Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1954 - 1959 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1958 26' Overlander
1958 22' Flying Cloud
coronado , California
'58 finally home

100 miles worth of 30 mile an hour cross winds, no breaks, no sway bars, a very brave boyfriend, a cold that landed me in the hospital and the 58 is finally home. Actually it has been home for 3 days but I have been too sick to go out and sit in it and really think about what I want to do first.
freeofecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Congrats! That 'figuring out what to do' stage is the second best part. The first best part is using it when it's done. Everything else is in between Enjoy!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Cardiff , California
Congratulations! You did it! I bet just sitting in it will make you feel better! It was all meant to be! Enjoy!
Ohanastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
The getting them home stories are some of the best to tell. You have a trailer very similar to mine I'll quess. Read the threads on cleaning up old trailers that may have been in mouse territory esp having been sick. You need to be careful until it's cleaned up and if you start pulling it apart.
Welcome to the overlander society.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Congratulations. I hope you have more time and ambition than I seem to have. Got my 58 home and got talked out of it by the guy who got me in to Airstreaming. He wanted a project and he knows what he's doing, so I thought she would be in much better hands than mine. I know you will have fun. My husband and I have had the best time making our Argosy just what we want. Now we are enjoying it almost every week-end. Please take pictures before you start and as you go along. I want to see what I'm missing. I envy you your energy. Take care of that cold too.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote