Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Airstream Lifestyle (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483/)
-   -   Camp Chair Mulling (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483/camp-chair-mulling-120940.html)

AnnArborBob 06-28-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PharmGeek (Post 1475384)
Alternatively I I tried last night a small pillow on small of my back in the XL which shifted my legs forward and things matched up and were comfy - but i do not think as nice as the one size for my size

In the one size my head contacts the top metal part of the chair - I. The XL it doesn't and that is better - but that is a very small difference

I'm 6'2" and weight about 200 so I think I'll go with the XL for me and the one size for the wife.

Thanks!
:)

PharmGeek 06-28-2014 08:33 AM

Camp Chair Mulling

Sounds like a plan - honestly I'm still not sure between the two - both are very comfortable and I may like the option to add small back pillow

I think at 6-2 you will be quite safe

Rsx I suspect will be same but would wonder how different it flexes and such

Tell me what you think - backcountry said you can return also but costs 6.99 return label they offer

richinny 06-28-2014 09:46 AM

say pharm, i think you should have a rally. the theme of course would be "show us your chair". there could be prizes for best in sm/med/lg/reclining/non-reclining categories :-)

rodsterinfl 06-28-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Sumpin foe scale
Love the Alabaman!

Pharmgeek, my model is just like an RSX. It attaches with elastic cord versus the improved clips. It flexes like a bungee cord, especially in the seat. Think trampoline.

I also found out by looking up my Amazon order history why I paid so much for my Lafuma. It was listed as for sale in the US BUT it was a UK sale. Stupid me.

Quote:

say pharm, i think you should have a rally. the theme of course would be "show us your chair". there could be prizes for best in sm/med/lg/reclining/non-reclining categories :-)
That is a good idea richinny! It would be nice to have reviews and tests of chairs, generators, ac unit noise tests, etc. Get those venders accountable to demo and see their competition! Now that you are the Lafuma rep Monsieur Pharmgeek, get us a discount!:lol:

PharmGeek 06-28-2014 12:39 PM

I'm keeping I think the XL

I used today a very worn pillow (think very flat) as my back pillow and it just made it from very nice to perfection

The one size (my wife's) is a tad too short and definately too short with any back pillow in use

I'm very pleased and have my chair of choice as does my wife

There are several others on sale on amazon that would be interesting to compare

Chair etc rally - lol - sounds like a good idea!

Now I will update this thread if quality issues arise etc

Now I need a cup holder lol (will buy it later with amazon points as 20 bucks seems steep for a stupid clip on tray)

Can you buy something generic that snaps on the arm or something ??

m.hony 06-29-2014 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I want one this color, but better quality:
Attachment 215199

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

urnmor 07-03-2014 05:12 PM

I am having withdrawal pains as I have not seen any recent posts. So does that mean all chair decisions have been made?:)

PharmGeek 07-03-2014 05:19 PM

Yup - done and done

Happy Campers!

urnmor 07-03-2014 06:38 PM

Fantastic but I will miss the posts

PharmGeek 07-03-2014 06:51 PM

Ok enough sarcasm :)

I will add posts to this thread with any updates as they come up - quality issues and what not

Actually - I am looking now for a small back pillow to compliment the chair...looked at brookstone - none that grabbed me and pricey

PharmGeek 07-03-2014 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Right now :)Attachment 215568

urnmor 07-03-2014 07:28 PM

No sarcasm I just enjoyed the thread.

PharmGeek 07-03-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urnmor (Post 1477679)
No sarcasm I just enjoyed the thread.

Well thanks! We would be camping this weekend if my wife was not working

Will be enjoying the chairs watching fireworks though

Happy 4th everyone!

m.hony 07-03-2014 11:06 PM

Wife workin' don't mean nothin'!
I go 'head on anyway!
I reckon hit bees diff'rent when yo' young uns be li'l.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

reinergirl 07-03-2014 11:08 PM

Can I say I told ya so? Lafuma ROCKS!

PharmGeek 07-03-2014 11:45 PM

You may say that, lol.....

I will say that I was impressed with the target chair as a compromise....very comfortable I thought, but way too short, was a bit shorter I think than the lafuma “one size” size....and that thing was HEAVY

A facebook friend has one that was like 120 bucks on amazon and they are liking it so far and he is a big guy...lots of options out there...I dont have the patience to try em all....can you believe that?!?!

PharmGeek 07-03-2014 11:46 PM

m.hony...exacto....we were just discussing that once the kids are bigger, we will do more camping weekends even when mamma works....just right now its far too much for me to tackle...

Pagey 07-04-2014 07:27 AM

PharmGeek, after I told Hub that you had put a small pillow under your back to make the Lafuma "fit better", he took the headrest off of my Lafuma and slid it up on the lower section to make a leg support. Since I will not be getting my headrest back, I ordered two more headrests from Lafuma yesterday, one for the head, one for my leg support.

PharmGeek 07-04-2014 08:40 AM

I did that with the target ZG chair and it helped - put that included head pillow so ankles did not lay on the footrest

I only bother with the back pillow if I plan for more than 15 min of sitting

PharmGeek 07-27-2014 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lovin it still - gatlinburg Tn

It's a hit with fam too :)Attachment 217569