Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Airstream Lifestyle (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483/)
-   -   Camp Chair Mulling (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483/camp-chair-mulling-120940.html)

BAB 12-10-2014 06:27 PM

As noted earlier, I have the Pico chairs -- 4 of them. After 2 1/2 years with them, they've been great -- not just because they fold up into the size of a briefcase, but also found they dry quickly if they are left out in the rain. One bit of "aha!" My B-I-L rocked back in the chair and it did NOT like it. I was able to get it back into operation. Best to keep the Pico grounded rather than tilted. I honestly do NOT understand all the hoop-ti-doo about Zip Dee chairs. I've sat in them and don't find them all that comfortable. My new Classic will be delivered with two of them. I expect to dispose of them appropriately to someone who'll appreciate them....oh and if I want to store them IN the trailer they'll have to go in the wardrobe.

subfan1 12-10-2014 09:02 PM

I'll appreciate them BAB


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek 12-10-2014 11:24 PM

Bab - so the picos - have proven very durable and not a bunch of rusted parts?




Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

blmitch5 12-11-2014 08:42 AM

Camp Chair Mulling
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BAB (Post 1552346)
As noted earlier, I have the Pico chairs -- 4 of them. After 2 1/2 years with them, they've been great -- not just because they fold up into the size of a briefcase, but also found they dry quickly if they are left out in the rain. One bit of "aha!" My B-I-L rocked back in the chair and it did NOT like it. I was able to get it back into operation. Best to keep the Pico grounded rather than tilted. I honestly do NOT understand all the hoop-ti-doo about Zip Dee chairs. I've sat in them and don't find them all that comfortable. My new Classic will be delivered with two of them. I expect to dispose of them appropriately to someone who'll appreciate them....oh and if I want to store them IN the trailer they'll have to go in the wardrobe.


We love ours! Thanks for letting us try yours out!

BAB 12-11-2014 09:17 AM

Pharm ... the only thing that has any rust at all are the tops of the tiny screws. I should have thought of this and either put clear coat over them. I think I'll dab a bit of silver touch up paint on them instead. But absolutely no rust on anything else. BTW, I have decided to donate my two new ZipDee's at next summer's FOD rally as a door prize. This will offset the amazing gift I received at this year's rally when I got Inland Andy's "Flown over the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor on 7 December 2012" flag and commemorative coin. Trust me, I treasure this! (Thanks for the hint, Brad!) Barry

Bruce B 12-11-2014 12:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In the spirit of purchasing camping chairs from US companies we have ordered a pair of Alite Mantis. I am sure they are probably built off shore but they had a special of $70 per chair including shipping so we bought two!
We intend to use the chairs as back up chairs when we have guests and maybe for taking along when in the Kayaks, things like that.
I am 6'3" and the best part of 230 pounds and wondered just how I would fit in one of these...
I must say it all works surprisingly well!
Bruce

Bruce B 12-11-2014 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just in case anyone is wondering how an 82 year old mother in law might fare in the Mantis chair, I attach this for your viewing pleasure!
Bruce

PharmGeek 12-11-2014 04:09 PM

Bruce - these mantis or helinox or joey chair type are high on my list


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Bruce B 12-11-2014 04:20 PM

I am guessing that the Helinox is the chair to try... Rated for more weight, better reviews etc. I am truly surprised at how comfortable the little Mantis chair is to though. Much better than I expected although I do not believe I can sleep in one...and they will warranty it forever!
It is actually really easy to get out of once you learn the trick.
Cant wait for the Kermit's to get here now...
Bruce

cory_can 12-11-2014 06:06 PM

As mentioned earlier in this thread we have the Joey/Helinox and they work really well for an ultra portable option for kayaking/backpacking trips etc. Similar to Bruce I'm 6'3" and ~230lbs as well.

PharmGeek 12-12-2014 08:10 AM

I'm also surprised big guys do not break these - impressive

I'll be interested in the Kermit review

Cory - if you ever get a chance to take a pic of yourself in the curvy low rider do so - would like to see it in action


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Roadtech 12-13-2014 07:37 AM

I also have the Kermit table. It is pretty neat...

Fly at Night 12-16-2014 01:28 AM

I was "mulling" this.
Decided the a** is hot enough. :lol:

Shop now

Brav 12-16-2014 03:05 AM

Just thought I would throw my choice out there. It's not the lightest nor has leg support. But by far the most comfortable and robust. I tried many types and even in recliners could not find an even sense of support. Many were not comfortable or felt I was hunched over. These are awesome.. At least for me at 6'4 240.

Bass Pro Shops Big Outdoorsman XL Fold-Up Chair | Bass Pro Shops

PharmGeek 12-16-2014 07:49 AM

What what what !!?!?! lol


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Pagey 12-16-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PharmGeek (Post 1554599)
What what what !!?!?! lol


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

I believe the reference was to the "mulling" as in "mulled wine" which is heated.;)

Fly at Night 12-16-2014 11:18 AM

No. No. No.

I meant this - click "Shop now!"
Shop now

PharmGeek 12-16-2014 11:34 AM

Language is weird...I had no idea "mull" meant something other than what I knew it as...


1
: to grind or mix thoroughly : pulverize
2
: to consider at length : ponder —often used with over

That hot chair looks like a bad idea....but at the same time intriguing lol

PharmGeek 12-16-2014 11:37 AM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AYWainmIxeE


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

cory_can 12-16-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PharmGeek (Post 1552948)
I'm also surprised big guys do not break these - impressive

I'll be interested in the Kermit review

Cory - if you ever get a chance to take a pic of yourself in the curvy low rider do so - would like to see it in action


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

The trailer/chairs are in storage for the winter, I'll try to remember a picture in the spring.

Another tip....we love the mesh curvy back chairs in the summer months because they have great venting. However, in the lower temp months sitting around a fire in ~0C/30F they can get a little "drafty". We carry a few sheets of Reflectix cut to the dimensions of the seat and back length....significant improvement.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.