Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 1950-1955 Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
1953 Flying Cloud on German e-bay

Hi all,

-I don´t know if this is the right place to post, if not please (dear moderators) move this threat to the right place in the forums.-

There is an 1953 Flying Cloud on the German e-bay site. Item No. is 4515944292 under www.ebay.de . Everthing seems to be in original shape, exept the fridge is missing. Can anyone of you help me with an info on what "the market" is asking for an price for a rare airstream like this? I am not selling this trailer, but I think of buying it although it is not the 1973 (my year of birth) Sovereign I am looking for. At the moment the price is around 5400,- US$ or 4100,- Euro.

Any help is very very welcome.

Thank you all for posting on this forum, it is already a part of the daily life for me.

Best wishes to all of you from our side of the big pond.

Bjoern
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 30' Flying Cloud
1995 25' Excella
Clear Lake , Minnesota
I'm no expert, but $5000 probably a seller's price in the US. Although that trailer looks to be in good condition, and certainly could get the price on occasion in the US.

One problem in giving you guidance is the inherent lack of knowledge of the supply curve used to determine the price in Germany or using a larger area, Europe. It is hard for someone in the US to have enough experience with the number of trailers that come available to know much about the supply curve.

In the US we can even see differences in pricing depending on what region of the country the trailer sells in. While eBay has whittled away at this, the pricing differences now tend to be limited more by the amount of money it takes to move the trailer from one location to another. What you may want to do is use the following link to get an idea for pricing models here in the US.

http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_t...condition.html
"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

sovereignrwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:40 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Hi Marc and Kimber,

thanks for the reply.

FYI the trailer was sold for 6850,- Euro (about 9000,- US$), but not to me...

all the best from Germany

Bjoern
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1953, flying cloud