Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Airstream Lifestyle (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483/)
-   -   Camp Chair Mulling (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483/camp-chair-mulling-120940.html)

PharmGeek 12-16-2014 12:12 PM

Cool - I'll look forward to the pics

I do not plan in any new chair purchases till at least summer

I'm happy for now with what I have bit still want a couple compact comfy chairs

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

m.hony 12-16-2014 01:16 PM

Spelling is also weird.
Home/some should sound the same, but they don't. Home/gnome sound the same. Why is the G there? If it's silent, shouldn't we just leave it out? Some/sum sound the same. Bass with a short A if it is a fish but a long A if it is a musical note-
None of it makes any sense, since there is no rhyme or reason-

Pagey 12-17-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PharmGeek (Post 1554698)
Language is weird...I had no idea "mull" meant something other than what I knew it as...

: to grind or mix thoroughly : pulverize
: to consider at length : ponder —often used with over

That hot chair looks like a bad idea....but at the same time intriguing lol

Mulled wine does have pulverized spices in it, thus mulled, but it is also heated. My brain went there because it is the season for such beverages. :)

I do like heated seats in vehicles, but this chair might toast my tush too much. ;)

m.hony 12-17-2014 07:47 AM

It seems that the seams on an Airstream leak from time to time. Time to add some thyme to the soup.

Curtis Lowe 01-10-2015 07:21 PM

Another vote for the Kermit Chair. Use them on my canoe trips and fully plan on incorporating it into my upcoming Airstream adventures. They are comfortable, classic, unique, and handmade in the USA. Doesn't that sound like Airstreaming to you guys?!

JDS 01-10-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly at Night (Post 1554690)
No. No. No.

I meant this - click "Shop now!"
Shop now

Thank you FaN. Thank you.

John S.

PharmGeek 01-11-2015 05:29 PM

My budget is fairly tight the next couple years so no further purchases beyond what I already use which is the lafumas x2 and the lafuma camp stools x2 for quick easy deployment and we have out two tommy Bahama chairs for beach use and around campsite if needed

Perhaps Christmas next year I may get a new chair - or my bday - I'm very torn between the options

MontyV 01-22-2015 09:54 AM

Cup holder

Don't forget to be sure there is a cup holder in the arm of the chair.

In our experience plastic corners aren't necessarily a sing of poor quality. We bought two chair at Costco. They fold up into a cylinder and slip into a bag. I am 6'2" and 280, with an athletic build. I have never felt the chairs would break.

Goal15 01-22-2015 10:30 AM

Let me add one other possibility to the mix and my apologies if it has already been mentioned.

We bought two of these

GCI Outdoor Wilderness Recliner Chair

for our son and his girlfriend for Christmas. As soon as my zero gravities from Dicks Sporting Goods wear out, I think I'm getting two for the AS. Very comfortable and surprisingly the pillow is actually of a proper thickness to be more than a decoration. The only issue I see is that for some of us more "wizened" campers, the low nature of the chairs might create some problems on the egress, but a good incentive to keep the old body limber.

Dana

Belbein 01-27-2015 04:36 PM

Wow, Pharmageek. I ducked out of this debate for about six months and I can't believe you still haven't bought your chair!

Panama Red 01-27-2015 04:41 PM

Perhaps we could hold a "Let's buy Pharmgeek a folding chair" Rally. All proceeds would go to... well, we'll figure out how to spend the proceeds later.

-Red, off track mid sentence...

slowmover 01-27-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panama Red (Post 1573610)
Perhaps we could hold a "Let's buy Pharmgeek a folding chair" Rally. All proceeds would go to... well, we'll figure out how to spend the proceeds later.

-Red, off track mid sentence...

Then we'll have to find him another pacifier.

He likes to eat his peas one by one.

Which are the ways I think of myself when stalled on budget for projects or for time to travel.

Panama Red 01-27-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowmover (Post 1573655)
Then we'll have to find him another pacifier.

He likes to eat his peas one by one.

Which are the ways I think of myself when stalled on budget for projects or for time to travel.

Thanks, Captain BuzzKill! Man, we almost had that folding chair bought!!! Sorry Pharmgeek. I tried my best...

-Red, completely stymied...

rodsterinfl 01-28-2015 02:05 PM

I am sold on the Eureka high back curvy. One thing I like when sitting in a chair is back support. The high provides it up to the neck.

cory_can 01-28-2015 09:12 PM

It seems we have quite the stash of chairs now....for Christmas we received a pair (son doesn't get one :) ) of the Eureka curvy highs to compliment the three Eureka curvy lows and the ultra portable Joey/Helinox chairs. The highs are good for the daytime but I like the lows for around the fire. Decisions decisions :)

PharmGeek 01-30-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belbein (Post 1573607)
Wow, Pharmageek. I ducked out of this debate for about six months and I can't believe you still haven't bought your chair!

Lol - well - I bought the lafumas last year and love them - but still mulling about a couple smaller chairs

I am happy to report that my amazon account has 138 dollars in points ready to blow so perhaps a purchase is imminent?

Panama Red 01-30-2015 09:22 PM

YOU'VE GOT CHAIRS????? Great, and here I was planning a rally and all...

-Red, slightly peeved...

PharmGeek 01-31-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panama Red (Post 1574981)
YOU'VE GOT CHAIRS????? Great, and here I was planning a rally and all...

-Red, slightly peeved...

Don't get down red - I don't have ALL chairs so I have yet to explore the multitude of chair possibilities

m.hony 01-31-2015 01:45 PM

I am in Camping World sitting in chairs-
I keep getting shocked by static electricity-
None of these are any more comfortable than the Zip Dees.

m.hony 01-31-2015 01:46 PM

The $129.99 Hickory Field recliner will not stay in the reclined position-