Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   On The Road... (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   NP Fees Being Raised (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/np-fees-being-raised-137133.html)

FishinHatteras 06-23-2015 04:04 PM

NP Fees Being Raised

Anyone see this posted on NPR today?
Glad I got my 80 dollar pass, but will that go up next year? I'm all for helping the parks in any way I can, but let's keep the pass under a hundred bones per year, please? What say y'all?

Article here:
Just In Time For Summer: National Parks Hiking Entrance Fees : The Two-Way : NPR

Tincampers 06-23-2015 04:36 PM

I didn't see anything about the Annual Pass rate being raised.

ghaynes755 06-23-2015 04:51 PM

I've seen several campgrounds with increased fees.

Wayne&Sam 06-23-2015 04:55 PM

I posted the new rates for Yellowstone and Teton NP on another thread.

It's good to be ≥62. You can't beat that senior pass!

subfan1 06-23-2015 05:34 PM

For Yosemite it's only summer months that the fees are increased. Not permanent
Are the other parks permanent?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

KWN306 06-24-2015 12:13 PM

Going to be 62 in October, not worried about it.

LanSluder 06-24-2015 12:32 PM

The lifetime Senior Pass, good for free admission to all national parks, monuments, national forests, etc. for you and everyone in your vehicle, is perhaps THE greatest travel bargain in the U.S. You usually still pay for camping and other extra cost services, but admission is free. I paid $65 for mine -- haven't checked to see if the cost has increased in the past several years.

However, the two most visited national park units in America, the Great Smokies National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway, both have free admission for everyone all the time.

n2916s 06-24-2015 01:18 PM

Senior Pass is still $10 for life. Yellowstone went up to $30 for 7 days per car. Yellowstone and Grand Teton Combination is $50.

Disney World Park Hopper $127 for three days.

YNP still quite the bargain - half the world's geysers, a thousand miles of trails, hundreds of waterfalls, hot springs, fumaroles and the largest intact ecosystem in the lower 48.

Mind you, I am biased...

Mike

spenfolder 06-24-2015 01:57 PM

I get a lot of mileage out of my $80 Annual Park pass. I visited over 20 parks and monuments last year. So, I'm okay with a little increase. It's still a deal for me.

Stan
Salt Lake City

Len n Jeanne 06-24-2015 01:59 PM

As a senior, I'm happy to have a lifetime $10 pass and half-price camping in the federal lands. But I actually don't think it's fair. I think the Dept. of the Interior could raise the seniors rate to $100 for life, $20/year or something comparable. The National Parks we visit need help to maintain or improve the park experience.

KJRitchie 06-24-2015 02:03 PM

I agree. $10 is nothing when you see us 1%er's getting in free with our Airstreams and other expensive RVs.

Kelvin

AWCHIEF 06-24-2015 02:08 PM

My FREE Access Pass has saved my hundreds.

spenfolder 06-24-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len n Jeanne (Post 1641787)
As a senior, I'm happy to have a lifetime $10 pass and half-price camping in the federal lands. But I actually don't think it's fair. I think the Dept. of the Interior could raise the seniors rate to $100 for life, $20/year or something comparable. The National Parks we visit need help to maintain or improve the park experience.

I could not agree more! I'm not a senior... yet. I would be willing to pay a lot more for my Annual pass. It still saves me money and I love to see the dollars going to the parks. I have a friend who refuses to buy the $10 lifetime pass she is eligible for, and continues to purchase an annual pass to "support the parks."

Stan
Salt Lake City

Boxite 06-24-2015 03:02 PM

You guys who are anxious to spend more for your park fees... there's a simple answer for you.... quit buying the discounted fees and quit buying only ONE pass for your vehicle/family. Buy one for EACH adult in your group!

Leave me out of your plans for higher fees...I've been paying my taxes for a half-century without complaint because (unlike the richest 1%)... I don't mind paying taxes when I make income.... and now that I'm retired I'm ready to enjoy the pleasures I've been supporting all those years.