Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Random Thoughts (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/random-thoughts-129512.html)

Panama Red 01-01-2015 06:54 AM

Random Thoughts

Saw this in another forum that I frequent. Longest running and most posts thread on the forum. Don't know if it has been done here or not, but here goes... It's impossible to hijack this thread or get off topic, because there is no topic... It's like the Seinfeld of the forum.

Listening to 70's Rock on Pandora to start the new year. I honestly don't believe there was a better decade for rock. Love the 50's through the 90's but always go back to the 70's as my favorite... And now, Stairway comes on... See what I mean? Zeppelin, just try to top that...

-Red, getting all random on your butts... And then my wife goes and fast forwards past Zeppelin. What the heck? Oh well, it's Buffett... Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...

TCwheels 01-01-2015 07:54 AM

PLEASE don't listen to Pandora unless you're safely equipped to do so! In most states it's illegal and immoral, not to mentioned stupid, to listen unless you've applied the 10-20-30 formula for listening safety. If you don't know what that is, just use the search feature and you'll find lots of clear explanations. I use a TPMS system with 16" Michelin subwoofers and Hensley "gold" connectors on every cable. IMHO using anything less is a sign of genetic mutation. My brother-law's friends uncle had his insurance cancelled and was deported because he listened without surround sound. And don't be fooled by people telling that you can listen without 1 ton magnets on your speakers. You CAN, but should you? If you don't care for your own safety, think of the all the orphans driving around the country. Good luck and welcome the friendly world of Pandora!

WBCCI #7246
AIR #91367

Panama Red 01-01-2015 07:58 AM

It was on a Bose box that you can plug your iPhone into...

-Red, scoffing at safety...

SteveH 01-01-2015 07:59 AM

I used to like rock music a lot. Listened to it constantly at as high a level as the system would go without too much distortion. Now I'm almost deaf, so I listen to talk radio and struggle to understand what they are saying, but it keeps me alert when driving.

But, I still do like the Blues Channel on XM. What'd he say?

Panama Red 01-01-2015 08:12 AM

He said he thinks he knows you!

-Red, I'll be here all week... Tip your waitresses...

SteveH 01-01-2015 08:14 AM

I think 20% for taking an order and bringing the food to the table is too much. 10% should be enough for that job, after all they wait on several tables at a time.

I usually tip 15%, but what did that waitress say as we left?

boondockdad 01-01-2015 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCwheels (Post 1561377)
PLEASE don't listen to Pandora unless you're safely equipped to do so! In most states it's illegal and immoral, not to mentioned stupid, to listen unless you've applied the 10-20-30 formula for listening safety. If you don't know what that is, just use the search feature and you'll find lots of clear explanations. I use a TPMS system with 16" Michelin subwoofers and Hensley "gold" connectors on every cable. IMHO using anything less is a sign of genetic mutation. My brother-law's friends uncle had his insurance cancelled and was deported because he listened without surround sound. And don't be fooled by people telling that you can listen without 1 ton magnets on your speakers. You CAN, but should you? If you don't care for your own safety, think of the all the orphans driving around the country. Good luck and welcome the friendly world of Pandora!

WBCCI #7246
AIR #91367

The danger to other folks on the road who might be exposed to your reckless listening habits is real. Nothing worse than pulling up next to a tiny Subaru pulling a 30' Classic and the subwoofers going full blast with a "50 Cent" tune.

Also, where you empty your Pandora 'Easy Listening' contents is a serious concern, as well. No matter how much I gently remind my DW, she insists on filling up our internal hard drive with Kenny G... she'll just stand there and let that sax go on and on...

Well, no matter. Because unlike my 'Hard Rock' selections, you can download your 'Easy Listening' anywhere... anywhere a DNR officer isn't looking, that is.

SteveH 01-01-2015 08:24 AM

It's perfect weather here for wasting time on the computer, but no, I have wash clothes today.

mayco 01-01-2015 09:22 AM

If your last name was Case....., would you name your kid Justin?

SteveH 01-01-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayco (Post 1561407)

If he was a boy, it'd be much better than Sue.

TCwheels 01-01-2015 09:57 AM

Great topic idea Red! It's my favorite one so far!

WBCCI #7246
AIR #91367

ALANSD 01-01-2015 10:01 AM

I've plated Rock and other stuff...since the 60's. Stood in front of a Marshall stack amp for years...I have manageable Tinitus now.
I still play but P.A. systems today are so good and affordable you don't have to play through such a big amp.You just mic everything...so the audience's ears bleed not yours. :)

TCwheels 01-01-2015 10:01 AM

...and if you've ever been accidentally sprayed with someone else's Easy Listening dump, you'll know exactly what Boondockdad is talking about. It's not pretty.

WBCCI #7246
AIR #91367

Panama Red 01-02-2015 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayco (Post 1561407)

There's a pretty good country cover band here in North Central Florida named Justin Case... Everybody wants to know which one is Justin.

-Red, and by the way, which one's Pink?