Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Canopener 2016 (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/canopener-2016-a-130377.html)

Al and Missy 02-08-2015 07:30 PM

Sandlapper:
Really enjoyed meeting you at Alumalina. Wish we could make the spring edition, but have a wedding conflict. Looking forward to seeing you again at Canopener. We had a great time this January!

Missy is a recent (January 2014) school system retiree.

Al

Panama Red 02-08-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWCHIEF (Post 1578509)
I might be able to make that. Do you have a site number?

Sure do. I'm in E033. Probably won't make it out there until after dark on that Sunday, so I'm looking at Monday evening for steaks. Let me know if you can make it. Looks like the Mrs might actually come out with me on this one. If you're a definite, let me know your favorite beer...

-Red, now we're talking!!!

Panama Red 02-08-2015 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the beginning of the travel PA today... Site 115 ought to be thumping this year.
Attachment 231993

-Red, partying like it's... Well... 1999... Is that old, or what?

sandlapper 02-08-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al and Missy (Post 1578516)
Sandlapper:
Really enjoyed meeting you at Alumalina. Wish we could make the spring edition, but have a wedding conflict. Looking forward to seeing you again at Canopener. We had a great time this January!

Missy is a recent (January 2014) school system retiree.

Al

Thanks Al, we are looking forward to our first of hopefully many trips to the legendary Canopener. I am self employed so I gotta work till I drop but with Susan retired we will have more flexibility with our travel plans.

We will definitely see you down the road. John

m.nolte 02-08-2015 08:20 PM

Looks like Canopener is going to need another couple of loops. A testament to the awesome job the organizers and volunteers do.

I hear Bette Middler will be at site 115.

Melissa - glad the goats like party tunes

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

nilesrob 02-08-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1578431)
Susan retires from the school system this June so we have our first opportunity to attend. Been waiting a long time.

In the past she has just returned to work from Christmas vacation so not a good time to be asking off.

Canopener here we come!!!

John

Best news ever.

Panama Red 02-08-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.nolte (Post 1578546)
Looks like Canopener is going to need another couple of loops. A testament to the awesome job the organizers and volunteers do.

I hear Bette Middler will be at site 115.

Melissa - glad the goats like party tunes

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Man, that made my day.

-Red, some say love, it is a river...

TinCloud 02-09-2015 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoftTouch (Post 1578299)
You have our spot!! That's okay, we'll call this one a win for you but now we know where to find you!! Keep the chatter going. :innocent:

Hope you'll stop by for a visit to your 2015 site, G and Blanche! We look forward to meeting you!

TinCloud 02-09-2015 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1578529)
Thanks Al, we are looking forward to our first of hopefully many trips to the legendary Canopener. I am self employed so I gotta work till I drop but with Susan retired we will have more flexibility with our travel plans.

We will definitely see you down the road. John

John,
Congratulations to Susan! Can't wait to meet you a Alumalina next month. Marcia will stop working the week after we get back from it, guess it'll be an advance celebration event. We've seen pictures of the amazing and beautiful work you do, if you fall over in front of a saw blade, you're just making a big mess for the EMT! Hopefully it won't take too long for you to join Susan in retirement!

Florida 55 02-09-2015 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1578431)
Susan retires from the school system this June so we have our first opportunity to attend. Been waiting a long time.

In the past she has just returned to work from Christmas vacation so not a good time to be asking off.

Canopener here we come!!!

John

Terrific news that you and Susan are coming. We are in site 135 and look forward to having you as neighbors.

AWCHIEF 02-09-2015 11:12 AM

One spot left in 103.

Tincampers 02-09-2015 01:06 PM

Already? Glad I went ahead and got mine.

tvketchum 02-09-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panama Red (Post 1578524)
Got the beginning of the travel PA today... Site 115 ought to be thumping this year.
Attachment 231993

-Red, partying like it's... Well... 1999... Is that old, or what?

I'm beginning to think you have too much time and/or money on your hands. Doesn't Mrs Red have anything for you to do for the next eight or nine months?

Tom
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Panama Red 02-09-2015 05:02 PM

Canopener 2016

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvketchum (Post 1578860)
I'm beginning to think you have too much time and/or money on your hands. Doesn't Mrs Red have anything for you to do for the next eight or nine months?

Tom
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Plenty of time... In fits and starts anyways. Some months I'm slopping over with free time, some months I can't catch my breath. Now money, if I had too much of that, I'd be towing one of those 2015 Classic's around, with whatever the latest Cummins Turbo linked to an 8 speed Allison comes in nowadays...

I've got a good friend that DJ's on the side, and he had these sitting around for a really good price, and I needed a more portable PA than my normal rig.
Attachment 232071
Which looks like this, and is the reason I'm having hernia surgery this Friday... Lugged that whole setup out to a friends house over the Christmas holidays. Never volunteer your PA for something unless you have help to carry it around. So, I'm trying to get a little more portable rig together for smaller parties, like Canopener.

-Red, serious about the surgery thing...

sandlapper 02-09-2015 06:12 PM

Thanks everyone....

..... for all the good vibes. We sooo look forward to joining everyone next January. Old friends and lots of soon to be new old friends.

John

Silverbee 02-09-2015 06:27 PM

Friend

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1578894)
..... for all the good vibes. We sooo look forward to joining everyone next January. Old friends and lots of soon to be new old friends.

John

John-(Sandlapper)
Friend to all, friend of all

Overlander & Sea 02-09-2015 09:19 PM

JJ & I will be in site 152, arriving Wednesday, January 6. I'm packing the cups now for the Bloody Marys and the Margaritas!!

rodsterinfl 02-09-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Susan retires from the school system this June so we have our first opportunity to attend. Been waiting a long time. In the past she has just returned to work from Christmas vacation so not a good time to be asking off.
Sandlapper Susan, congratulations on your proximity to retiring from the school system. I was SUPPOSED to go in June 2016 too but the tax guy says no now. One more additional year. ugh. I went and took off this year to the Canopener so I know what you mean.

sandlapper 02-10-2015 04:31 AM

Thank you Rod, I am really looking forward to joining the ranks of the retired. Don't think I could make another year after making plans to get out. Good luck to you on that.

John already has plans for my ''second career'', working with him and our son Jay in their furniture making shop.

Susan

Bettye 02-10-2015 01:32 PM

So Sad

Soooo disappointed that we will be outside "The Loop" again this year. Thought I was making reservations waaaaay early by reserving today. Boy, was I WRONG! :sad: