains relevant, vibrant, adaptive & growing and I:

a) believe in the Club - and would like to be part of a team that stewards this brand into the next 60+ years.

b) am passionate about our membership – establishing a comprehensive membership growth strategy and leading membership presentations at Sedalia, Huron, Gillette and Farmington International Rally.

c) understand the power of marketing – am social media savvy and firmly believe a vibrant, engaging on-line presence is essential to Attract, Engage and Retain new Airstream owners.

d) introduced a new face of the WBCCI – creating a set of four compelling and relevant Membership Postcards while saving the Club thousands of dollars a year by eliminating the previous packets.

e) was instrumental in the growth of the Oregon Unit – working with several generations of Oregon leadership helped in the creation of a group renowned for their passion for the Airstream Lifestyle.

f) am supportive of the development of new Units within the WBCCI – acting as consultant in the development of Greater Los Angeles Airstream Club.

g) have earned the respect of Airstream, Inc. leadership – delivering a collaborative membership discussion with Justin Humphreys during the Farmington International Rally.

h) am connected – with Airstream dealers, Airstream leadership and Airstream custom-design resources such as Hofmann Architecture

i) have managed cross-functional teams – embracing the contributions of all

j) am employed full-time – which continues to elevate my connectivity with evolving and emerging technology and younger generations

k) work – in an industry that puts me in touch with potential Airstream owners as well as current Airstream owners, some of whom belong to the Club

l) am immersed in the vintage trailer community – owners, vendors and custom-design resources.

Guess you could say I live, breathe and celebrate the Airstream lifestyle. Hope this helps with your conversations!

Mona

Protagonist 01-19-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monah (Post 1738417)
Thank you for the question and your advocacy - that means alot to me.

My goal is to be the BEST candidate and offer the following to support that position:

<snipped>

Guess you could say I live, breathe and celebrate the Airstream lifestyle. Hope this helps with your conversations!

Mona

You know what impresses me most about your answer? The fact that even though I asked you what makes you the better candidate, you didn't say a single bad thing about your opponent. Running solely on your own merits and not your opponent's flaws makes you unique in my experience.

monah 01-19-2016 07:02 PM

Vision & Mission Statement

VISION: Work collaboratively with leadership to ensure the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI) is relevant, vibrant, adaptive and growing for current and future generations of Airstream owners.

There have been substantial recent improvements beginning with the hiring of Lori Plummer as Corporate Manager in Jackson Center, OH. The Electronic Communication Committee (ECC) brought the implementation and distribution of a digital directory and this year, 2016, will be the largest International Rally in several years.

MISSION: The WBCCI, the Airstream Club International, is an underutilized brand with growth potential similar to that of Airstream, Inc. However, only 1:10 of new Airstream owners join the Club. Together, we should focus our efforts on solutions to:

o Blend our heritage with the demographics of the new Airstream owner;
o Change the perception of 60% of new owners that the WBCCI is dated and not accepting of owners who are younger, still working and with families*;
o Reinvent a multi-platform social media presence under the direction of a dedicated member of the Membership Standing Committee, without compromising traditional methods of communication;
o Tap into the skill sets of all members and encourage participation;
o Recognize that the majority of new Airstream owners work*, but can also contribute to the future of the Club;
o Develop and communicate ways to engage youth of all ages;
o Encourage new unit formation in key metro centers;
*Data from Airstream, Inc. 2014 & 2015 New Owner Survey responses.

Through our actions, we can demonstrate the relevance and value of membership in the Airstream Club International to new and existing Airstream owners – ensuring its longevity for the next 60+ years of Fun, Friendship and Adventure. I look forward to the opportunity to serve. Mona Heath, #3339

2Tex4Fun 01-19-2016 08:13 PM

Mona- You are a breath of fresh air & the club needs you to survive! Thank you for making this a priority in your life!
Victoria

monah 01-19-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Tex4Fun (Post 1738483)
Mona- You are a breath of fresh air & the club needs you to survive! Thank you for making this a priority in your life!
Victoria

Thank you 2Tex4Fun - the amount of support, encouragement and sincere interest in the Club on this thread is inspiring!

BTW - we have a '69 Tradewind renovation, would love to see pics of your '70 Tradewind!
Mona

DanB 01-20-2016 08:31 AM

OK most important: Dutch oven chilli and Bud light or Amish country pepperjack cheese and a sweet white wine?

(trick question, both are good)

monah 01-20-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB (Post 1738640)
OK most important: Dutch oven chilli and Bud light or Amish country pepperjack cheese and a sweet white wine?

(trick question, both are good)

Yes :)

SilverPal2 01-21-2016 08:46 AM

Run Mona Run

SilverPal2 01-21-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monah (Post 1738447)
VISION: Work collaboratively with leadership to ensure the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI) is relevant, vibrant, adaptive and growing for current and future generations of Airstream owners.

There have been substantial recent improvements beginning with the hiring of Lori Plummer as Corporate Manager in Jackson Center, OH. The Electronic Communication Committee (ECC) brought the implementation and distribution of a digital directory and this year, 2016, will be the largest International Rally in several years.

MISSION: The WBCCI, the Airstream Club International, is an underutilized brand with growth potential similar to that of Airstream, Inc. However, only 1:10 of new Airstream owners join the Club. Together, we should focus our efforts on solutions to:

o Blend our heritage with the demographics of the new Airstream owner;
o Change the perception of 60% of new owners that the WBCCI is dated and not accepting of owners who are younger, still working and with families*;
o Reinvent a multi-platform social media presence under the direction of a dedicated member of the Membership Standing Committee, without compromising traditional methods of communication;
o Tap into the skill sets of all members and encourage participation;
o Recognize that the majority of new Airstream owners work*, but can also contribute to the future of the Club;
o Develop and communicate ways to engage youth of all ages;
o Encourage new unit formation in key metro centers;
*Data from Airstream, Inc. 2014 & 2015 New Owner Survey responses.

Through our actions, we can demonstrate the relevance and value of membership in the Airstream Club International to new and existing Airstream owners – ensuring its longevity for the next 60+ years of Fun, Friendship and Adventure. I look forward to the opportunity to serve. Mona Heath, #3339

Well done this is a great roadmap to success for the club and you as our International President

monah 01-30-2016 06:23 PM

Thanks SilverPal2! Doing all of the prep work to share my Letter of Intent, Resume and Vision/Mission Statement with Region and Unit leadership....and AirForums members....Feb 2nd. Stay tuned!!
Mona

Aviator 01-31-2016 03:36 PM

For those of you who support a candidate for 3rd VP (the only contested position I know about)

We are rapidly approaching the timeframe when the individual units will hold their meetings providing direction to the unit President (or other delegate) who will vote at the International Rally for the International Officers. The direction given tends to go in two methodologies. First, the candidate (or issue) receiving the majority then directs the President (or representative) to vote all of the units votes for or against. Option two is for the unit to send the President with a split vote reflecting the voting percentage within the unit.

It is very important that the membership be heard at the international level. Find out if your unit President is going to the International Rally. As an alternative a representative may be someone else who is going and can then represent the will of your unit as your Unit Delegate.

When I was at Farmington last year, I noticed a larger number of units than I expected were unrepresented at the Delegates Meeting. As a result those units didn't have any say in any of the issues before the Delegates. This includes the election of International Officers.

From my earlier post, you know that I am a strong believer in Mona and what she has brought to our organization! One need only look back through the many WBCCI threads on this forum and the issues which have been raised within those threads to see the contribution Mona would make with a successful 3rd VP candidacy. Many people have lamented the slow nature of change within an organization of our size and age. Many other people counseled patience and spoke of vibrant leaders matriculating up through the organization. Mona is one of those leaders. You are seeing a distinct increase in the momentum of the desired change as a result.

Speaking to those who support Mona, I strongly encourage you to advocate for her at your unit meetings when providing direction to your Presidents (or meeting delegate). Beyond that, stress to your unit leadership how important it is for your units votes to be counted at the International Rally. The only way that happens is for your unit to send a delegate. It is usually your President, but if not it can be someone else who is designated by your President. (Your President will get a large package of forms and stuff prior to the International Rally. A Delegate form is part of that packet)

Remember, Change happens only through participation. All organizations are strengthened through member participation.

sandlapper 01-31-2016 04:49 PM

Well said ,Craig.

Friends....stand up and be counted.

Go Mona.

SilverPal2 02-01-2016 08:29 AM

We need to develop a leadership pipeline that inspires participation at all levels and reengages membership to create an atmosphere of fun and freindship. Mona is the perfect candidate and she has my full support

Jim Polk Region 12 1st VP

monah 02-01-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverPal2 (Post 1743502)
We need to develop a leadership pipeline that inspires participation at all levels and reengages membership to create an atmosphere of fun and freindship. Mona is the perfect candidate and she has my full support

Jim Polk Region 12 1st VP

Thank you Jim! Now is the time to begin thinking about leadership candidacy possibilities for 2017 and beyond.

monah 02-01-2016 02:36 PM

Letter of Introduction - Mona Heath, Nominee for International Third Vice President

Phew!!! Spent the weekend addressing 130+ emails to WBCCI leadership, one for each Region and Unit leadership team; the International Board of Trustees, Standing Committee Chairs and the VAC. Have already received enthusiastic response and support from many!!

(Attachments include Vision/Mission statement previously posted on this thread and WBCCI Resume, attached)

As a nominee for the office of International 3rd Vice President, I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself while sharing specific strengths, accomplishments and my sincere commitment to a Club that is relevant to all.

As a leader of the WBCCI, I will work to ensure that it remains vibrant, adaptive and growing. In choosing to seek this, and subsequent leadership roles on the Executive Committee, it is my intent to empower the membership to select the candidate they feel would best position the longest-rolling, single-branded RV club in the world for the next generation. I believe I am well qualified for this role and look forward to the work ahead.

* Founding member of Moving WBCCI Forward – a grass roots effort by like-minded WBCCI members to bring about improvements that move our Club forward https://www.facebook.com/movingWBCCIforward/timeline;
* Desire to be part of a leadership team that stewards this brand forward for future generations;
* Passionate about our membership, having established a comprehensive membership growth strategy and led membership presentations at Sedalia, Huron, Gillette and Farmington International Rallies;
* Understand the power of marketing, social media savvy and firmly believe a vibrant, engaging on-line presence is essential to Attract, Engage and Retain new Airstream owners;
* Successfully advocated for International Social Media role. Created motion which was passed during the 2016 Mid-Winter IBT to create position and define qualification criteria within Membership Standing Committee;
* Introduced a new face of the WBCCI by creating a set of four compelling Membership Postcards while saving the Club thousands of dollars a year by eliminating the previous packets;
* Instrumental in the growth of the Oregon Unit – working with several generations of Oregon leadership. Assisted in the creation of a group renowned for their passion for the adventurous Airstream lifestyle;
* Supportive of the development of new Units within the WBCCI. Consultant in the development of Greater Los Angeles Airstream Club;
* Earned the respect of Airstream, Inc. leadership by developing a mutually respectful relationship. Led a collaborative membership discussion with Justin Humphreys at the 2015 Farmington International Rally.

It is vital for the Club to align with Airstream, Inc. to maximize the power of the Airstream brand, which in turn will align our actions with the lifestyle of the new Airstream owner while remaining relevant to existing members. I am confident that my relationship with the executive team at Airstream, Inc., combined with our team in Jackson Center, will serve to strengthen our Club’s relationship.

As a passionate believer that our membership - past, present and future - is the core of the WBCCI, we owe it to our founding members, to those who have volunteered and given of their time and dedication over the past six decades, and to future generations of Airstream owners to keep the club relevant, vibrant, adaptive and growing. An International leadership team representative of the membership, now and in the future, is imperative for the longevity of the Wally Byam Caravan Club International.

I would like to count on your voice and your vote during the 2016 International Rally Delegates Meeting and encourage you and your Unit members to join the conversation on my Run Mona Run Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RunMonaRun/ and Airforums thread http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...nt-145521.html. I’m also available at 971-804-0885 or at monaheath@icloud.com.

Mona

Mona J Heath, WBCCI #3339
Nominee for International Third Vice President