Old 02-26-2007, 01:50 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Thanks Barry. This really helps ,esp the info on the portable blue tank for the grey water to save room in the black tank. So there is not a water pump in these "54 FC's are there? Other than the pump faucet on the sink, correct? I am learning every day. Thank for the advice.
steve

El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Steve,
I can't speak to an original - mine is not close to original. What had happened with mine is that a converter had been installed, along with a battery, and all the lighting replaced with 12 volt units, sometime in it's past. It also had two 120V outlets and I've expanded that with one for outside power just behind the entry door, and one to run the microwave and AC units I've got hidden inside the trailer. So, mine had a waterpump installed when I got it, not that it actually was working so a rebuild was done on it and it never had a city water hookup which I installed. I do not know when pumps were first installed by the factory but I'm sure you will get that answer soon enough from others with original trailers. I am very pleased with how our unit works, and I did install grey and black tanks on mine as well as a toilet as it had none of these, just a porta potti. I could not find any signs that it ever had any of the above in the past. I'm just in the process of removing the original water tank to repair or replace it. Turned out to be a big job as the entire front gaucho area had to be removed but I'm getting it done. Lot's of fun .

Barry

Old 02-03-2008, 03:41 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Long time since I have posted, but have gotten everything dialed in on the '54 FC and now I am in the process of the final touches which includes polishing this beast. I think this is it's first shine job in over 50 years and man what a mess, but the end result is unbelievable. Here's a couple of snaps of the in progress and more to come when I finish completely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steve01.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	53593   Click image for larger version

Name:	steve02.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	53594  

Name:	steve03.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	53595   Click image for larger version

Name:	steve04.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	53596  

Old 02-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
1968 30' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Mosheim , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Looking Great. I really like the "dutch cap/whale's tail" finish on the rear aluminum. You'll meet all kinds of people in '08 wanting to have a peek inside this beauty.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:02 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
looking good

Welcome El Jefe

I like the vintage car hot rod connection. I am sure you have seen this, but I will include it for the group.
Automotive addictions and general tomfoolery: Vintage Trailer rally

Nice photos of Trailers in Kal e fornkneea!

Hope you do not mind a few from your collection.

We love pictures.
Gary
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	caddy.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	53600   Click image for larger version

Name:	exo1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	53601  

Old 03-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Ojai , California
Welcome El Jefe
Your 54 FC is beautiful, how much new sheet metal did it take? a little hard to tell buy the picture but it looks like you have an original door handle, i am still looking for original door handles for 2 54 FC's
JIm
Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal2
Welcome El Jefe
Your 54 FC is beautiful, how much new sheet metal did it take? a little hard to tell buy the picture but it looks like you have an original door handle, i am still looking for original door handles for 2 54 FC's
JIm
Jim It all original. No new sheet metal on the restoration. It had one small patch panel on the opposite side behind the rear wheel, but whoever did the repair years ago, did a fine job. I have her all back together now and will take some photos next week and post them when it is at the Lone Star Round Up (Hot Rod and Kustom car show) that we put on in Austin, Tx. Go to The Lonestar Rod & Kustom Round Up - Austin, Texas for all the details. I will pulling it w/ my '57 Caddy shown above.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe
Jim It all original. No new sheet metal on the restoration. It had one small patch panel on the opposite side behind the rear wheel, but whoever did the repair years ago, did a fine job. I have her all back together now and will take some photos next week and post them when it is at the Lone Star Round Up (Hot Rod and Kustom car show) that we put on in Austin, Tx. Go to The Lonestar Rod & Kustom Round Up - Austin, Texas for all the details. I will pulling it w/ my '57 Caddy shown above.
Jeff - your killing me. Rod and Kustom run, taking your 57 and Airstream - aarrghhh. Here it's raining and then we get some rain and today, tomorrow and for the next week we are supposed to get rain.

Have fun and will watch for photos.

Barry
Old 03-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1969 23' Safari
New Orleans , Louisiana
awesome trailer, boss! you definitely scored. nice chrome rims too..

holler back if you know my buddy Joe Cabral in N.O. he recently scored a 70's International and has a buncha hot roddin' budz in Austin. I keep trying to talk him into fixin up that trailer but he's kinda busy with his house..

I'm coming in the home stretch on my safari reno:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...air-38434.html
fotochop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotochop
awesome trailer, boss! you definitely scored. nice chrome rims too..

holler back if you know my buddy Joe Cabral in N.O. he recently scored a 70's International and has a buncha hot roddin' budz in Austin. I keep trying to talk him into fixin up that trailer but he's kinda busy with his house..

I'm coming in the home stretch on my safari reno:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...air-38434.html
Joe C is my Bro. We have been best friend for almost 20 years. Plays the Continental Club all the time. He is drivin his chopped '29 sedan, that we helped him put together, to Austin next week for the Lone Star Round Up. First big road trip for that car. Joe's new acquisition the International trailer will be dialed in one day. One thing at a time for him. He is finally back sleeping in his house after living in the front yard for 2 years post Katrina. A freakin shame........a freakin shame.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:39 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Jeff - your killing me. Rod and Kustom run, taking your 57 and Airstream - aarrghhh. Here it's raining and then we get some rain and today, tomorrow and for the next week we are supposed to get rain.

Have fun and will watch for photos.

Barry
Hey Barry I put on the show so I gotta go........folks are coming from all over the country and most are driving. If you leave this weekend, you will be here right on time.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1969 23' Safari
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe
Joe C is my Bro. We have been best friend for almost 20 years. Plays the Continental Club all the time. He is drivin his chopped '29 sedan, that we helped him put together, to Austin next week for the Lone Star Round Up. First big road trip for that car. Joe's new acquisition the International trailer will be dialed in one day. One thing at a time for him. He is finally back sleeping in his house after living in the front yard for 2 years post Katrina. A freakin shame........a freakin shame.
i hear ya, bro! I had a couple years of bangin' nails over here at my crib so I can relate. Joe's pad is already looking like a Mod Palace if you haven't see it lately. and yes, that '29 is a sight..I love it. he just called me about hooking up septic on his driveway and I told him to RESIST! gotta keep these monsters steady rollin lest they get some hardnin' of the arteries..."gimme some more heat on my air screw!.."

rico
fotochop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
I've seen Joe C at the Continental a couple of times, good shows, interesting that he has an AS.

You FC looks great, I'd like to see it in person one of these days. There are a couple of other Aistreamers in the Austin area who post on these forums, and hopefully I'll be getting one soon as well. We could arrange a mini-rally somewhere.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #42
54 Flying Cloud

1954 22' Flying Cloud
York , Nebraska
Question Advice needed for 54 Flying Cloud

Hello Everyone,
Looking for some advice.

I have a 54 Flying Cloud. It has been in the family since it was new (Grandparents, then uncle, then dad, then cousin, now mine).

It sat in storage between hand me downs.
I've had it for about 4 years now, in the midwest.

Exterior is in good condition, needs new window seals, shell is in good shape.
Interior is mostly original (stove, sink, counter, woodwork, furnace)
Fridge is missing. Mattress was thrown out.
Bathroom was modified at some point, still has original yellow corner sink.
Has the bed in the rear, table in front, kitchen & bath in middle.
Has had some water damage on the front end (due to window seals leaking).

I would really like to fix this up, not sure I can do so on my own.
Working full-time with children in school & sports.

How do you find a reputable place to do the repair work, and get reasonable rates?

Or, should I sell(gasp) this great trailer to another who has the time to repair it correctly.

What I really don't want to see is it continue to sit without the needed repairs.
Thanks for any feedback/opinions you may have to offer.

Angie

Tags
1954, flying cloud