Old 05-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1977 23' Safari
1986 34' Limited
Idaho Falls , Idaho
Oops. Sorry-you're in another state; it's Rumrunner who is in Utah. The invitation is open to Rumrunner, too!

Richard and Vivian
Caliban The Wonder Dog: gone but not forgotten
Too many vintage A/Ss...
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Originally Posted by Overlander & Sea View Post
Wow! Looks great! Thank you for posting this thread. Did you also restore the windows and screens?

I purchased a '55 Flying Cloud a few weeks and it needs a total restoration like the one you just did. Your information will be very helpful because, like you, I would like the original floor plan and the original stove.

Thanks again!
We did do all of the windows. Every one was taken off, glass removed, polished, and then received new gaskets. The old screens were taken out and replaced with new. Stretching the screens took a bit of effort and I noticed I have some Wild strands flying about where the screen was cut for the window regulator. I was thinking earlier there had to be a better way to capture the screen with a gusset of some sort. I will look through our photo documentation and see if we have some shots of how the screens were redone. There was a point when things were just too busy and the camera was forgotten.

kaneable991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member
1955 22' Flying Cloud
mapleton , Utah
Landshark, When my FC is road worthy I would be very glad to accept your offer. If I can be of any help in answering questions please feel free to ask at any time.
Caliban and Cerberus? My greek is a bit rusty. Ill have to look that up
rumrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Vista , California
Barry, I'm impressed with all of your hard work and results. I'm doing a shell off resto on a '54 flying cloud. I'm doing the belly skins now after replacing the subfloor and painting the frame. If you have any pics of the rear skin where it joins the outer shell in front of the rear bumper, I'd love to see them. I don't have a reference since my skins were gone when I got my trailer. Tim, if you're reading this...same question. Thanks guys, keep up the good effort!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0865.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	169142  
54breadloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Santa Monica,CA , Glenwood Springs,Co
gregori1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
I dont have any pictures that have already been taken. However, I can go to the storage shed if I can get in, and take some pics. Recollection is that it looks very similar to what you are doing. The tabs cuts for the trailer frame rails were cut off and sealed with a highly viscous silicone caulk.

kaneable991 is offline   Reply With Quote