Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f164/)
-   -   window weatherstrip direction (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f164/window-weatherstrip-direction-116980.html)

rbn9 03-08-2014 02:05 PM

window weatherstrip direction

1 Attachment(s)
Hello

After many, many hours of scraping and deegooing all of the windows of the argosy aka "linda". I was just wondering which direction to stick down the new weatherstrip... for it is not quite the same as the old one...

A or B ?

please help. I would rather not go through this again, for at least another hundred years ;)

TAHNKS.

perryg114 03-08-2014 02:06 PM

A is the correct direction.

Perry

Inland RV Center, In 03-08-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbn9 (Post 1425144)
Hello

After many, many hours of scraping and deegooing all of the windows of the argosy aka "linda". I was just wondering which direction to stick down the new weatherstrip... for it is not quite the same as the old one...

A or B ?

please help. I would rather not go through this again, for at least another hundred years ;)

TAHNKS.

There is a far better gasket for your windows that is hollow "D" shaped.

Most owners use it when replacing the gaskets, since it's also an upgrade, and does a far superior sealing job.

Andy

Andey

rbn9 03-11-2014 07:32 PM

window frame question

1 Attachment(s)
THANK's a lot for the help...

One last question ;) I am in the process of changing the old cracked plexie glass on the front window (the one between the 2 wrap windows) with a new tempered glass but can not pull the frame apart I chased out the rivets... but it seems to be glued or stuck...

please help

merci Ron

perryg114 03-11-2014 08:06 PM

It maybe stuck together. A heat gun might heat soften the bond but don't get crazy.

Perry

Inland RV Center, In 03-12-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbn9 (Post 1426775)
THANK's a lot for the help...

One last question ;) I am in the process of changing the old cracked plexie glass on the front window (the one between the 2 wrap windows) with a new tempered glass but can not pull the frame apart I chased out the rivets... but it seems to be glued or stuck...

please help

merci Ron

There is a steel plate in the corners, that when it becomes rusted, it makes a super bond between the aluminum framing sections.

Most always, when that happens, you cannot separate the framing without damaging it.

If you have a broken window, make an insurance claim.

Andy

rbn9 03-13-2014 07:42 AM

window assembly

1 Attachment(s)
VICTORY :))

Thank's for all the help... With a chalumeau and some RUST CHECK✔ and lots of patience... et voila disassembly achieved.

Could not have been possible without removing the old plexie(window)...

merci... Ron

perryg114 03-13-2014 10:55 AM

Congratulations, you just earned your first Airstream restoration merit badge.

Perry