Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   Spring Rally in Northern Illinois (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/spring-rally-in-northern-illinois-129637.html)

Tom Nugler 01-04-2015 11:09 AM

Spring Rally in Northern Illinois

Time to start the Camping Season along the Rock River.:D

We’ll be gathering at the Lowden State Park in Oregon Illinois on May 15, 16 and 17th.
DNR
The Park is located south of Rockford off of River Road, Route 33, North of Oregon Illinois. Being an Illinois State Park, reservations can be made through Reserve America.
http://www.reserveamerica.com
Sites 35-49 worked well last year so make your reservations in or around the shady Rest Loop. The sites are gravel and grass with 30 and 50 amp electric. The shower house and water hydrants are close by. There are unreserved sites close by on a first come first served basis.
While planning Springs Saturday Potluck in the Fall the topic of Lasagna came up. Whats your favorite type? Meat, veggie, cheese, dessert? Dana and Sue have decided the theme for the Spring Rally will be Lasagna at Lowden. Check back later for details.

With luck we’ll get some great Spring weather.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

See you soon,
Tom and Sue

Airtandem 01-04-2015 01:32 PM

What begins with "L" that would go with Lasagna?? Lambrusco, Leinenkugal, lettuce or lentals, lima beans; Lambrusco or Leinenkugal?

Airtandem 01-05-2015 09:33 AM

Mike and Dana in Thursday and home Monday.
Forgot to ad to previous post.
mike

featherbedder 01-05-2015 10:54 AM

will be in space 48 Thur. to Mon. Bill

briboy 01-05-2015 11:55 AM

Mark & Brian will be in space #33 Thursday through Monday. See you then!

silverslppr 01-05-2015 07:47 PM

Hi all!
We will be in the same site as last time, #46.

We will be arriving on Friday and returning on Sunday because one of us has to work! ;-P

(I wish I could take off Monday as well but it is "assessment" time at school and being the computer lab instructor means that the online assessments have to go through the lab.)

Don't be surprised if Michael stows away somewhere to get in an additional night. LOL Dyanna

Grosspoluter 01-31-2015 11:23 PM

Ok I'm new here
In January I bought a 1984 airstream 345... It needs work, a lot of work!
I'm not looking to restore it, just have some fun in a way cool camper!
I have reserved sight 047 from 5-14 to 5-18
Hopefully this will be our maiden voyage in this camper!
We have seasonal sight in with another trailer (not airstream) in Milton Wis:
We will be visiting relatives in Madison Wis on Friday. IF the RV gets "usable" by then it will stay at the sight while we travel around in our Honda CR-V
Looking forward to seeing some fellow airstreamers
Hopefully I'll get to here some amazing stories, good info, ideas, and friends.
(Crazy ideas, stories and friends are ok to!)
We - refers to me Ricahrd, my fiancé Amy and dog Casey. (We're getting married in June)

Tom Nugler 02-02-2015 06:55 PM

Ready for Spring yet?

16 inches of fresh snow over the weekend. :mad:

With Sues disdain for snow and being stuck inside watching the drifts pile higher she wondered how come we weren't campground hosts somewhere warm. :rolleyes:
A check of booked campsites at Lowden found 9 reserved so far. Sites around the loop will start filling up so if if you're planning on joining us reserve soon.
Grosspoluter, looking forward to meeting you. Love the Classic motor homes. The group has a deep knowledge base to help you out with any questions on the MOHO and we have volumes of stories to tell.:lol:
See everyone soon,

Tom and Sue

let's play 02-19-2015 06:01 PM

We have our same sites as last year on the inside loop, don't know the numbers off hand. As we sit in the -5 weather, camping seems so far away. Polluter, if Mayco makes it with his 310 classic you will get all the good, bad and ugly info you want. Warm weather can't be too far away!

cale

Airtandem 03-01-2015 02:09 PM

75 days, but who's counting?
mike

MikeG82 03-08-2015 05:21 PM

Mike and Carrie Anne Greenwood are in! Site 45.

Airtandem 03-08-2015 06:03 PM

Mike, Carrie Anne; welcome, anxious to meet you two.

Mike & Dana

mayco 03-08-2015 07:38 PM

We are going to miss the rally this year. We are headed west in late April to Colorado for a few weeks. Gonna meet up with some classic motorhome owners near Colorado Springs then get to have some fun meeting up our kids who live in Denver and Fort Collins. Should be a great trip, our first one that is multi-week and far further than we have ventured out yet in the 310.
Have fun folks!

Mike n Lynn

Airtandem 03-08-2015 08:08 PM

Mayco; sorry you are not going to make it to Lowden. Are you going to make it to Moraine View??
Have a safe trip and enjoy the kids.
Mike and Dana

Tom Nugler 03-16-2015 08:32 PM

2 Months Out

Well, we're about 2 months out from the Lasagna and Lilacs in Lowden Spring Rally. :D Hopefully the weather will be like it was today. 71 deg, sunny with a mild south breeze. Spring has finally arrived. The Robins are in the trees the Sandhill Cranes are heading north and that damned chipmunk is out from hibernation and running around in my garage.:angry:

Starting to get the Tradewind ready for the season. I had a rare weekday off and spent some time airing out the trailer, checking for mice, none, :bb:and pulling wiring for a new radio.
Sue and Dana are working on the activities and will be posting soon about the Potluck lasagna dinner.

I checked the campground map and there are 10 sites reserved for the weekend. The inner loop is filled and there are 5 left on the outer ring.

Mike and Carrie Anne, welcome. Looking forward to meeting you. We've had Airstreamers from the West and South but you are the first from above the border.

See everyone soon.
Tom

featherbedder 03-17-2015 04:15 PM

Spring at Lowden

Do you or Mike you have list of who has reserved sites of our group and what #S. Still trying to decide what to bring for potluck. Bringing wood for sure. Have site 48 will arrive Thur. leave Mon. Bill

Tom Nugler 03-17-2015 10:07 PM

Here's a list I put together from the posts.
If there's any corrections let us know.

033 Briboy Mark and Brian
035 let's play Cale and Amy
039 airtandem Mike and Dana
043 ?
044 Tom Nugler Tom and Sue
045 Mike Grnwood Mike and Carrie Anne
046 silverslippr Michael and Dyanna
047 Grosspoluter Ricahrd, and Amy
048 featherbedder Bill and Penny
049 Bruce and Lauren

Tom

Airtandem 03-17-2015 10:46 PM

043 Irishrider Al, Sue & Amanda

Dentaldiva 03-21-2015 08:04 AM

The merry month of May is coming soon. So lets's shed our layers of winter clothing and eat lasagna at our very own Lilac Lasagna Festival at Lowden.

Are you hungry yet? Saturday nite is our usual potluck at 6:oo pm. As discussed at our final outing of the season our theme will be lasagna. Bring your favorite main dish lasagna cooked to share and ready to be devoured. In your other hand to share bring a layered appetizer or dessert . After dining we will be voting and crowning our very own Lilac Queen.
Dana and I will be posting our items shortly. See everyone soon.

Grosspoluter 04-14-2015 05:49 PM

Ok, so it was nice last weekend, my 345 was is road worthy condition, and I was itch'n for a road trip. So the wife (to be) and I took a ride in the Airstream to the park. It's about a 100 mile (one way) trip
We just went up there looked around and came back the 345 ran ok
(I still think 220* is too hot for engine temp)
On Monday I took out the 190 thermostat and put a 160 in I flushed out the coolant system and filled it back up with water and "water wetter" in the hopes the next trip will provide a little cooler engine temp's
Also today I installed 6 lower marker lights (all L.E.D's) top ones were replaced in MUCH colder weather in February.

Tom Nugler 04-17-2015 07:50 PM

We're just 4 weeks out from our Spring Rally.
Time to finish prepping our Airstreams for another season on the road.
I've got a couple of projects to finish up and then start stocking up for the season.
Grosspoluter Looks like your ahead of everyone. We were out in Oregon at an antiques fair a few weeks ago and drove into the campground. Nothing set up yet, no hosts and everything was still in hibernation. The campground loops were still gated but the sites looked fairly dry even after the snow melt and light rain that day.
Have you been perusing your recipes books over the winter? Decided on your favorite layered foods for the Potluck? Sue and Dana have working on Saturdays potluck decorations and activities for a while now. Sue says to remember to bring your main dish of lasagna and a layered dish to pass. Either an appetizer or dessert.
We can't wait to get out of the house and go camping.

See everyone soon,
Tom and Sue

featherbedder 04-19-2015 05:20 PM

Took tin can out of machine shed this A.M. everything looks good. I will be by myself at Lowden as Penny has LDA board meeting Sat. and 2 members staying at our place Fri. nite so she says to long to leave late Sat. It is election time & she is Pres. among other things. I asked if could move one week ahead or one week behind but she says people are coming from various places in Il. already sched. can not change dates. So don't no about lasagna but will bring some kind of dish for potluck. Bill

Airtandem 04-21-2015 08:18 AM

It's about 3 weeks to our spring rally. Looking to be another great one.

FYI; there is another camping group that has Lowden or Rock Cut on their schedule for Columbus day Weekend. Dana and I have camped with them times, they are a fun group; a bunch of SOB's (Some Other Brand) trailers. They are about the same size of group as us. Either way, we should think about reserving NOW.

briboy 04-22-2015 09:22 AM

Hey people! We had our (WBCCI) Spring Opener in Amboy this past weekend, and we thought we'd stop by Lowden for a few days before heading home. I am surprised that this late into April, the front loop has been closed. There are no camp hosts. On the other hand, it's nice and quiet! Since the showers are closed it's also eighteen bucks a night. On the other hand it's cold and windy! Nice to be here though. Just pulled the Airstream out of hibernation. Heading back to Chicago Friday.

Airtandem 04-22-2015 11:46 AM

Campground DOES NOT open till May !, campground host will be there by than.

Dentaldiva 04-27-2015 05:29 PM

Lasagna

I will be bringing a cheese lasagna and a layered salad.

Please post what side layered dish you will be bringing with your lasagna.

See everyone soon!

featherbedder 04-28-2015 05:22 PM

Nice cake for dessert as my BD [81] May 4, still trying to fig. lasagna as Penny not coming, probly no layered dish. Plus as usual much fire wood. Bill

Grosspoluter 04-28-2015 06:57 PM

Food?

Ok so a few things about us (Amy & I) you all should know...
First and foremost we are NOT cooks, if it dosent come out of a cardboard box and can't fit in a microwave I prety much give up.
BUT Amy makes a prety good spinach dip served with Hawaiian bread!
I'd be willing to bring that and chips? Cookies? Pop? Beer? All of the above?;)
One other thing my brother just started running the (very small) store at the park he's calling it "Quirkies" (our last name is Quirk) he's opening up shop this weekend May 2nd.
I thought about going out there this weekend... But I don't want to be put to work:blink:

Dentaldiva 04-28-2015 08:04 PM

Don't worry be happy

We all need to work with our strengths. Bring what you want for our Saturday lasagna pot luck, we always have plenty of food to go around.
Looking forward to meeting you both.
Safe trip.

Airtandem 04-28-2015 08:11 PM

GREAT !!!!! This group will eat just about anything (within reason) We are more of an eating group than campers. The park is suppose to be dry, but. Does he also have the wood contract? The prev host's son delivered wood by the truckload to us for $50. We all chipped in on it. We do not want to infringe on your brothers business.
Looking forward to meeting the "Quirkies"
FYI, there is another Amy, 2 Dana/Dyanna's and 2 Mikes.
mike

Grosspoluter 04-29-2015 12:08 AM

Food and wood

I'll ask about the wood, I don't think he has a supplier for the wood yet, but again I'll ask.
dry park, ok, no beer that's fine by me I'm more of a mountian dew person myself

let's play 04-29-2015 12:59 PM

Not really too dry ;)

Would there be any interest in grilling out on Friday night? I would be happy to supply hotdogs, burgers or brats for the group, just pick one so i can order a case. We did the hot dogs last year for moraine view and it was a nice social mixer. Let me know....
cale

Grosspoluter 04-29-2015 05:42 PM

Friday cook out, wood,

Unfortunately my brother dosent get wood in bulk.
He told me he will be selling small bundles of wood at $6 a bundle.
He also told me the ranger said, that when the big storms came through a few weeks ago, it knocked down a bunch of wood and the park cut it up and just left piles of wood for people to take
As far as the Burgers and or dogs that would be fine with me (personally I like dogs) I'd be happy to supply the buns if you want!

Dentaldiva 04-29-2015 06:39 PM

Thanks Cale, my vote is burgers. Let Tom and I know what we can supply.

featherbedder 04-30-2015 08:58 AM

If okay I will bring chips for Fri. nite dog roast. Pls. let me no so I can pur. Bill

let's play 04-30-2015 01:59 PM

Sounds good! I will bring the jumbo dogs and burgers, gp as it gets closer we can figure how many buns to bring, we will be arriving thursday after paden gets out of school, possibly staying till monday, weather permitting...

Airtandem 04-30-2015 08:23 PM

something TBA later.

mj

Tom Nugler 04-30-2015 08:48 PM

Does Dana have something in mind that will require us to increase the load capacity of our trucks?:lol:

Tom

Airtandem 04-30-2015 08:57 PM

Tom; as I keep saying, it's weight, Not volume. The girls just don't listen!!!

featherbedder 05-01-2015 02:15 PM

Weight means pounds and increase in waist size but cannot resist so many goodies that I enjoy.

Airtandem 05-01-2015 03:27 PM

Dana and Sue think that if there is room (volume), we can take it. Trailer weight is almost at capacity.

silverslppr 05-02-2015 03:16 PM

We will bring a meatball lasagna for Saturday night, and a lemon bars (starts with an "L" and is layered ;)) as a dessert. What would you need for Friday night's dinner? A salad? Let me know! Dyanna

let's play 05-03-2015 08:20 AM

SS just bring something easy for friday night, the emphasis is on more social, less fuss... salad would fit I am certain.
cale

MikeG82 05-03-2015 08:27 PM

Hello Everyone,

Sorry about this, but we will have to postpone our meeting until another rally.

We are now unable to attend.

Mike and Carrie

Airtandem 05-05-2015 03:34 PM

Mike and Carrie; we'll miss you, but there is always tomorrow. See you down the road.
As for the rest of you, see you sometime next week.

mike & dana

Tom Nugler 05-07-2015 07:42 PM

One More Week

Counting down the final week before our Spring Rally.:clap:
We're pretty much packed and just need a bit more Spring Cleaning in the Tradewind before we head out.
(Oops. :doh: Left some knockwurst from the Oktoberfest Rally in the covered drawer in the fridge.):cry:

Mike and Carrie. Sorry to have missed you. Safe travels. Hope you can come down our way sometime.

If you're thinking of coming out the park is beginning to fill up. I checked the sites and the number of reserved sites have doubled over the last week. 2 more sites on the loop were filled. Airstreamers? There are a few reserved and and unreserved sites on top of the loop remaining.

Forecast looks pretty good with a slight chance of rain Friday night and Saturday morning. Temperatures will be perfect for camping.:)

So whip your layered, lasagna, or what have you dishes this week for next Saturdays Feast.:chef:

We'll see you all soon.

Tom and Sue

featherbedder 05-11-2015 10:27 AM

Revised weather forecast doesn't look very good this weekend, do not Oregon forecast but Rockford and most of area covered. If have canopys please bring as I think will be needed. Ganged together makes very nice shelter from rain, as some of have side curtains and also use small cheapy blue tarps [for sides] like harbor freight has or any place that have them

Tom Nugler 05-12-2015 09:31 PM

If You Don't Like The Weather......

If You Don't Like The Weather Wait A Few Hours. That's a well known fact in this part of the country.:lol:

Bill is right. When he looked on Monday the forecast sucked.
Today it reads; Friday 78 and Saturday 80 degrees with a 20% chance of rain. Sundays still iffy with 60% chance of thunderstorms.
No matter. This group knows how to deal with everything from snow to tornadoes.:bb:

See you all soon.
Tom

let's play 05-13-2015 06:57 AM

Weather looks good! I am figuring on a dozen burgers and a dozen dog for Friday night, maybe a few more, sue is bringing corn on the cob, the polluter has the buns, Lauren has taco salad, slipper has reg salad, bill has chips. We are leaving Thursday after school. Mike, are you bringing bikes?

featherbedder 05-13-2015 08:04 AM

Just googled Oregon 7 day weather, once again dif. forecast, sucks again, chance of rain increased to 60% for Sat 80% Sun. from Toms post of 20% Sat. 60% Sun., but like Tom says wait couple of hours it will change. Hoping turns out nicer than forecast, but we will cope and enjoy get together, and like Tom says this group knows how to deal with any thing.

let's play 05-13-2015 03:38 PM

stop looking and you won't know! LOL PS extra booze in order for the weekend.

featherbedder 05-13-2015 06:47 PM

spring rally

Quote:

Originally Posted by let's play (Post 1621024)
stop looking and you won't know! LOL PS extra booze in order for the weekend.

All ready and on board, Whiskey, lienenkugals, & limearita & strawberryarita, lots of firewood [more than before] Stoufers frozen lasagna, as Penny refuses to fix any thing for pot luck. The only thing I can do for dish at potluck. Have chips, white bd cake, ready to party and eat. PS. penny will be no show. Also has any one heard from Till? I sent pm about Mo. ago about some parts and doing olympic rivets for repair no response. Will leave around 10 am tomorrow.

let's play 05-14-2015 12:37 PM

Movin' on out. Got a case of corn for sue, my layer desserts, lasagna, burgers and brats, trailer tours on saturday!!! Safe travels to all and see you there!

Tom Nugler 05-15-2015 02:08 PM

Most of us got in yesterday afternoon.We were able to cook dinner over the fire before the rain.
The canopies are up and the sites are decorated.
Weather is looking excellent with the rain holding off until late Saturday night.

HEY! An airstream just pulled into the park. Gotta go.:D

Tom

Grosspoluter 05-17-2015 04:33 PM

Good time

Well as the newbie in the group I'd like to let you all know, Amy and I had a good time at the park and meeting and talking to all of you
Featherbedder that is a really good looking unit, and the cabinetry inside is awesome (great job)
I tried the toilet for the first time on Sunday and of course "something" is broke and squirts water everywhere when the flush leaver is pushed... I think that project may get pushed to the front of the "to do" list!

featherbedder 05-18-2015 08:40 AM

Spring rally

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grosspoluter (Post 1622906)
Well as the newbie in the group I'd like to let you all know, Amy and I had a good time at the park and meeting and talking to all of you
Featherbedder that is a really good looking unit, and the cabinetry inside is awesome (great job)
I tried the toilet for the first time on Sunday and of course "something" is broke and squirts water everywhere when the flush leaver is pushed... I think that project may get pushed to the front of the "to do" list!

I don't mean to critisive. Cale is person with fab. cabs. etc. and good looking unit. I will not take credit for some else work.

Tom Nugler 05-18-2015 08:24 PM

Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Sundays ride bounced us around a bit with the gusty South winds whipping over the open fields.
From what I could see it looks like those that stayed another day dodged the rain.
Spent 4 hours today washing the “tree sap” off the trailer, awning, truck and cleaning up the rig a bit. Back to work tomorrow.

The Fall Rally will be the first or second weekend of October. We'll let everyone know when it's decided and I'll post it up to the Forum.
I'll do a Rally Recap in a few days.

If we don't see you before the Fall, have a good Summer and safe travels.
Tom and Sue

Airtandem 05-18-2015 11:40 PM

We left about 2:30 on Sunday and made it as far as Thomson Il to the COE park. Thougth we would go for a bike ride, but NO. Wind off the river was blowing about 40 -50..Had difficulty even opening the camper door. Was very warm, but about 4 AM, reached for the heavy blankets.
There was a sign on the registration booth, ALL sites are reservable except for 5 and there was camp hosts on 2 of them and another reserved for MILITARY FAMILIES; this left 2 nonreservable sites. We checked on available sites and ALL reserved for next week end.
Except for the rain, we had a fulfilling rally; with food that is and friendship. Looking forward for the fall rally and R&R.
mike

briboy 05-19-2015 01:18 PM

spring rally tree sap

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Nugler (Post 1623571)
Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Sundays ride bounced us around a bit with the gusty South winds whipping over the open fields.
From what I could see it looks like those that stayed another day dodged the rain.
Spent 4 hours today washing the “tree sap” off the trailer, awning, truck and cleaning up the rig a bit. Back to work tomorrow.

The Fall Rally will be the first or second weekend of October. We'll let everyone know when it's decided and I'll post it up to the Forum.
I'll do a Rally Recap in a few days.

If we don't see you before the Fall, have a good Summer and safe travels.
Tom and Sue

Hey Tom,

Did you use anything special to clean off that tree sap?

Tom Nugler 05-19-2015 01:50 PM

Simple Green cleaner mixed maybe 7 parts hot water to 1 part of the cleaner. Used my long handled brush and a microfiber mitt.
They (the interwebs) say hot water works best. Worked fine for me.

Tom

featherbedder 05-19-2015 02:32 PM

Had heavy rain Dekalb and for about 10 15 miles East, cant' feel any tree sap on skin but awnings are a mess, also green algae starting at belt lines from sap and wet and humid week and. Enjoyed week end and as usual ate to much. Looking forward to Moraine View then Oct. back to Lowden, and more good eats.

silverslppr 05-20-2015 10:23 PM

Michael & I would like to take a moment to thank ALL the magical elves who created a breathtaking lilac paradise! Special thanks go out to Dana and Sue who organized and brought out lilacs in hand painted vases with all the trimmings! Also thanks go out to Mike and Tom who set up canopies and tables, and helped to keep the home fires burning. Everyone shared their favorite dish and every dish was a favorite! Amanda was crowned the Lilac Princess and wore her crown with a regal glow! Bill celebrated his 81st birthday with all his friends and a very delicious cake! No one went back to their Airstream hungry, and we all went back with wonderful memories of good friends and good times!

briboy 05-21-2015 07:03 AM

Great write-up Dyanna!

Mark & I got home last night, Wednesday. We had a fun time with you all, and look forward to our next adventure! Safe travels everyone!

Airtandem 05-22-2015 07:44 PM

It is hard to believe that it has been a week since we all sat around a fire relaxing after a big hot dog and hamburger feast. We began to talk about what we were going to have with our "BIG" Saturday night lasagna dinner. TUMS! It was a fun weekend and now looking forward to the October rally.
Watch the Forum for further information.
See everyone, and those that couldn't make this rally in the fall.

Mike & Dana
air & wbcci 27937

Tom Nugler 05-24-2015 12:22 PM

Spring Rally Recap

5 Attachment(s)
The first Spring Rally at Lowden went down quite nicely. Everyone was keeping an eye on the forecast which seemed to change from good to bad every 4 hours for the 3 days leading up to the Rally. In fact it turned out this was the best weather we've had in the last couple of years.

We got to the Park with Mike and Dana on Wednesday, checked the sites and were able to cook dinner before a light rain settled in that evening.

Thursday the group started arriving. We set up the canopies, gathered up some tables and got a good fire going. Once again we managed to cook out before another band of light rain started up around 9:00.

Friday's weather was beautiful. Some explored the town of Oregon, while the rest of the group arrived. Cale and Amy provided huge burgers, jumbo hot dogs and corn on the cob for Fridays dinner with others chipping in with chips, sides and condiments. We sat around the fire catching up and shooting the bull until about 11:00. Had a pretty good rain storm sometime after midnight but, in my opinion, there is nothing like the comforting sound of rain against our silver cocoons.

Tom Nugler 05-24-2015 12:29 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Saturday started out a bit soggy.
Having restored a small Cub Cadet tractor over the winter. Cale had planned on checking out a garden tractor show west of town. We loaded up a couple of trucks and headed out to a muddy farm. I've been to large tractor and Old Thresher's shows but this was interesting in it's own right.
https://www.facebook.com/AJsGardenTractorJamboree
Be sure to view the videos.

By the time we got back the sun was coming out and we began prepping for our Feast. Seven types of Lasagna were baking in the Airstreams, and layered appetizers and deserts were being assembled.
Under a bright warm sun on a gorgeous Spring afternoon Dana, Sue, Lauren outdid themselves with decorating the tables and canopies for the Lasagna and Lilac Festival. With the tables filled with food and the chefs taking their bows, Miss Amanda was crowned the Lilac Queen.
As usual there was a wide variety of dishes to choose from and as a group we finished off a good percentage of the Lasagna and deserts. After a quick clean up it was back to the campfire to relax and digest another “ottimo pasto” excellent meal.

Tom Nugler 05-24-2015 12:32 PM

Sunday morning everyone was just hanging out trying to decide if we were going home or staying another day. With the threat of strong winds, thunderstorms and hail we decided to leave around 1:00.
In the end, the bad weather never really materialized.

Thanks to everyone who made this Rally a great success. We hope everyone has a good summer with enjoyable adventures and safe travels.

Tom and Sue

briboy 05-25-2015 06:38 AM

Great write-up Tom! Brought back the wonderful weekend as I read! Had a fun time with you all, and looking forward to next time!

Irishrider 05-25-2015 10:00 PM

What a great weekend. So lucky to be a part of this Airstream group. Great friends and the best cooks ever. Thanks for always making Amanda a part of the group and more so this past get together as you crowned her the Lowden Queen. Looking forward to seeing you in June! Thanks, Susan, Amanda, and Alan

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums