Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Got my 1st Airstream (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/got-my-1st-airstream-12052.html)

hookedonclassic 06-16-2004 07:52 PM

Got my 1st Airstream

Well, I'll been following this forums for several months and the old desire to get back into camping flaired up again. This time I wanted an AS and knew that after enjoying this forum so much and having the desire to have an Airstream before (always liked something a little different than the rest of the crowd) that I wouldn't be happy with an SOB. Thanks to a couple forum members I've never met, Roger and JohnHD.- - and a good dealer, Ace Fogdall now Fogdall. It all came together on this Monday. Roger had previously been at the dealer so I emailed him to see if had looked at the 1992 29' Classic Excella. He did and he said it was in great shape. He suggested I email JohnHD (lives only 60 miles from here) as JohnHD had a 29' just like it. John helped answer questions about the features the unit. Fogdall did the rest. I put money deposit down last week and looked at it Monday morning and was headed back home by 11AM the same day with it. Brad in sales and Bob in service were great people to work with at Fogdall. I was amazed at how great the AS towed. 13.6mph on my first trip (with the help of a tailwind). I posted some pictures in my album (hopefully correct). I didn't have a chance to do much the last two evenings but tonight I spent about 2 hours just enjoying (believe it or not) cleaning the inside of it. It is so well made and I found features that I hadn't seen before. This is my 5th RV. I've been out of it for 5 years and here to stay this time, Lord willing. Thanks again to Roger and JohnHD and for the great Forum discussions. It's great. Rich

85MH325 06-16-2004 08:16 PM

It was my pleasure, Rich! Congrats on a beautiful trailer.

Roger

maxandgeorgia 06-16-2004 08:28 PM

Congratulations, Rich! She is beautiful! Roger must be earning lots of Karma--he helped us also when we were undecided a few months ago about buying our Gypsy Belle, a '95 30' Classic Limited. We hope you'll enjoy many miles of travel and happy camps with your new find!

Silvertwinky 06-16-2004 08:29 PM

Looks very nice! :)

WANNA-TRADE? :D

john hd 06-16-2004 08:36 PM

super!

glad i could help rich!

congrats on your new rig! always good to have another wisconsinite on board!

feel free to pm me anytime with whatever questions you may have!

ps, i really dig the extra awnings you have!

john

hookedonclassic 06-16-2004 08:47 PM

Silver: No AS trading yet. Tow vehicle, maybe.

By the way, I saw a very nice 1996 3/4 Suburban at a dealer's lot in Fox Lake WI yesterday. Dealer's name was Streich Motors @ 920-928-2335. Nice blue (would look sharp with an Airstream). Body in very good condition. 50,000 to 55,000 miles. It had the big engine, believe 7.4 or something. Would be a good tow vehicle for someone. Call dealer if you're interested or know someone who is. Did'nt really know where to post this kind of thing. Should it have been a new thread or isn't that how it's done? Rich

Silvertwinky 06-16-2004 08:52 PM

**re: Wanna-TRADE?**

Quote:

Originally Posted by hookedonclassic
Silver: No AS trading yet. Tow vehicle, maybe.

By the way, I saw a very nice 1996 3/4 Suburban at a dealer's lot in Fox Lake WI yesterday. Dealer's name was Streich Motors @ 920-928-2335. Nice blue (would look sharp with an Airstream). Body in very good condition. 50,000 to 55,000 miles. It had the big engine, believe 7.4 or something. Would be a good tow vehicle for someone. Call dealer if you're interested or know someone who is. Did'nt really know where to post this kind of thing. Should it have been a new thread or isn't that how it's done? Rich

Just kidding anyway! :D

You really have a nice coach!

AirHog 06-17-2004 07:51 AM

Very nice tt, looks brand new!!! :) :) :) Welcome to the AS club!!! CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Hope to have all you west coast folks come east to Rhode Island and do some curb side parking at our place. Sites to visit, (ie Newport Mansions, Boston, Cape Cod, etc). Love to meet you all!

Gail & T

LeeMo 06-17-2004 10:04 AM

Clean Stream

Congratulations on your Airstream! The photos indicate you have a very new and pristine looking unit. I really think the Excella exterior blue and silver color scheme is really cool. Hope you find a renewed interest in travel and camping. Again, Congratulations. :)

hookedonclassic 06-17-2004 09:15 PM

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the replies. It's fun to see where they all are coming from. Rich

jcanavera 06-18-2004 08:27 AM

Rich, that's a good looking unit. Obviously it has spent some time indoors or the previous owner kept it Walbernized fairly frequently. Even the awings look pristine!

Jack

hookedonclassic 06-25-2004 08:25 PM

New TV

Well, have had the Airstream 11 days haven't had a chance to use it yet but enjoying it none the less as I work on it getting it ready for our first trip. (The other night we had one whale of a storm come through the area and I sure thought the AS would get hailed on. But didn't happen. 100 mph winds within 20 miles of here.)

Took a big leap and traded the 2003 4Runner for a 2004 GMC Sierra Crew (Silver) with Duramax. Now have to wait a few days to get the truck engine broke-in. Have to put on the DualCam this weekend too. Got some samples for replacing curtains and then we will be done with the project. Should be able to enjoy with a week or so. Planning some long weekend trips and a week vacation to Branson/Ozarks. Rich

hookedonclassic 09-25-2005 07:22 PM

1992 29 Excella Classic for sale; 2006 34' Classic purchased

I found the old thread(only 1 year -wow) when I purchased our 29' and the warm welcome I received at that time from forums members. I thought it would be a good way to let you know that I am selling the trailer and have it now in the classified section here. I purchased 2006 34' Classic from a private party and they didn't want to have trade involved. SO, here's a chance for someone to have a very nice 1992 29' with full awnings. I wasn't expecting this to happen quite this quickly but I ran across a deal on a 34 that I couldn't pass up. I'll post a picture shortly. The 34' is so cool but I will miss the 29'. I wish my kids were ready to buy. Any buyers will be appreciated. Rich