Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (
-   Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes (
-   -   Panorama drape rails missing (

Gary H 03-17-2013 02:03 PM

Panorama drape rails missing
2 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

I have a 1976 rear bath Argosy and it is missing the panoramic front window rails and standoffs both on the top and bottom. The left and right windows have them and below are pictures. After diligently searching the internet I am having trouble finding the exact match. Does anyone know where I can locate these as my wife wants to install the complete drapes again.

Thanks, Gary.

overlander63 03-17-2013 02:16 PM

I am not allowed to post links to where I work, but give the Airstream dealer in the same city shown in my profile, ask for parts, and they should be able to help you.

Lumatic 03-17-2013 02:28 PM

It's just my guess but I doubt those rails are available new an are hard to find used.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but I have always found this design of hanging drapes troublesome. Maybe someone has a better idea that will help both me and Gary

msmcv51 03-21-2013 10:33 AM

You might want to try the factory. I got a piece of rail for over the kitchen sink that the dealer said they never made and he has been doing Airstreams since 1966.

azflycaster 03-21-2013 10:37 AM

I found the rails I needed here:
Curtain Tracks & Drapery Track Systems |

TinLoaf 03-21-2013 11:13 AM

I found the same hardware used by Airstream available at Inland RV. It's pretty expensive, so I went with the cheaper version available from Vintage Trailer Supply. Unfortunately the tracks from Vintage Trailer Supply are very sloppy and the plastic runners (also purchased from VTS) can slip right out of the rail. I used a pliers to bend the rails and help close the gap. I wish I had paid more and gone with the good stuff.

Curtain Hardware

Inland RV Center Inc.

Hope that helps.

Gary H 03-22-2013 06:22 AM