Old 02-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #225

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Very inspiring work. Thanks for sharing with us.

HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #226
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
this carpentry stuff is slow going

working on the bathroom inside...counter and sink surround. Trying to use all the space below the sink and around the wheel well for all the plumbing....valves, lines, pump, tank etc....that planning by and in itself is a job....this is a VERY space limited Bubble after all. Trying to figure out the black tank, toilet lighting now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath sink area framing.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	566.2 KB
ID:	205016   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2585_1329.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	205017  

Name:	DSCN2586_1330.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	205018  

Old 02-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #227
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Robin, she is really coming along! Is that your bathroom on the left side of the kitchen? If so, I guess that means that you've moved it from the original just inside the door on the right. We are still thinking on our layout, I'd like the bathroom to be back where it looks like yours is, but in that general area is where we're thinking we need to place our frig -- we want a little larger one than most would put in a Bubble, and there just aren't that many spaces available on a flat wall without a window in the way. The bed and its placement is really the kicker for us -- we want a dedicated bed, but also don't want to give up too much floor space, and definitely don't want a East/West config. (All this rambling is in hopes you'll have some ideas.)

Been a little crazy around here, but I've been following your thread and watching closely to what you're doing -- your work is so well planned and executed.

Glad you're having good working weather, we are still in the deep freeze here with temps. going back down below zero tonight and around -20's with the windchill, brrr.

Deb
Old 02-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #228
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Bubble bath

Bubble bath...I just saw that.

Anyway, I like the bath in my Flying Cloud. So, I made my design for the Bubble the same. A little tight at 24 in. wide and the black tank came from Vintage only at 27 in per side.....so I extended the width to 27 inches. Put my sink and cabinet where the Cloud had the shower. I would have done the shower too, however, the wheel well of the Bubble is right in the way. My bed design is the next problem area to work around. I am still planning on a linear actuator to drive it into position. Finished it will look similar to a Winick 75th Bambi. (I am dreaming again.)
Old 02-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #229
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
Bubble bath...I just saw that.

My bed design is the next problem area to work around. I am still planning on a linear actuator to drive it into position. Finished it will look similar to a Winick 75th Bambi. (I am dreaming again.)

: I'm so excited, I can't wait!!!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
I 2nd that, the sink is super, tell more.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #231
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
I was late on the sink question, sorry, its going to look great.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #232
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
I must have missed the info on the linear actuator previously, that sounds interesting, and I'm not familiar with the Winick 75th Bambi. So, I'll be waiting and watching to see just what you do, can't wait.

Another thing about the bed situation, as much as I hate bunk beds, I've actually been thinking about doing these with the top bunk to fold down during the day and the lower bunk lower in order for the mattress from above to be used on it for a sofa during the day. A bit of a pain to have to lower foam mattress in the morning, but it would be nice to have that added sofa during the day without feeling closed in with a bunk in place overhead. My husband and I never sleep alone, so I just don't know how this would work out, I'm a little disgusted thinking about it.

I did think about having a north/south bed up towards the front, street side, which a portion in front would drop down, but again, you would have to move a bed around in the morning to walk around in there (and out the door). I would use that portion of the mattress from the dropped down area along the wall to make a backrest for sitting during the day. Hope this makes sense.

Since you already have and use a Bubble, if you have time, would you mind sharing your thoughts on how either of these might or might not work?

Thanks. Oh, by the way, we're going to the Vintage Airstream Academy in Albuquerque this year to learn some things -- can't wait for that either!

Deb
Old 02-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #233
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
some thoughts

If you want that bed to be a full time fixed type why not just make the entire back, side to side the bed. You could get the 48in, or more, which will bring you up to the wheel well areas, Miniturize the kitchen stuff....you can get those one or two burner drop in stoves,,,,forgo the oven and use a microwave. A small sink for both kitchen and bath (multi use.) Small drawers below those, and on the other side a small refrigerator and cabinet and small hanging closet (very narrow,) The front can be a small dinette with 36 inch seats both sides. Shelf above the bed and the dinette and, if you need, original overheads for more storage. A tankless water heater, propane type if you choose, and a small heater....electric or Wave type . Small is all you need, I always recommend a Fantastic Fan. That way you have all you need. If your going to have a toilet you can put it in as originally there (including a small original hand sink. Put a seat across the front and an "L" seat joining it to the side back toward the wheel well. Work out the storage and cabinets to fit.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #234
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
changes as necessary

Weather is great today. Red Barn is open and I am in full cabinet mode. Had to do my first disassemble today. The new window frames are to perfect a fit ....therefore, I had to do some serious trimming around the window edges. The new frames have to be in as I measure and fit the cabinets and bed area. Then had to build a light, but sturdy, rear bed support above the rear hatch door. Re wiring the front area so I can modify to have 12v for the linear actuator and in the bedside cabinet. Tapped into 110/115v so I can put a charging station in that bed cabinet.
Remember I said this is a Bubble and space is limited. My closet turned out to be big enough for a few hanging items and shoes on the floor. I did get another couple drawers fit and made....anywhere I can fit it...there is storage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	window frame.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	602.0 KB
ID:	205505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear hatch bed supportt.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	538.0 KB
ID:	205507  

Old 02-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #235
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Sorry this is late in responding, things have been busy here. Thank you for sending your ideas on the interior of our Bubble -- I'm hoping to be able to get inside to lay it out with cardboard boxes I've been saving for this use, just to make certain there is walk around room with the final layout. You have made some very good suggestions, and we'll check all of them out. We had already decided on a two-burner stove without an oven, but we hadn't thought about a microwave, now that sounds like a great idea. I'd really like to have a very small stainless steel sink in the bathroom (which I think I've convinced DH to go with a wet bath design); I've been looking around for one that would fit into a corner, just very basic.

That east/west (across the back) bed is a real stumper for us, we really would like a bed that goes north/south (front to back), but am having trouble coming up with layout for everything else. We'd be willing to give up a dinette in order to come up with a full-time bed, north/south. Actually, I thought we could use the bed to sit on with lots of pillows for the back and tv trays to eat on if it was raining outside and we couldn't eat outside at a table. Is this crazy not to have a dinette? I don't know, could have regrets later.

We are going to the Vintage Trailer Academy in May and are looking forward to learning a ton of info which will help in completing our baby. Especially interested in electrical and cabinetry. I don't think they're covering these, but insulation of interior walls and various coatings for the interior for insulation purposes; how to install/hookup various tanks; how to run propane lines.

Glad to see you're having some good weather; we are supposed to get up to 54 degrees next week! Woohoo! I am following your thread closely to see how to do things.

Thanks for sharing.

Deb
Old 02-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #236
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
[QUOTE=Air Cruiser;1415639] Glad to see you're having some good weather; we are supposed to get up to 54 degrees next week! Woohoo! I am following your thread closely to see how to do things.

Easy there Deb don't jinx us!! We two are still in the process of laying out a north /south bed in the FC. There's plenty of width and I think the key is big rounded corners and getting over the hump in think you need a long bed. Looks like ours will be about 67"
Old 02-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #237
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
67 inches long? Never happen here. I need 74 minimum and go for 78 in the Bubble. My Cloud original bed is 74 x 48. To short for comfort....the curved back does not help. Bubble bed will be 78 x 42 along the curb side. I get the 42 width with the linear actuator slide out.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #238
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Love love love that stainless sink! Will you be mounting it on an interior wall? Re: bunks. We have built folding and non-folding bunks in our airstreams, and I am a big fan of both! In our current airstream ( which we are selling this spring since we ran out of projects on it, as soon as we get the new one campable) we are building all fixed bunks (I think) for all the kids in the back and middle and putting in a permanent east-west front bed for us grownups. You're doing a beautiful job!