Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Canopener 2016 (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/canopener-2016-a-130377.html)

AirHeadsRus 01-24-2015 04:26 PM

Canopener 2016
 
10th Annual Canopener Rally

January 8-10, 2016

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Gregory E. Moore RV Resort

7525 W. Scenic Highway 30A

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459

(850)267-8330

You are invited to attend a fun-filled weekend in northwest Florida at beautiful Topsail Hill Preserve State Park in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. The park's beaches have sugar white sand, the water is a wonderful emerald green and temperatures average a high of 61 degrees in early January.

This rally just keeps growing in popularity – there were approximately 103 Airstream trailers and motor homes at the 2015 Canopener Rally.

Fun and sharing a good time with like-minded fellow Airstreamers is the main agenda. The park offers hiking, beautiful beaches and trails suitable for jogging or bicycling. Many participants bring their kayaks. There are numerous outstanding restaurants in the Santa Rosa area.

Scheduled activities include a potluck dinner and breakfast, breakfast and hike with the ranger, cornhole board tournament, Airstream trailer open house and a number of other fun informal social activities. The availability of the new amphitheater next to the clubhouse opens many opportunities for additional entertainment.

Although the rally is officially Friday through Sunday, January 8-10, 2016, some folks do arrive early to take advantage of the park and surrounding area. There have been informal events preceding the official start of the rally and these will be identified on this thread.
RSVP Below
Airstream Forums - Canopener 2016

Reservations for campsites must be made through Reserve America. Their policy prohibits reservation more than 11 months in advance of your arrival date (see their site for exact details). In the past, loop 103 has filled first and overflowed into other sites. Now with the park almost filled with Airstreams, sites closer to the amphitheater may also fill fast.

There are no rally fees.

Link to Topsail Hill Preserve State Park Website:

Welcome to Florida State Parks

Link to Reserve America Website:

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...abIndex=Search

Legal Disclaimer

Your attendance at this rally is with the understanding that it is not sponsored by any person or organization. The responsibility for all expenses is borne by individual attendees. Likewise, all liability for any accidents, personal injuries, or damages (either at the rally site or while traveling to/from) is strictly the responsibility of individual attendees. In other words, this event is the same as if you were traveling/camping on your own, and happened to arrive at a campground where many other Airstreams were staying. Organizers/hosts are only acting in the capacity of “information providers” and “facilitators,” and will be held harmless from any damage claims resulting from your attendance.

SeeMore 01-24-2015 04:57 PM

2015 was Awesome!
 
Oh goody! Have you requested another cold spell? :brows:

Protagonist 01-24-2015 05:06 PM

Bummer! It overlaps with the WBCCI 2016 Mid-Winter IBT Meeting in Rayne, Louisiana. I've already volunteered to work at the IBT, so I can't in good conscience play hooky to go to Canopener 2016.

Since I won't be there in 2016, you're sure to have warm temperatures, blue skies, gentle breezes, and plenty of early-season mosquitoes!

AirHeadsRus 01-25-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeMore (Post 1572312)
Oh goody! Have you requested another cold spell? :brows:

Absolutely...All true Canopenians embrace the weather of Canopener.
:angel:

AWCHIEF 01-25-2015 06:10 PM

Normal second week of January Florida Panhandle weather.

Panama Red 01-25-2015 06:22 PM

Yes, it was a tad warm this year. I worked up quite a sweat at the pot luck dinner. Perchance we shall have a spot of cooler weather in 2016.

-Red, very active eater...

You know as soon as they let me, I'm grabbing a spot on the 103...

tvketchum 01-26-2015 05:11 PM

127 will be ours! We liked that corner.




Tom
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Chief Simba 01-26-2015 06:44 PM

Yippee Let the planning beginning. We can't wait to leave hot South Florida for the week.

m.nolte 01-30-2015 11:43 AM

Ready already! Where's Red? Anyone know how to tag folks?

Silver Otter 01-30-2015 02:41 PM

Another great party being planned. Linda and I will have to miss the 10th one, so site 144 will be available to another fine Airstreamer. Hope to see you all again in future years.

Panama Red 01-30-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.nolte (Post 1574785)
Ready already! Where's Red? Anyone know how to tag folks?


I'm pacing myself....

-Red, trying not to burn out early...


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Florida 55 02-01-2015 08:01 AM

Canopener 2016 Logo
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here is the logo for Canopener 2016.

Panama Red 02-01-2015 07:59 PM

PREPARE YOURSELVES!!! This year, we're not playing around!!!

-Red, talking about the potluck...

Alphonse 02-03-2015 02:04 PM

Signed up at Topsail(site 138), reserved here on Forum, and subscribed to the thread!

AWCHIEF 02-03-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphonse (Post 1576523)
Signed up at Topsail(site 138), reserved here on Forum, and subscribed to the thread!

You must be arriving early. Just for grins I tried to make a reservation for the 6th and no surprise was told I had to wait to the 6th to make my reservation. 11 months out is the rule.

nilesrob 02-03-2015 09:20 PM

We are in! Well, spiritually at least. Looks like we'll have to make reservations!

Luckyducks 02-04-2015 08:26 AM

Just made reservations! Site 119 again. This will be our 9th Canopener - only missed the first one. Keep coming back for the fun and great friendships!

Florida 55 02-04-2015 08:44 AM

Sunnygirl (Susan) and I will be in Site 135 for the fifth year in a row!

Florida 55 02-04-2015 08:50 AM

Canopener RSVP
 
Don't forget to RSVP your site reservation and first names of people attending on the Canopener 2016 Rally Registration (RSVP) page. Here is a link:

Canopener 2016 Rally Registration (RSVP)

AirHeadsRus 02-04-2015 09:19 AM

And So It Begins......
 
HooteyWho, HooteyWho...... Hear Ye Hear Ye........ Hey You, May I Have Your Attention Please :bangin::
We are approaching the eleventh hour (or month in this case), which means the reservation period for Canopener 2016 is officially OPEN! That being said, Joe and I will be in site 112. Please please please go to the RSVP link located at the first post of this thread and make your site number "official" with the Canopener rally. Let the flood of Aluminum into Topsail begin :clap:

Below is the first of many tentative schedule of events for 2016. Here we go :D

Thursday, January 7th - Chili Night at the clubhouse and amphitheater
Friday, January 8th - Corn Hole Tournament in loop 103.
Saturday, January 9th - Airstream Open House followed by Potluck Dinner at the clubhouse and amphitheater.
Sunday, January 10th - Pajama Party Potluck breakfast at the clubhouse and (you guessed it!) amphitheater.

You may have noticed we'll be hosting a lot of the activities around the clubhouse and amphitheater, and here's why; The amphitheater at Topsail, located next to the clubhouse, allows for a tremendous amount of seating, a covered stage with big screen and electrical outlets, built in fire pits, a fabulous location under the stars and close proximity to necessary facililities!

We'll be posting more detailed schedules as THEE EVENT draws near, so stay tuned!

tvketchum 02-06-2015 07:54 AM

Just made reservations, Tom and Vicki returning to 127. Vicki is already planning the coffee drink bar with some delightful fresh baked goods.....


Tom
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Panama Red 02-06-2015 08:29 AM

Just booked 115 for four glorious nights of sun and relaxation... bringing my Speedo this year!

-Red, too sexy for his baggies...

HowieE 02-06-2015 08:32 AM

Just think it is only 11 months till we will be on site 160. Reversions confirmed.

m.nolte 02-06-2015 09:04 AM

Nolte's redneck crew booked in site 116! Second trip to Canopener and I can't wait.

-Melissa - 11 months is toooo long!

Panama Red 02-06-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.nolte (Post 1577587)
Nolte's redneck crew booked in site 116! Second trip to Canopener and I can't wait.

-Melissa - 11 months is toooo long!

That is right next to us!!! REDNECK CLAN UNITE!!!

-Red, y'all going to be sick of me by next January...

Paddledipper 02-06-2015 09:10 AM

The Evans will be back and in site #114 for Canopener 2016. I hope the park is flush with with aluminum this time around!

Panama Red 02-06-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddledipper (Post 1577591)
The Evans will be back and in site #114 for Canopener 2016. I hope the park is flush with with aluminum this time around!

Welcome to the jungle... Sing with me!!! Jungle, welcome to the jungle...

-Red, hair banding it...

Roadtoaster 02-06-2015 10:08 AM

We are back in 154. Margaritas will be flowing if there is a Cornhole tournament, and probably if there isn't!

AirHeadsRus 02-06-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvketchum (Post 1577573)
Just made reservations, Tom and Vicki returning to 127. Vicki is already planning the coffee drink bar with some delightful fresh baked goods.....


Tom
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Awesome, we look forward to the coffee bar. We'll be in touch.

Paddledipper 02-06-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvketchum (Post 1577573)
Just made reservations, Tom and Vicki returning to 127. Vicki is already planning the coffee drink bar with some delightful fresh baked goods.....


Tom
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums



Love !!

BassCan 02-06-2015 12:10 PM

Just made reservations, the park is starting to fill up!!
Thanks for the heads up Paddledipper and Red.
Would have waited to make reservations in a couple months
Looking forward to seeing everyone
Wayne and Julie will be staying in site 110 this year.

AirHeadsRus 02-06-2015 01:09 PM

New Theme Song For Front Corner of Loop 103????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panama Red (Post 1577610)
Welcome to the jungle... Sing with me!!! Jungle, welcome to the jungle...

-Red, hair banding it...

:punk:
Bring on the leopard/animal prints!!!

Panama Red 02-06-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus (Post 1577686)
:punk:

Bring on the leopard/animal prints!!!


So you're saying I should bring the zebra Speedo this year?

-Red, trying to please...

Silverbee 02-06-2015 03:26 PM

Deborah and Tom back in Site 167 for 2nd Canopener. Loved 2015.

Paddledipper 02-06-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbee (Post 1577718)
Deborah and Tom back in Site 167 for 2nd Canopener. Loved 2015.

My goal is to get great trays like you had for the pot luck dinner. I'm on the hunt!

Panama Red 02-06-2015 04:15 PM

I totally forgot! We gotsta get some trays!

-Red, working on his potluck skills...

AirHeadsRus 02-06-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida 55 (Post 1576825)
Don't forget to RSVP your site reservation and first names of people attending on the Canopener 2016 Rally Registration (RSVP) page. Here is a link:

Canopener 2016 Rally Registration (RSVP)

Just thought we would bump this post as a reminder to be sure to hit the RSVP page when you book or anything changes. It helps out Chuck with the maps and also Mrs Slowsky who is taking over from Roadtoaster making name tags and handing out the welcome packages.

AWCHIEF 02-06-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panama Red (Post 1577737)
I totally forgot! We gotsta get some trays!

-Red, working on his potluck skills...

Red, if you go by a Camping World they have them.

Panama Red 02-06-2015 05:58 PM

Hey Annette, not sure what's going on here, but it seems as if we have two different RSVP threads going. I know that Paddledipper is seeing a different RSVP list than I am. None of the ones on my list are on her list, and vice versa...
It could be something I'm missing. If it is, somebody please help me.

-Red, totally confused...

Chief Simba 02-06-2015 06:19 PM

Party Time with Animal prints
 
We are booked again and hoping to bring new friend with his awesome little Shasta.

Red, Zebra print on you is required now mister man (sorry Mrs. Red for the embarrassment you must put up with)

Lisa :brows::bb::lol:

AirHeadsRus 02-06-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panama Red (Post 1577772)
Hey Annette, not sure what's going on here, but it seems as if we have two different RSVP threads going. I know that Paddledipper is seeing a different RSVP list than I am. None of the ones on my list are on her list, and vice versa...
It could be something I'm missing. If it is, somebody please help me.

-Red, totally confused...

This is what we see





AirHeadsRus [Remove]
01-24-2015 05:46 PM
Joe & Annette Site 112

Florida 55 [Remove]
02-04-2015 09:48 AM
Sunnygirl and I will be on site 135 for the fifth year in a row.

HowieE [Remove]
02-06-2015 09:35 AM
See you there

karenjude [Remove] + 1 guest
02-06-2015 09:55 AM
Brad and Karen in site 141!

khollister [Remove]
02-04-2015 09:55 AM
Keith & Barbara, Site 133

Paddledipper [Remove] + 2 guests
02-06-2015 09:55 AM
Jared, Joy & McKenna Evans will be back and in site 114 this year. We've reserved a few days before the 8th so if you need help with anything please let me know.

Silverbee [Remove]
02-06-2015 04:19 PM
Deborah and Tom back in site 167 arriving Wednesday Jan 6.

StreamNmemee [Remove]
02-05-2015 08:29 AM
Bill and Shelley will be back onsite 108.

tvketchum [Remove]
02-06-2015 08:51 AM
Tvketchum- Tom & Vicki Ketchum coming in on Wednesday to site 127, and leaving Monday after Margaritaville has worn off......

Firedog1 02-06-2015 06:56 PM

Russ & Lisa in site 164 can't wait. Chief Simba thought you were going on a cruise and missing Canopener next year

Alumitater 02-06-2015 07:05 PM

This is different than the rsvp site in link #37 - Alumitater should be showing up?

Tincampers 02-06-2015 08:56 PM

We just reserved spot #120 arriving on Wednesday.

sunnygirl 02-06-2015 09:20 PM

RSVP Problem Reported to Mods
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus (Post 1577778)
This is what we see





AirHeadsRus [Remove]
01-24-2015 05:46 PM
Joe & Annette Site 112

Florida 55 [Remove]
02-04-2015 09:48 AM
Sunnygirl and I will be on site 135 for the fifth year in a row.

HowieE [Remove]
02-06-2015 09:35 AM
See you there

karenjude [Remove] + 1 guest
02-06-2015 09:55 AM
Brad and Karen in site 141!

khollister [Remove]
02-04-2015 09:55 AM
Keith & Barbara, Site 133

Paddledipper [Remove] + 2 guests
02-06-2015 09:55 AM
Jared, Joy & McKenna Evans will be back and in site 114 this year. We've reserved a few days before the 8th so if you need help with anything please let me know.

Silverbee [Remove]
02-06-2015 04:19 PM
Deborah and Tom back in site 167 arriving Wednesday Jan 6.

StreamNmemee [Remove]
02-05-2015 08:29 AM
Bill and Shelley will be back onsite 108.

tvketchum [Remove]
02-06-2015 08:51 AM
Tvketchum- Tom & Vicki Ketchum coming in on Wednesday to site 127, and leaving Monday after Margaritaville has worn off......

We discovered the RSVP problem yesterday and Florida55 reported it to a moderator (Janet). There does appear to be two different RSVP lists being displayed. I see a different list of attendees than does Florida55 when he links to the RSVP page. I have no idea how this is happening. Hopefully the moderator can combine the two lists.

Susan

m.nolte 02-06-2015 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 231861

Did someone say Canopener?!


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Panama Red 02-06-2015 10:12 PM

That's baaaaaaaaaaaaad...

-Red, taking the easy pun...

tvketchum 02-07-2015 06:39 AM

Got my goat, Red......



Tom
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

AWCHIEF 02-07-2015 07:25 AM

Site #122 has my name on it. Loop 103 is sure filling up fast. Sign up has been updated. Hopefully it is the correct sign up list.

Panama Red 02-07-2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvketchum (Post 1577898)
Got my goat, Red......
Tom

It's good to see I'm not the only one...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWCHIEF (Post 1577913)
Site #122 has my name on it. Loop 103 is sure filling up fast. Sign up has been updated. Hopefully it is the correct sign up list.


As long as Reserve America has it right, we've got 11 months to get this one straight...

-Red, site 115, where all the cool kids are...

angle 02-07-2015 08:19 AM

Red, We just got site 128. Now you have to tell us what we need to do now. This is our first trip out that far from home. We are up next to West VA, and have never pulled this far away. Pray no snow up here to pull thru. Thank you looking forward to meeting everone....

Panama Red 02-07-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angle (Post 1577928)
Red, We just got site 128. Now you have to tell us what we need to do now. This is our first trip out that far from home. We are up next to West VA, and have never pulled this far away. Pray no snow up here to pull thru. Thank you looking forward to meeting everone....


I'm no authority on Canopener, but what you need to do now is prepare to enjoy yourselves... eleven months from now. The people we met at Canopener '14 were the most laid back awesome group I've been around in a long time. Friendly, inviting... Except this one lady, wouldn't share a hamburger with me, even though I was obviously starving near to death. 😘

Honestly, it's a lot of fun. The thing I liked most about it, after the people, is that it's structured just enough to give you something to do if you want to, but not so much that it wears you out.

Chili nite was great. Corn hole tournament, great! Breakfast with the ranger, great! All of it. We honestly enjoyed the whole thing. So much, that we're going two days early this year...

And, with Annette hosting it this year??? Are you kidding me? This is going to be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY!

Looking forward to meeting you.

-Red, Canopener veteran...


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

az-streamer 02-07-2015 08:54 AM

just booked site #129, same spot as last year.

arriving on thurs 1/7, leaving on mon 1/11.

already looking forward to Canopener 2016 - will be our third.

it's nice that you can reserve spots ahead of the offical booking window if you plan on arriving early.

and the spots ARE filling up fast!!

see y'all there!

Chief Simba 02-07-2015 09:26 AM

Airstream Bark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firedog1 (Post 1577791)
Russ & Lisa in site 164 can't wait. Chief Simba thought you were going on a cruise and missing Canopener next year

We have to come back so y'all can have Glutton-free Airstream Bark. I am still hunting for substitution on the crackers. I will have it master by Canopener.

Panama Red 02-07-2015 09:31 AM

Canopener 2016
 
Oh yeah, Angle, a few people to watch out for:

Captain Hank -He will steal your pedal car, with your beer cooler on it. He doesn't drive very well (probably because of margaritas) but does eventually come back with the car unscathed, and the majority of your alcohol untouched...

Two Gulls (or is it Too Gulls... Or To Gulls? Crud) Brenda is the sweetest, most nicest caring person in the world, but sometimes forgets to mention to her partner Tami that she offered you a hamburger later, so when you come by for said hamburger later, and meet Tami for the first time, without Brenda there... Well, don't expect that hamburger. I kid, I kid. They were both awesome people!

Chief Simba - Lisa is a walking party, and that was with a cast on a broken foot. Wherever you meet her, that's not her camper. It will take three days to figure out exactly which one is her camper... By then you don't care, you're swept up in the party and have a new best friend...

Road Toaster -Greg will probably be one of the first people you meet, because he hands out the info packets and name tags. He will also tell you that you owe him 50 bucks for something... Don't fall for it. I did. Gave him a hundred and didn't get back any change. However, they are the source of many margaritas, so he's got that going for him...

M.nolte - They have goats... Watch where you step if you go to their camper for open house...

Skatiero has so many kids that at supper time you just sit down at their table and they feed you... Pretty sure they've lost count and don't know who's who.

Rum Runner - Knows all things old Volkswagen. Jose thought I had chopped up an old bug for the seat slides on my pedal buggy, and was plotting ways to kill me. I didn't let him get near me, except in a crowd. If you haven't harmed an old VW, you'll be safe. Avoid the phrase, "So we made a dune buggy out of it."

AirHeadsRus - Annette walks around with an empty beer bottle, pretending she just ran out, asking everyone what type beer they have, and can she have "just one"... It's pretty obvious where this is going...

Levon - gives you one shot of some of the smoothest homemade rye you'll ever drink, then won't sell you a bottle. Not sure how he's benefitting from this, but it's very irritating... If you're going to get me hooked, sell me the drug...

Paddledipper - The most popular person in the campground. Don't even try to get near Joy's camper. The crowd will suffocate you. We lucked up and got the campsite right next to Joy and Jared, so we will be renting out the right to stand next to their campsite, in ten minute blocks. Reserve early, slots are filling up fast... Unfortunately, the people on the other side of us have goats...

Blanche - Blanche is a Cornhole ringer. She will lull you to sleep with her wit, charm, and stunning good looks, then SLAMS you to the ground in the tournament. Also, she pays somebody to make sure you have a margarita in your hand the whole time. Devious, just plain devious...

SeeMore - At some point, Dave will saddle up two incredibly huge dogs, and give out pony rides... I missed it. Keep an ear out for it.

There are quite a few others that bear (bare?) watching, but these are the Big League Players, as far as I can tell. Keep your wallet on a chain around them at all times. Trust no one. Lock your trailer door at night. Don't leave food laying around. Alcoholic beverages are unsafe at any time, anywhere near these people....

-Red, compiling a list...

Tincampers 02-07-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angle (Post 1577928)
Red, We just got site 128. Now you have to tell us what we need to do now. This is our first trip out that far from home. We are up next to West VA, and have never pulled this far away. Pray no snow up here to pull thru. Thank you looking forward to meeting everone....

First you need to build a really strange looking side by side quad-cycle...:rolleyes:

Panama Red 02-07-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrprez (Post 1577947)
First you need to build a really strange looking side by side quad-cycle...:rolleyes:


Best advice of the day!

-Red, thinking he might just do it...

Tincampers 02-07-2015 10:17 AM

I think that was definitely the hit of the event.

Panama Red 02-07-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrprez (Post 1577966)
I think that was definitely the hit of the event.


It was popular, but I wouldn't go that far. Working on the redesign now to make it a little more versatile...

-Red, rarely satisfied...


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

m.nolte 02-07-2015 10:40 PM

Red-this compilation is cracking me up. Maybe we should add descriptions to the name tags. 'Most popular, margarita expert, goat people, ...'


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Silverbee 02-07-2015 11:18 PM

Food Trays
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddledipper (Post 1577721)
My goal is to get great trays like you had for the pot luck dinner. I'm on the hunt!

Hi Joy,
Ours are surplus food service trays. Check on E-Bay under divided cafeteria service trays. There are a lot of different colors. Even some stainless ones.
Deborah & Tom

Panama Red 02-08-2015 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.nolte (Post 1578202)
Red-this compilation is cracking me up. Maybe we should add descriptions to the name tags. 'Most popular, margarita expert, goat people, ...'


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums


Great idea, but "Doofus in a Zebra Print Speedo on a Pedal Car" would be tough to fit on my name tag...

-Red, facing reality...

Paddledipper 02-08-2015 08:46 AM

Canopener 2016
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbee (Post 1578206)
Hi Joy,
Ours are surplus food service trays. Check on E-Bay under divided cafeteria service trays. There are a lot of different colors. Even some stainless ones.
Deborah & Tom


Thanks! Doesn't Panama Red just make you wish Canopener of January '16 was actually Canopener of Spring '15? 11 months we have to wait!?!?

AWCHIEF 02-08-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddledipper (Post 1578260)
Thanks! Doesn't Panama Red just make you wish Canopener of January '16 was actually Canopener of Spring '15? 11 months we have to wait!?!?

Great idea, how about a Spring Canopener Part Deux at Fort Pickens Gulf Islands National Park? It would be more affordable for us poor old retired people. With the Access Pass it is only $13 a night.

TinCloud 02-08-2015 09:17 AM

Newbies on the block!
 
Newbies will be celebrating our first Canopener in site 155! Like Angle, this will be our longest trip from home in NC. Can't wait to meet you all!

delmer 02-08-2015 09:57 AM

Looking forward to another fun time, we are on site #140.

Tincampers 02-08-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWCHIEF (Post 1578264)
Great idea, how about a Spring Canopener Part Deux at Fort Pickens Gulf Islands National Park? It would be more affordable for us poor old retired people. With the Access Pass it is only $13 a night.

I like that idea...

SoftTouch 02-08-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panama Red (Post 1577578)
Just booked 115 for four glorious nights of sun and relaxation... bringing my Speedo this year!

-Red, too sexy for his baggies...

You have our spot!! That's okay, we'll call this one a win for you but now we know where to find you!! Keep the chatter going. :innocent:

tvketchum 02-08-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panama Red (Post 1577969)
It was popular, but I wouldn't go that far. Working on the redesign now to make it a little more versatile...

-Red, rarely satisfied...


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums


Just make it look like a VW bug so Rum Runner leaves you alone....


Tom
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Al and Missy 02-08-2015 03:30 PM

Wow! That was fast!
 
I have been trying to reserve for several days, but forgot to come back yesterday. My site from this year (148) was taken, maybe by whoever had it in 2013. There were only 3 sites left in 103. I grabbed 139. Arriving Thursday, leaving Tuesday.

I guess I can start counting days now.

Al

sandlapper 02-08-2015 04:33 PM

We're in, site #136
 
Susan retires from the school system this June so we have our first opportunity to attend. Been waiting a long time.

In the past she has just returned to work from Christmas vacation so not a good time to be asking off.

Canopener here we come!!!

John

AWCHIEF 02-08-2015 04:38 PM

I hope most of the reservations in loop 103 are Airstreams and not some SOB outfit having a rally the same weekend. 11 months out and the prime locations almost fully book. Says an awful lot about this event.

Captain Hank 02-08-2015 04:51 PM

Henry & Melinda have site 134 and look forward to seeing everyone.

Chief Simba, don't for get to bring your silver cup so we can refill it.

Silverbee 02-08-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1578431)
Susan retires from the school system this June so we have our first opportunity to attend. Been waiting a long time.

In the past she has just returned to work from Christmas vacation so not a good time to be asking off.

Canopener here we come!!!

John

John:
Will be great to see you and Susan there. We are in 167 for the second year. Also, see you at Alumalina in March.
Deborah and Tom

sandlapper 02-08-2015 05:50 PM

Thanks T & D, we are excited about both .

John

Paddledipper 02-08-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWCHIEF (Post 1578264)
Great idea, how about a Spring Canopener Part Deux at Fort Pickens Gulf Islands National Park? It would be more affordable for us poor old retired people. With the Access Pass it is only $13 a night.


I like the way you think!

Panama Red 02-08-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWCHIEF (Post 1578264)
Great idea, how about a Spring Canopener Part Deux at Fort Pickens Gulf Islands National Park? It would be more affordable for us poor old retired people. With the Access Pass it is only $13 a night.


I'll be out at Pickens on March 8th through the 11th... I'll be in training all day, but my evenings are free! Grilling steaks and drinking a beer. Steaks and beer on me for the first five people to sign up...

-Red, hoping someone brings salad...

angle 02-08-2015 07:03 PM

Red and Tinclouds, we are so looking forward to this trip, a little scared, A long way to go and we have a few years on us. but can't wait to meet Red and the Mrs. Tincloud will be looking for you as well. this group of WONDERFUL PEOPLE I have meet here make it something to look forward to. We will keep up with everthing going on here. Red you and the Mrs. are to Wonderful people and we have yet to meet.

AWCHIEF 02-08-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panama Red (Post 1578484)
I'll be out at Pickens on March 8th through the 11th... I'll be in training all day, but my evenings are free! Grilling steaks and drinking a beer. Steaks and beer on me for the first five people to sign up...

-Red, hoping someone brings salad...

I might be able to make that. Do you have a site number?

Panama Red 02-08-2015 07:25 PM

Thanks so much... Red in person isn't near as awesome as Red on the Internet. You will meet some incredibly nice people at Canopener though. We had so much fun, made some good friends, and can't wait for next year. Our next rally is probably going to be Alumalina in the fall. That one is sooner, and a little closer to y'all... I try to get us out once a month in The LoveStream... Sometimes it's just camping in the yard when family comes to visit, but I count it.

My goal for Canopener 2016 is to stay up later than 6:30... I can hardly wait.

-Red, head may explode before next January...

Al and Missy 02-08-2015 07:30 PM

Sandlapper:
Really enjoyed meeting you at Alumalina. Wish we could make the spring edition, but have a wedding conflict. Looking forward to seeing you again at Canopener. We had a great time this January!

Missy is a recent (January 2014) school system retiree.

Al

Panama Red 02-08-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWCHIEF (Post 1578509)
I might be able to make that. Do you have a site number?


Sure do. I'm in E033. Probably won't make it out there until after dark on that Sunday, so I'm looking at Monday evening for steaks. Let me know if you can make it. Looks like the Mrs might actually come out with me on this one. If you're a definite, let me know your favorite beer...

-Red, now we're talking!!!

Panama Red 02-08-2015 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the beginning of the travel PA today... Site 115 ought to be thumping this year.
Attachment 231993

-Red, partying like it's... Well... 1999... Is that old, or what?

sandlapper 02-08-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al and Missy (Post 1578516)
Sandlapper:
Really enjoyed meeting you at Alumalina. Wish we could make the spring edition, but have a wedding conflict. Looking forward to seeing you again at Canopener. We had a great time this January!

Missy is a recent (January 2014) school system retiree.

Al

Thanks Al, we are looking forward to our first of hopefully many trips to the legendary Canopener. I am self employed so I gotta work till I drop but with Susan retired we will have more flexibility with our travel plans.

We will definitely see you down the road. John

m.nolte 02-08-2015 08:20 PM

Looks like Canopener is going to need another couple of loops. A testament to the awesome job the organizers and volunteers do.

I hear Bette Middler will be at site 115.

Melissa - glad the goats like party tunes



Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

nilesrob 02-08-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1578431)
Susan retires from the school system this June so we have our first opportunity to attend. Been waiting a long time.

In the past she has just returned to work from Christmas vacation so not a good time to be asking off.

Canopener here we come!!!

John

Best news ever.

Panama Red 02-08-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.nolte (Post 1578546)
Looks like Canopener is going to need another couple of loops. A testament to the awesome job the organizers and volunteers do.

I hear Bette Middler will be at site 115.

Melissa - glad the goats like party tunes



Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums


HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Man, that made my day.

-Red, some say love, it is a river...

TinCloud 02-09-2015 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoftTouch (Post 1578299)
You have our spot!! That's okay, we'll call this one a win for you but now we know where to find you!! Keep the chatter going. :innocent:

Hope you'll stop by for a visit to your 2015 site, G and Blanche! We look forward to meeting you!

TinCloud 02-09-2015 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1578529)
Thanks Al, we are looking forward to our first of hopefully many trips to the legendary Canopener. I am self employed so I gotta work till I drop but with Susan retired we will have more flexibility with our travel plans.

We will definitely see you down the road. John

John,
Congratulations to Susan! Can't wait to meet you a Alumalina next month. Marcia will stop working the week after we get back from it, guess it'll be an advance celebration event. We've seen pictures of the amazing and beautiful work you do, if you fall over in front of a saw blade, you're just making a big mess for the EMT! Hopefully it won't take too long for you to join Susan in retirement!

Florida 55 02-09-2015 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1578431)
Susan retires from the school system this June so we have our first opportunity to attend. Been waiting a long time.

In the past she has just returned to work from Christmas vacation so not a good time to be asking off.

Canopener here we come!!!

John

Terrific news that you and Susan are coming. We are in site 135 and look forward to having you as neighbors.

AWCHIEF 02-09-2015 11:12 AM

One spot left in 103.

Tincampers 02-09-2015 01:06 PM

Already? Glad I went ahead and got mine.

tvketchum 02-09-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panama Red (Post 1578524)
Got the beginning of the travel PA today... Site 115 ought to be thumping this year.
Attachment 231993

-Red, partying like it's... Well... 1999... Is that old, or what?


I'm beginning to think you have too much time and/or money on your hands. Doesn't Mrs Red have anything for you to do for the next eight or nine months?


Tom
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Panama Red 02-09-2015 05:02 PM

Canopener 2016
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvketchum (Post 1578860)
I'm beginning to think you have too much time and/or money on your hands. Doesn't Mrs Red have anything for you to do for the next eight or nine months?


Tom
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums


Plenty of time... In fits and starts anyways. Some months I'm slopping over with free time, some months I can't catch my breath. Now money, if I had too much of that, I'd be towing one of those 2015 Classic's around, with whatever the latest Cummins Turbo linked to an 8 speed Allison comes in nowadays...

I've got a good friend that DJ's on the side, and he had these sitting around for a really good price, and I needed a more portable PA than my normal rig.
Attachment 232071
Which looks like this, and is the reason I'm having hernia surgery this Friday... Lugged that whole setup out to a friends house over the Christmas holidays. Never volunteer your PA for something unless you have help to carry it around. So, I'm trying to get a little more portable rig together for smaller parties, like Canopener.

-Red, serious about the surgery thing...

sandlapper 02-09-2015 06:12 PM

Thanks everyone....
 
..... for all the good vibes. We sooo look forward to joining everyone next January. Old friends and lots of soon to be new old friends.

John

Silverbee 02-09-2015 06:27 PM

Friend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlapper (Post 1578894)
..... for all the good vibes. We sooo look forward to joining everyone next January. Old friends and lots of soon to be new old friends.

John

John-(Sandlapper)
Friend to all, friend of all

Overlander & Sea 02-09-2015 09:19 PM

JJ & I will be in site 152, arriving Wednesday, January 6. I'm packing the cups now for the Bloody Marys and the Margaritas!!

rodsterinfl 02-09-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Susan retires from the school system this June so we have our first opportunity to attend. Been waiting a long time. In the past she has just returned to work from Christmas vacation so not a good time to be asking off.
Sandlapper Susan, congratulations on your proximity to retiring from the school system. I was SUPPOSED to go in June 2016 too but the tax guy says no now. One more additional year. ugh. I went and took off this year to the Canopener so I know what you mean.

sandlapper 02-10-2015 04:31 AM

Thank you Rod, I am really looking forward to joining the ranks of the retired. Don't think I could make another year after making plans to get out. Good luck to you on that.

John already has plans for my ''second career'', working with him and our son Jay in their furniture making shop.

Susan

Bettye 02-10-2015 01:32 PM

So Sad
 
Soooo disappointed that we will be outside "The Loop" again this year. Thought I was making reservations waaaaay early by reserving today. Boy, was I WRONG! :sad:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.