|Air Forums Community Rules
Registering and participating at Airforums.com constitutes agreement to abide by the Social Knowledge Network Terms of Service (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without giving prior notice to you.
There is no charge for joining this Forum! This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in Airstream trailers and motorhomes. Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand and above all be nice. If you encounter any violations to these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Forums Contact Form (bottom of every page). We'll be happy to address your concerns.
We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again.Welcome newcomers to our growing community. Many of our community's members have a wealth of knowledge and much to share. Please help new members learn about how to find information and resources and how to get involved in the Community. Our underlying philosophy is that the relationships we build here are what sets us apart from other boards - we are more friendly, helpful, insightful, respectful and fun.
- Our rules extend to all sections of the website including private messaging.
- Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, extreme belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
- Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
- Harassment, stalking or predatory behavior will not be tolerated.
- Do not post the same discussion in more than one forum.
- Participants may not post or bump threads to pad post counts. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.
- Posts containing explicit, obscene or vulgar language, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter will be removed.
- Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account.
- Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
- NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a vendor account has been established and then only in areas here where advertising is expressly permitted. Exception to this may be found in Signature standards (see below).
- Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
- Discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are permitted only in association with the topic of this forum and will be closed or removed if they become disruptive.
- We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.
Forum members should use the standard fonts available on the forum. The standard font size is 2. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color.
E-mail and web address are not appropriate forum user names.
Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.
The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you may legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to source.The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
Signatures must be setup in your profile rather than manually added to your messages. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
Classifieds Posting Rules
- Signatures must be kept to a maximum of three lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than two non-commercial links.
- Signatures may not include email addresses, phone numbers, links to competing websites, prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
- Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded.
- Premium/supporting members may have 4 signature lines and include an additional link to another non-commercial website.
Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
- Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds.
- Multiple ads are not permitted unless prior approval has been obtained by AIRforums. Actively participating forums members may request permission to post multiple ads by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of the page.
- Do not place ads directing others to an e-bay or other online sale or directing others to another website.
- Ads automatically expire after a set period of time and upon expiring may be renewed or reposted.
- Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
- Only ads for used items andpertaining to the topic of the community are permitted in our classifieds.
Blog space is provided as a membership benefit for our members. We reserve the right to remove content that does not conform to our forum rules. Members may edit their own blogs as well as manage comments posted to their blog, by others.
Blogs are not intended for commercial use or advertising or for the sole purpose of linking to another site. If you wish to post a link to your blog or personal website, please use our links library.
Airstream Related Commercial Posting
AIRForums was founded as a medium for the exchange of thoughts, ideas, questions, experiences and knowledge related to Airstreams, Airstream history, renovation and camping, and sharing that information in a friendly, non-commercial atmosphere. We recognize, however, that many of the most experienced, informed members have an Airstream-related commercial interest and that their years of experience as an industry professional are the very foundation of their enhanced knowledge.
Because that wealth of experience and information is a treasured resource at AIRForums, we allow and encourage those members with a Airstream-related commercial interest to share their insight with all members and guests who visit AIRForums. No member is exempt from any portion of our Community Rules while participating at AIR, nor are those members with a related commercial interest restricted in their usage of any part of AIRForums. Every member is invited to participate in all areas of AIRForums, but when Commercial Members are discussing their own product, service or company, they must respect and conform to all Community Rules and participate within the following specific guidelines:
- Members who have a commercial interest in participating in our community may be identified as commercial members at our discretion. Any posts that are deemed to be unsuitable will be removed, and repeat offenders will have their account suspended.
- Commercial Members may not solicit our membership or advertise except as specifically allowed in these policies or by prior arrangement with Social Knowledge, LLC. This includes: posting prices, directing members to phone for more info or directing members to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages.
- Commercial Members may quote prices only in the Commercial Posts Forum.
- Commercial Members are prohibited from making direct, emotionally-charged posts to, or about, competitors.
- Commercial Members may not post product comparisons.
- Commercial Members may not use any section of the forum except the Commercial Posts Forum to discuss their product, service or company unless answering a direct question from another member, and even then may not quote prices outside the Commercial Posts Forum.
- Commercial Members may not use the main Forums to direct others to the Commercial Posts Forum.
- Signature Standards: Registered commercial members may have up to 3 signature lines including blank lines and one link. The format of this link shall be the vendors business name with an embedded link, font size 2 (see example below) and general location (city and state). Signatures may not include email addresses, phone numbers, prompts to contact or a sales pitch. Statements that promote the business outside of these guidelines will not be permitted. Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded. Commercial members also registered as Premium/supporting members may add a 4th signature line and include an additional link to a non-commercial website. Signatures found to be out of compliance may be edited by our site staff with no prior notice. Example signature:
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.
About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not infer that others have to publish your speech. AIRForums is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your right to Free Speech.
Site Management, Member Concerns & Account Closure
If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every forum page.
Participants may only have one account. Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.
We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways: change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and identifying information or replace it with fictitious info. We may change account options to refuse contact and/or ban the account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).
Someone has to interpret the above guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site staff to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact us.