Old 10-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Raleigh , North Carolina
What are these?

We are new to Airstreams, but super excited about our new purchase of a 57 Overlander. Not sure what all the thingamabobs do, and hoping someone can help!
Pictures attached below.
Is the spigot under the driver's front of the trailer for emptying, filling, or both for the water tank?
I was told the water system was operated under pressure (perhaps from the spare tire?). The original owner (an engineer) installed a tiny air compressor, and attached it to what looks like an filler neck. Is that the original filler neck, and why can't I open it (don't want to force too hard)?
What type of battery can I use to be "self contained" for those campgrounds without electric hookup?
I stupidly opened the 7 pin round connector and detached all the wires, in order to convert to a 7 pin flat connector. Now I don't know what each wire went to! (ooooops). How can I test each wire (without blowing any more fuses of my tow vehicle....) to find out what it controls? The coverings of the wires are so brittle and faded, I can't tell what color they are (and the PO loved electrical tape - the wires are quadruple wrapped in it)?
Many many thanks!
mzinn@nc.rr.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1432.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	113312   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1431.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	113313