Old 04-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #100
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
windows and frames

I put the new seals in the glass and frames....have not cleaned and trimmed the excess sealant. It was messy and working the corners a bit of a chore with the sealant pre applied.

I made all new interior window frames. To many screw holes from previous owner and MANY coats of crappy paint.

I also made and installed a new rear hatch door.

Am holding off on the screens till I see Eds' screen frame ideas ....in ABQ .

I installed the tail light cans so I could apply sealant inside before the insulation and panels go in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stripping.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	184118   Click image for larger version

Name:	window frames new.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	400.1 KB
ID:	184119  

Name:	rear door new.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	184120   Click image for larger version

Name:	window seal new 1.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	184121  

Old 04-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
two days catch up

Weather break then back to work,...

Polish the Bubble.

My good idea went South. I used the excess, old, belly skin 2024. I could polish it. Made my rear access for and it looked great....until I polished it. That brought out all the defects in the surface. Glad I made another door out of new aluminum.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Polish 2.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	330.2 KB
ID:	184226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Polish 3.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	184227  

Name:	Polish 4.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	184228   Click image for larger version

Name:	polish.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	184229  

Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #102
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
mapleton , Utah
Robin, if you get those things any shinier they will be able to spot them from orbit.
looking really good.
see you next week in Alb.
yim
Old 05-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Needs some advice here

I want to install flush mount , small LED light fixtures.....you know the small round ones. Do you have a source and name brand? Price does matter.

As I rewire I plan a 12v outlet, a computer and phone recharging USB ? type panel. I need a guidance source for this too.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
all new interior skins

All the new 5052 aluminum interior panels are now cut and ready for installation.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #105
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
www.swego.com is a site I have used in the past for LED lighting. I know Uwe has used it as well.

Steve
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #106
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
I just checked out the "Swego" site from the above link, and they have some nice looking recessed LED lights, I don't recall hearing of them before. I was planning to check out "LED4rv.com" and the site that "544man" used, I think it was a marine lighting site.

About your new 5052 aluminimum skins for the interior, are you reusing the end caps and just replacing the "straight" skins? (That's what we discussed doing because of the end caps being a bit of a pain to cut and put together. If you did new end caps too, do you have a system for doing them to share?

About the electrical, my DH knows more about that than I do (thinking of wiring), I'll ask him, but I'm hoping others will share too. (I'm hoping to start polishing the exterior of our Bubble this week, then seal all seams, and then get on to removing the interior skins and doing what I can inside.)

Deb
Old 05-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #107
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
way to much aluminum

I am just replacing the sides and roof with new aluminum. The end caps will be Zolatone. There is a point for me where there can be to much aluminum and I loose the "comfy" feeling of the small Bubble. Following some guidance I got here, I chose a Zolatone and intermixed a blend with red flecks....hoping to tie in the coloring of the Brazilian Hickory flooring. We will see.

544s' lights are perfect....as is everything else. I will chase that today. Also chasing a ceramic bowl toilet....got any good leads?

I have narrowed my interior design down....just narrowed it. I am looking at a lav set up like the Flying cloud. It will use the same type sliding door. Except I will eliminate the shower and put my folding sink in its place. By the way, my sink is a stainless folding sink salvaged from a WW II submarine. We will see.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Now that you mention it, I do recall your mentioning before about Zolatoning the end caps, sorry about that. Sounds as though you made a good decision pulling a color out of the Brazilian flooring for the Zolatone colors, that will tie them together. If there is another color in the Zolatone which you like, you could use that and the red from the Zolatone/flooring in your window treats/upholstery (possibly with a neutral to tone them down) -- then the entire interior would be tied together designer style.

I think we are going to put the same toilet in the Bubble as we put into our '99 Safari, it has a china bowl but has some other parts which are plastic. We talked with P&S in Helena, OH, and Steve recommended the one we ended up with, saying he has it too, and since it has the china bowl we are good there (for cleanliness), but more cost effective because of having some plastic other parts. Anyway, the one we have is the Thetford Aqua-Magic Plus, and two years ago paid around $300 for it. I seem to remember the totally china toilet was around $200 +/- more. I know I don't need to mention this to you, but I'll do it anyway -- if your toilet will sit on top of the black tank, make certain you buy the low rise toilet so your wife doesn't have to use a step to use it. I'm saying this because I had to be reminded by Steve of P&S about this when we bought ours for the '99, and I thank him kindly.

I'm not familiar with the FC lav setup. When you say sliding door, do you mean pocket door? I like the concept of the pocket door, and would like to do one in our Bubble, that is if there's room for it; we're still undecided as to the entire floor plan. A folding stainless steel sink sounds wonderful for the bath. I've looked and tried to find a very small ss corner sink for in ours; the ones I found were larger than I wanted. I did find a small ss which I think was oval, and around 9"w or so.

About the aluminum interior, I'm thinking that since it's so small, our Bubble will probably have all available floor space around the walls taken up with bed/cabinets/dinette/water closet (can't say bathroom as we won't have a shower/bath , although I would like to at least have a wet bath). And, since so much of that will be wood, I believe that will drastically take away from inside glare. I'm planning on using cherry wood, but will have to see how pricing is when we get to that point. We did buy an Olympic riveter in case we want to add some cherry plywood over some of the aluminum if it's overwhelming looking in there.

Deb
Old 05-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Color check

Got the Zolatone on and now I am cleaning up all the little prep items.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Zolatone and floor check.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	185644  
Old 05-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #110
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Free Air Conditioners

Maybe trade IF YOU DON'T LIKE FREE. I pulled these off the Flying Cloud and the Bubble. One a Coleman Breeze Air....the other...? Both worked fine when removed. Includes all the "stuff" associated with the systems.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #111
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Are you putting a new AC on both bubbles?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #112
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Right now I am putting AC on the last one....Babs. She had an AC in place already and it was easiest to do it this way. Bub is wired and drain installed....I just put a Fantastic Fan on there to fit the look I wanted.

Today I cleaned up and reinforced the roof in prep for the AC com in soon. Will wire and insulate tomorrow. Come up here and get involved.