Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (
-   Full-Timing (
-   -   Finally Fulltimers (

StanandLynn 08-02-2013 04:28 AM

Finally Fulltimers
We sold the house furnished and are set to close in two weeks. Currently sorting through all of the "stuff" to either sell, give away, throw away or store. So far this has been the hardest part. Everything we're keeping is fitting in a 5' x 15' acclimatized storage room with room to spare. Wonder if it will be worth the $59 per month to still have it after the adventure is over. The family doesn't really understand us. The kids do, but they know how we are. In fact, they are part of the reason for this dramatic change in lifestyle. One is in Maine and the other in south Georgia. Not too bad for places to hang out some.

No real plans yet, just hoping to find our groove. We're signed up for some rallies and we need to go to Jackson Center for some warranty work but other than that we're wide open. Looking forward to the freedom. Freedom from mundane expectations and perceived responsibilities. Thinking of spending the Fall in New England and winter in Florida. Looking at going west next year. Of course, plans are always subject to change. We're not really the type to make reservations unless it is a rally.

We took the dinette out of the 27FB and put in a table and Euro recliner and we carefully chose some pictures and furnishings to make it feel like home. Trying to find places to store everything has been a job. The truck bed is stuffed with generators, grill, chairs, blue tank, water tanks, tools, etc. Wondering how long it will be before we start looking for a moho. We really love our trailer, though. Just hope it doesn't start closing in on us. We did 6 months in a 34 footer two years ago and did fine. But we still had a home to keep all the "stuff". We'll see how it goes.

All tips and suggestions from you seasoned veterans are appreciated. Ideas for places to visit as well as tips for living the full-timing lifestyle would be greatly appreciated. I've learned so much from reading through the threads on the forum. Other RV forums as well. Joined Escapees. Parents are doing the mail. I bought a scanner and showed Dad how to use it to email the important stuff to us. Almost all of our bills (what's left of them) are online. Verizon for cell and internet.

Two more weeks until the rest of our life. Excited.

sandlapper 08-02-2013 04:37 AM

Dang Stan and Lynn, we are envious of your new adventure/lifestyle. Something we have always dreamed about.

Have a great time, travel safe, see you at Alumalina.

John and Susan

StreamNTyme 08-02-2013 04:55 AM

Congratulations on your new adventure. Sounds wonderful! If you need a stop, you are always welcomed here on the coast w water and power. Safe Travels

Florida 55 08-02-2013 06:14 AM

Stan and Lynn,

Susan and I are happy for you to be able to live your dream. We look forward to meeting up with you on the road from time to time.

All the best.

truxpin 08-02-2013 06:46 AM

Exciting ain't it ! One big thing for us ( and we're still making adjustments!) is dwindling down all the kitchen stuff we had. We brought a lot of it with us and are slowly finding things that we just dont need or use certain things often enough to justify taking up the space with. My guess is 6 months to a year to fine tune the storage "arrangements"
Good Luck to you & enjoy!

Alumitater 08-02-2013 06:51 AM

Stan & Lynn,
"Enjoy your Journey - Not just your Destination"! (our favorite quote)

We look forward to seeing you January and February. If you you would like to explore the Mobile Bay area while you are down south we have 2 state parks within 3 miles of us - Mayher SP and Blakeley SP.

Many "Full Timer" blessings!

noreen&sal 08-02-2013 07:22 AM

We also wish You both the best of luck. We are in the "talking about selling the house stage" lately. 50 years of accumulation makes it tough, but the upkeep is starting to get old. I like that Maine-Florida plan. Good Lord willing we'll see you at Topsail. Sal

Lily&Me 08-02-2013 08:05 AM

Sounds absolutely delightful! :blush:

Good luck and enjoy your journey. :flowers:

Frank&Mike 08-02-2013 04:25 PM

We'll Be Following Your Steps Soon
I'll be following your thread closely and hope to benefit from any advice you have to offer.

m.hony 08-02-2013 04:59 PM

I get excited reading of others' plans to be full timers. We are still a house divided. I would drop everything and start right now, but my wife says the trailer is too small.
Maybe we will see you at Canopener.

sandlapper 08-02-2013 06:18 PM

Stan, don't look back, the road is out front.

Hope you will have space to pack your key board.

Aviator 08-02-2013 07:15 PM

That is so wonderful. Make sure to find a spot for the keyboard! WE look forward to camping with you.

cwf 08-02-2013 09:56 PM

Not envious, but I am very happy you are getting the dream together!

Luckyducks 08-03-2013 07:12 AM

Stan and Lynn, We hope to join you often. Russ has only 6 more weeks of work to go! Yeah! Let's get going. Adventure and life await. We wish you safe travels. Birthday sis, Linda. :flowers: