Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Photography (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415/)
-   -   October 2013 Photo Contest (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415/october-2013-photo-contest-110806.html)

nilesrob 10-01-2013 05:00 PM

October 2013 Photo Contest

There are three kinds of places to go in Airstreams: 1) places we have already been, 2) places we want to go but have not been, and 3) places we donít know we donít know (but if we did we might want to go). Letís help each other out with #2 and #3!

So, this monthís photo contest is:

Where has my Airstream taken me?

A photo of an Airstream in your entry may be interesting but it will not be relevant to this monthís contest. The only rule is that your Airstream was involved in getting you to (near) your destination. Think of your Airstream simply as the base camp. For example, if you traveled to the White Mountains in your Airstream and then you hiked Mount Washington and took a fabulous photo from the peak, bingo Ė great! Thatís what we want to see!

The idea is to show some of the best, most beautiful, interesting, unique places you have gone with your Airstream, places you have been and canít wait to share with others; perhaps places that others might like to add to their own bucket list. Iíd like to get photo entries from all 50 states (OK, 49), Canada, Mexico, the UK, Australia and any other countries Ė we live in a beautiful world Ė letís share!

Please include itsí location (as specific as possible) in the title, a brief description about the photo, and maybe why you selected this photo. It could be a most awesome sunset/sunrise, a funny sight in the middle of nowhere, an inspiring location, the most stunning place you have visited, a place that your children adored, or a photo of a location that for whatever reason holds a special place in your heartÖ But your Airstream is what allowed you to get there, and you would love to tell the story and share with others. Come the end of October, we should have collected a photo journal of some incredible places Ė think Life Magazine (dating myself).

From a judging perspective, I envision the winning photo best captures the interest, uniqueness, beauty, fun, awe Ė you know, all the reasons we own and love our Airstreams. Let the amazing photos and stories begin!

sandlapper 10-01-2013 05:48 PM

Sounds good Brad, let the show begin.....

John

SteveSueMac 10-01-2013 06:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Calvin Coolidge Homestead

(Sorry - I can't seem to do official titles on my iPhone...)

We recently stayed at the KOA in White River Junction near Quechee Gorge in Vermont SPECIFICALLY to have a base from which to visit the Calvin Coolidge homestead and museum in Plymouth, VT.

We had seen a story about this on CBS Sunday Morning an were so moved by the story of his swearing in (by his father, no less - a justice of the peace who when asked why he felt he was authorized to swear in the President said, "no one told me I couldn't." )

The first photo is the contest entry. It's the actual room in which the swearing in took place. The other pictures are a better description of the story and a painting of the event in the museum which is truly a loving tribute.

I never could have imagined how compelling the entire experience would be - but it was thoroughly delightful and I highly recommend it!

Great idea for a contest - the fact that we could camp and spend a day at this site was a real treat. LOVE our Airstrsreaming life!!!! :-)

Attachment 196863

Attachment 196864

Attachment 196865

Hittenstiehl 10-01-2013 06:09 PM

Congratulations to last months winners.

Considering all the great places you all have traveled to this will be another great month for photo's. I am looking forward to seeing your stunning pics and expanding my wish lit of places to go based on your photo's.

SNAP AWAY

nilesrob 10-01-2013 10:45 PM

Stevesuemac, you nailed it! Nice job.

So we have an entry from VT - keep them coming!

enived2 10-01-2013 10:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We just returned from our 2nd trip with our 67 Globetrotter. The first photo is on our way to Elk Creek Campground in Grand Lake, CO. The picture was taken near Berthoud Falls. I love the reflection of the mountains in our back window. The second picture is of a bull elk from our campsite. He was only about 30' away from us! There was a momma elk and 2 babies munching on grass nearby. He was keeping a good eye on us. The third picture is from Rocky Mountain National Park. We could only go about 10 miles up Trail Ridge Road because the road was closed due to snow. It was a bummer because we were looking forward to driving to Estes Park. The aspen trees had just started to turn colors. I am sure they are gorgeous this week! Elk Creek Campground was great. The new owners were awesome. Their bathrooms and showers are beautiful! We will definitely be back next year.

nilesrob 10-01-2013 11:20 PM

Enived2, gorgeous pictures! The elk is magnificent!

SteveSueMac 10-02-2013 05:05 AM

I can see why you're envied!! :-)

Great pics!

nilesrob 10-02-2013 10:07 PM

We've got many more great places to hear from. C'mon, where has your Airstream taken you???

3 Dog Nite 10-04-2013 02:13 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a few from when we were traveling the west and Pacific Highway.

nilesrob 10-04-2013 05:34 PM

Nice job 3 Dog Nite!

Sitting here at the Balloon Fiesta, maybe we'll get some entries from here.

Any good places your Airstream has taken you? Michigan, Massachusetts, Maine? Alaska, Alabama?

sandlapper 10-04-2013 05:59 PM

Dang Brad and Karen, you 2 sure do get around. Lucky you!!!

John Boy

SteveSueMac 10-04-2013 06:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Maine? Did someone say Maine?

First image is the contest entry. This is the Bailey Island Bridge in Harpswell, ME. This is literally the only bridge of it kind in the world (see 3rd pic and zoom in on the text of the plaque). A nowhere-else-in-the-world engineering solution to a unique combination of needs. The second picture is a closer view of the "basket weaved" granite. Fascinating!

Took a tour here recently while camping on the ocean in southern Maine and read in the forum about Orr's Island. Actually made a trip to that campground to see about checking in for next year :-)

Would know nothing about any of this without our Tin Goat and this amazing forum!

Attachment 197084

Attachment 197085

Attachment 197086

SteveSueMac 10-04-2013 06:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More Maine - did someone ask for more Maine? :-)

This doesn't exactly fit the spirit of this month's contest but the first pic is a shot of the view from our "campsite" in York, ME. The second gives you a sense of why I put "campsite" in quotes :-) - more accurate to call it a parking space but we were never looking in this direction :-)
Third pic is self-explanatory silliness.

Attachment 197087

Attachment 197089

Attachment 197090

JDS 10-04-2013 07:08 PM

Well, SteveSueMac, did you succeed in pulling that AS with your bike (bottom picture, previous post)? Curious minds want to know!

John S.

SteveSueMac 10-04-2013 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDS (Post 1363016)
Well, SteveSueMac, did you succeed in pulling that AS with your bike (bottom picture, previous post)? Curious minds want to know!

John S.

Well, uhm.....sure....yeah - I got it going....just wish I had put the awning down first! :-)

Attachment 197094

SteveSueMac 10-04-2013 07:28 PM

By the way - moving it with the bike is easy. Stopping it....not so much :-)

JDS 10-04-2013 07:42 PM

If you had unfurled all the awnings, maybe you might have got it to take flight!

John S.

Schools Out 10-04-2013 08:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I heard Michigan....Here are a few that include Lake Michigan...And, yes our Land Yacht brought us to each spot.
First picture taken from the upper deck of the S.S. Badger as we begin crossing the lake...leaving Ludington MI & cruising into a beautiful sunset at the start of a trip to the Badlands, The Black Hills, Mt. Rushmore, etc. in SD.
2nd picture is our own piece of paradise, camping on Lake MI near Hart MI.
3rd picture is a unique perspective of the Mighty Mac. Taken while boating under the bridge.
4th is the view from the campground where the LY was "harbored".

nilesrob 10-04-2013 08:32 PM

School's Out, that's what I'm talking about! Nicely done.

Do we have some photos from the Dakotas, Delaware??

Lumatic 10-05-2013 08:27 AM

Slaughter Canyon Cave, Carlsbad, NM

2 Attachment(s)
"The Klansman"

nilesrob 10-05-2013 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice Lumatic! Being claustrophobic I will only ever see the insides of these caves from pictures. Nice to see a destination from NM!!

This is not an entry, (it might be a bit declasse to compete in my own competition) but I'd have to enter the Owl Cafe as my NM (San Antonio) entry - best green chili cheeseburger, although I have been told by others that there are other great places as well.

Lumatic 10-05-2013 01:48 PM

http://owlcafealbuquerque.com/wp-con...t-featured.png Here's Albuquerque's Owl Cafe

Lumatic 10-06-2013 10:11 AM

Hot Springs

1 Attachment(s)
Hot Springs on the south fork of the Payette River, Sawtooth Mountains, Grandjean, Idaho

nilesrob 10-06-2013 06:47 PM

Great entry, Lumatic, thank you. I'll bet that water is less than 80 degrees.

So Idaho looks like a cool place to go. Apparently there is nothing worth seeing in California, Oregon or Washington?? There must be some awesome places your Airstream has taken you folks...?

SteveSueMac 10-06-2013 07:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
How about Glenn's Falls in the finger lakes of New York? Daisy and I enjoyed a walk around a vineyard with a great view of the valley. That's the first pic. The second is what some kind fellow campers left behind at the local KOA to share with our mascot :-)

Attachment 197218

Attachment 197219

Lumatic 10-07-2013 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used to live in Glens Falls!

Here goes Oregon. On the Oregon Trail.

SteveSueMac 10-07-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumatic (Post 1364121)
I used to live in Glens Falls!

Here goes Oregon. On the Oregon Trail.

Well, my apologies for butchering your former town's name :-)

And love the pic from the trail!

nilesrob 10-07-2013 08:50 PM

Nothing says "vineyard" like a bottle of Andre Champagne.

Nice to see the double-wide from the Oregon Trail!

mvperini 10-07-2013 09:08 PM

sunset near Depoe Bay oregon

3 Attachment(s)
camping on the Oregon Coast, a beautiful place and a gorgeous sunset

nilesrob 10-07-2013 09:12 PM

Beautiful pics - personally can't wait to travel/camp the Oregon coast!

nilesrob 10-07-2013 09:44 PM

Ellsworth, Kansas

2 Attachment(s)
OK, another "not an entry".

On a recent drive we saw those wind farms and decided to see just how big they are.

There are two photos, one with me standing at the base, and one with our TV and Airstream. These things are BIG! I estimate they stand about 250 feet tall, and the housing unit at the center of the three blades is probably about the size of two 34 Classics side by side. You could fit an Airstream inside the base if you stood it on end (we did not attempt, just my estimate - my bride rejected my idea to try).

Got any interesting places you have been with your Airstream you care to share?

deecarr 10-07-2013 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2013 Albuquerque balloon fiesta rally

jkinglet 10-07-2013 10:39 PM

This experience needs two pictures. Mid-last week I towed the FC to Grayland Beach State Park on the Washington coast the day after two major storms battered the ocean beaches. Both pictures were shot at Midway Beach, between Tokeland and Grayland Washington, two small mid-coastal towns. The first picture was mid-day as the storm clouds began to break up with lots of standing water from the heavy rains. The clouds scattered during the day and gathered on the horizon at sunset (about 6:30 p.m.).
Jeff

http://www.jefflarsen.com/airstream/cloudyocean.jpg
http://www.jefflarsen.com/airstream/oceansunset.jpg

nilesrob 10-08-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkinglet (Post 1364232)
This experience needs two pictures. Mid-last week I towed the FC to Grayland Beach State Park on the Washington coast the day after two major storms battered the ocean beaches. Both pictures were shot at Midway Beach, between Tokeland and Grayland Washington, two small mid-coastal towns. The first picture was mid-day as the storm clouds began to break up with lots of standing water from the heavy rains. The clouds scattered during the day and gathered on the horizon at sunset (about 6:30 p.m.).
Jeff

http://www.jefflarsen.com/airstream/cloudyocean.jpg
http://www.jefflarsen.com/airstream/oceansunset.jpg

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Make me be there.

And, BTW, nice to see representative pictures from Washington state!

nilesrob 10-08-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deecarr (Post 1364210)
2013 Albuquerque balloon fiesta rally

Darth lurking. Tell me the ALB Balloon Fiesta should not be on EVERYONE's bucket list. Our first time, and what an amazing event. Great pic!!

nilesrob 10-10-2013 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nutha nottah entry.

Russell Pond campground in the White Mountain National Forest in or near Lincoln, NH not far from the western end of the Kancamagus Highway. Camped (boon docked) when we had our 34', which was a wee bit of a stretch. Just gorgeous, remote, private, quiet.

Just trying to get the juices flowing. Where has your Airstream taken you?

dirigible25 10-10-2013 08:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The river is the Hoaquim River in Hoaquim WA right next to the campground. The other picture was our destination for lunch at the Roosevelt Lodge and Lake Quinalt in the Olympic rain forest. If you want to know why they call it a rain forest, one look at the totem pole on the lodge, which doubles as a rain fall indicator, and you will see for 2012 (we were there during the summer of 2013) the annual rain fall was 14.5 FEET, (yes Feet), and that is why it is a rain forest.

dirigible25 10-10-2013 08:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These are a couple of shots taken in July 2013 in Yellowstone. We were staying at the KOA in West Yellowstone and driving into the park each day.

jkinglet 10-12-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilesrob (Post 1364599)
Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Make me be there.

And, BTW, nice to see representative pictures from Washington state!

Thanks Brad...fun to live here!

jkinglet 10-12-2013 11:33 PM

The Mountain

2 Attachment(s)
Sunset and Mt. Rainier looking north west from Frenchman Hills near Othello in central Washington State Wednesday October 9, 2013. We towed the FC to the lovely Potholes State Park for a few days in the sun and Sandhill Crane migration photography. (picture 2) Sandhill Cranes (and a duck, might be a teal) fly from a plowed corn field feeding area over central Washington State to their roost in the valley below October 10, 2013. Jeff

Attachment 197647

Attachment 197648

nilesrob 10-13-2013 08:56 AM

jkonglet, those are AMAZING photos!! Great!

Anyone else? Where has your Airstream taken you? Any cool places in Texas? I know there are - I am sitting in one as we speak (Marfa).

Lumatic 10-13-2013 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jlinglet- Your photos are amazing. By the way heard my first sand hill crane overhead this year here in Estancia, NM yesterday. A major wintering ground is Apache Wildlife Refuge here in NM where hundred of thousands of snow geese, sand hills and a dozen or so whoopers winter.

Here's a shot from Rainer, but it does not compare with yours, just your standard stand by the sign so I can prove I was there shot

Tedd 10-13-2013 10:23 AM

The Road to Nowhere

1 Attachment(s)
From a recent trip to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

nilesrob 10-13-2013 07:35 PM

Tedd, nice shot and nice to see Tennessee in the mix (I assume?).

Also, dirigible25, that eagle shot is amazing (well, both are great, actually!). How did you get it to pose like that?

We've not traveled Montana with our AS, other than to touch it on our way to Yellowstone. Any cool places your Airstream has taken you there??

nilesrob 10-13-2013 08:04 PM

We are now approximately 41.93548% through the month and we have some great shots from about 11 states so far (VT, CO, ME, MI, NM, ID, NY, OR, WA, TN, WY); historic shots from New England, gorgeous landscapes from Washington and Oregon and other places, wildlife shots that could be on the cover of magazines... Excellent entries so far!!

Keep them coming! From a personal standpoint, I'd love to see some cool places in California Airstreams have taken their owners. Not too much from the southeast or midwest so far, and I know there have got to be some great places to go there.

Fun pics so far!!

Lumatic 10-13-2013 08:42 PM

Here goes Utah

2 Attachment(s)
1. Coyote Buttes 2. White Pocket / In the Grand Staircase

switz 10-13-2013 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was our first Airstream Group activity and third trip with our Airstream trailer

Grapes 10-14-2013 09:41 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Ooooh a contest!!! I'm in for ARIZONA!!!

Attachment 197767

Attachment 197768

Attachment 197769

Attachment 197770

Attachment 197771

Attachment 197772

Attachment 197773

dirigible25 10-14-2013 07:13 PM

Thanks Nilesrob "Also, dirigible25, that eagle shot is amazing (well, both are great, actually!). How did you get it to pose like that?

He was sitting on his perch in the tree and was looking around, this was one of many shots that I took before he flew off. Of course I wasn't looking when he lifted off, or that could have been the better of all the pictures I took of him.

nilesrob 10-14-2013 07:56 PM

Lumatic, some perdy nice UT shots! Switz, not bad being at the balloon fiesta as your third trip out! And Grapes, nice shots in AZ - haven't heard from AZ before now.

It's kind of interesting - apparently no one's Airstream has taken them to any good restaurants? Ours was so kind this evening to take us to Shady Grove in Austin. Green chili fries, Catfish, chicken fried steak. Booyeah.

dirigible25 10-14-2013 08:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few from the Bend and Sisters area of OR. The waterfall is from one of the trailheads off the highway, and the lake is off another trailhead. We spent several days in the area and got in a lot of good hikes. The pond with the fountain is at the Bend/Sisters Garden RV Park in OR.

Alumaholic 10-14-2013 08:13 PM

Kartchner Caverns and Tubac Mission

2 Attachment(s)
Our trip to Kartchner Caverns included a sidetrip to the very photographical Tubac Mission:

RangerJay 10-14-2013 08:38 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Our bucket list following retirement was short - see all the great parks on the continent - the mechanism for being able to accomplish that was a shiny new 2002 Bambi (purchased in 2003) - she has hosted that trip every kilometre of the way. We've managed to put quite a dent in that bucket - and here is a tiny sprinkling of the stops inside it - these ones include Newfoundland, British Columbia, Yukon, Alaska, South Dakota, Colorado and (of course) Heaven (that would be Iowa).

Great theme - and some stunning pictures.

Thanks,

Jay

SteveSueMac 10-14-2013 08:53 PM

RangerJay - that's a stunning collection of beautiful sites captured beautifully!! Breathtaking!!

JDS 10-14-2013 09:06 PM

RangerJay,

Thanks for the showing Iowa a little love!

John S. (from the Hawkeye state)

switz 10-15-2013 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We passed this natural arch on Highway NM 177 between Quemado and Grants, NM enroute to the Albuquerque Ballon Festival.

nilesrob 10-15-2013 04:25 PM

Man o' man, we are getting some great pics - keep'm coming!!

Where has your Airstream taken you?

jkinglet 10-15-2013 05:42 PM

Land and Sea, Washington State

2 Attachment(s)
Picture number 1 is another from earlier this month on the Washington coast between Tokeland and Grayland (mid-coast). Interesting cloud formations sprout up on the coast this time of year at sunset, especially after two major storms hammered the beaches. Shot with my handy-dandy smart phone.
Picture number 2 is from Potholes State Park last week in central Washington State on O'Sullivan Reservoir where hundreds of American Coots congregate to feed. The Cooter Scooter I call it. Jeff

Attachment 197976

Attachment 197977

Lumatic 10-15-2013 06:22 PM

Wigwam Motel

1 Attachment(s)
Rt 66, Holbrook, AZ

Lumatic 10-15-2013 06:29 PM

1st Breeder REactor

1 Attachment(s)
Arco, Idaho

Lumatic 10-15-2013 06:36 PM

Vla

1 Attachment(s)
This is part of the VLA, Otherwise known at the "Very Large Array". Near Magdelena, NM. No that's not a Matchbox toy.

Hittenstiehl 10-15-2013 07:56 PM

Nice photo's everyone, like the VLA one looks very area 51ish.

Zeppelinium 10-15-2013 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Marshall, you made me do it...

Attachment 197985

Zeppelinium 10-15-2013 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bowron Park, BC

Attachment 197986

Chasmorgan 10-15-2013 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our view at Ripple Rock RV park north of Campbell River BC.

Attachment 197987

Fly at Night 10-15-2013 08:44 PM

Contrails

Airstreams and airplanes.......they take me someplace far away.

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL194.../407802753.jpg

(Sunshine Valley, B.C., early this morning).

subfan1 10-15-2013 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Crystal Cove State Beach Calif

redthies 10-15-2013 11:40 PM

I'll add a few... Enjoy!

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...c66aca3e02.jpg

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...c4d54bbd85.jpg

Both at Flaming Gorge Utah

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...2d607c70ee.jpg

Oregon Coast

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...ada3883ad2.jpg

Champoeg State Park. Willamette Valley Oregon

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...9a91cbb1fa.jpg

Metchosin BC. Across Jaun de Fuca Straight from Port Angeles Washington

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...8cc5d9a288.jpg

Monitor Pass, southeast of Markleeville California

sandlapper 10-16-2013 05:44 AM

Awesome pix folks, thanks for putt'em out there.

Brad ole boy, got your work cut out for ya!!!!

John

PS: see you in Ga.

Lumatic 10-16-2013 08:29 AM

Big Bend Texas

1 Attachment(s)
Big Bend Texas

Zeppelinium 10-16-2013 08:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yellowstone

Attachment 198017

Attachment 198018

Zeppelinium 10-16-2013 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Muley Point, above the Goosenecks of the San Juan

Attachment 198019

Zeppelinium 10-16-2013 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mono Lake

Attachment 198020

Zeppelinium 10-16-2013 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kalalock Creek, WA

Attachment 198021

Zeppelinium 10-16-2013 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Big sky country, but in Utah near Idaho.

Attachment 198022

TinCrumpet 10-16-2013 09:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeppelinium (Post 1367932)

I LOVE these..
The reflection on the side for one ..
Im there..bobbing along in the front seat ...
arm on the window..chin in hand..staring to sea..
not 100% relaxed as scouting for cars coming the other way ..:)

The Puffa Puffa for 2
Took me back to the Steam Engines last week in the North of England..

Zeppelinium 10-16-2013 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Death Valley at sunset

Attachment 198023

Zeppelinium 10-16-2013 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mojave Desert, with lights of Lancaster in the background.

Attachment 198026

Zeppelinium 10-16-2013 09:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The Wickiup, off I-70 on the San Rafael Swell (like 1/4 mile off the highway).

Attachment 198027

Attachment 198028

Zeppelinium 10-16-2013 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Palmer Lake, CO, with the city far away. It's good to be home at 7,000'.

Attachment 198029

TinCrumpet 10-16-2013 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumatic (Post 1366552)
Jlinglet- Your photos are amazing. By the way heard my first sand hill crane overhead this year here in Estancia, NM yesterday. A major wintering ground is Apache Wildlife Refuge here in NM where hundred of thousands of snow geese, sand hills and a dozen or so whoopers winter.

Here's a shot from Rainer, but it does not compare with yours, just your standard stand by the sign so I can prove I was there shot

For what its worth I love the
motherly tenderness on the pretty girls arm ..

nilesrob 10-16-2013 02:29 PM

Oh my goodness, some great pics! And finally some more west coast pictures. Zeppelinium, that shot of Palmer Lake is just gorgeous, BTW. Sandlapper, you are right - what have I got myself in for here?

So any more cool pics from the mid-Atlantic states? More from New England? Where are the great places in the southeast?? Upper Peninsula? Adirondack's? Australia, UK, Europe?

Where has your Airstream taken you?? Your Airstream doesn't need to be in the picture. Share your coolest places - we won't tell a soul - your secret will be safe with us!

Fly at Night 10-16-2013 02:46 PM

The Second Part of my Entry......

To the poorhouse..... :sad:

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL194.../407809666.jpg

Lumatic 10-16-2013 03:29 PM

No Burning Man photos yet!

nilesrob 10-16-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly at Night (Post 1368062)

To the poorhouse..... :sad:

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL194.../407809666.jpg

Hysterical; love it.

Sheridan 10-16-2013 05:51 PM

WOW! Zep, some of those shots are biblical. Great work!

Lumatic 10-16-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheridan (Post 1368136)

Of Course. Zeppelinium is related to Zebulon who first made chariots out of aluminum

SteveSueMac 10-16-2013 06:29 PM

I gotta agree - outstanding shots, Zep!!

RangerJay 10-16-2013 07:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheridan (Post 1368136)

Holy smoke - biblical - a whole new category!

These are a couple shots of the Basilica of Sainte Anne de Beaupres - about 30 kilometres west of Quebec City - an incredible place - not only as a holy place of pilgrimage for the past 350 years - but what an architectural treasure!

Jay

nilesrob 10-16-2013 07:52 PM

More awesome shots!

A small representation of Iowa, but come on, no great places you have been to in the heartland of America that your Airstream has taken you?

And we have almost no great places in the southeast? I beg to differ - let's share some great places there!

Mid-Atlantic? Manitoba? Saskatchewan?

Lumatic 10-16-2013 08:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
No churches but the cemetary in Terlingua TX which is still open for guests

SteveSueMac 10-16-2013 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More New England?

The bridge that welcomes you to Maine (from the southern border).

Attachment 198081

SteveSueMac 10-16-2013 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Daisy's first ice cream cone somewhere in the Finger Lakes...

(This is an attraction to Daisy's people - your mileage may vary :-) )

Attachment 198082

SteveSueMac 10-16-2013 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A VERY creative "lunch box" by the wonderful folks of the New England Unit of the WBCCI at this year's "Diggin' The Dead" rally in Freeport, ME. Wonderful lesson on the history of New England gravestones and burial practices - and a few tie-dyed t-shirts and some "Friend of the Devil" humming heard over the lobstah bake campfire :-)

We still have the lunch boxes in our trailer! :-)

Attachment 198083

Lumatic 10-16-2013 09:09 PM

Dog is my copilot

1 Attachment(s)
Judy our navigator

AlaskaSafari 10-16-2013 11:42 PM

I just finished a 30 day, 7,000+/- mile trip from North Pole, Alaska to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I can't even count the number of breathtaking sites I saw along the way - the last cross-continent trip was many moons ago. It would be easy to pick any of the national or state parks, but for me, one of the most memorable places The 'Stream took me was a tiny little bump in the road in Randolph County, NC.

I stumbled across the former Enterprise Manufacturing mill town of Coleridge, NC while running the blue highways heading "home". The original wood grist mill was built in the mid 1800's and rebuilt after a fire around 1880. At the height of the towns glory, there was the grist mill, which made "Our Leader" flour, a vast textile mill, a company general store, the Bank of Coleridge, company offices, and a host of other accessory buildings and employee homes. The brick bank, store, and offices have long since been abandoned and are falling in on themselves but the textile mill building is still in private use and the grist mill is still generating power. The photographer in me wad in hog heaven.

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...f59c154022.jpg

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...c540b526c5.jpg

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...9b847f94e1.jpg

Lumatic 10-17-2013 01:50 AM

1 am Thursday morning

1 Attachment(s)
I woke up at 1am and don't have anything better to do so I will post another pic.

One of the many waterfalls in the Columbia River Gorge.

RangerJay 10-17-2013 09:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nilesrob (Post 1368199)

A small representation of Iowa .....

You're right - I could probably have done a little better job at representing a very scenic trip through the Iowa countryside, topped off with a visit to the "Field of Dreams" movie site, when we drove through the State a few weeks ago. If you are at all a fan of baseball movies and Kevin Costner this is a great place to seek out - if you are lucky they occasionally have an evening game where the ghost players come out of the corn field (we missed it by a day).

Thanks,

Jay

garthbf 10-17-2013 10:41 AM

Tractor Show

6 Attachment(s)
Tractor Show, Lynden Wa.
These photos are from 2009. They have a show the first full weekend in Aug. every year.