Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Greenville , Texas
Smile Where do I find a replacement sofa?

I'm looking at a 97 Airstream Excella that has recliners. We definitely need the extra sleep space, so I need a sleeper sofa. I love the storage of the Airstream sofas.
kpnsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
You have several options. If money is no object, you can simply order a new replacement from Airstream. You could also buy a new replacement from someplace like discountvantruck.com or other rv furniture supplier. For much less, You can buy a used Airstream-specific gaucho here or on Craigslist, people often remove them in remodels. Or you can retrofit a non- rv sleeper sofa to fit, some of us have had excellent luck with Ikea sofabeds with built-in storage. You can even custom-build your own from scratch. Whatever you put in, mount it very securely, and take the curved walls into consideration when you measure for fit, since the walls slope in as they get near the floor!
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1984 31' Excella
West Jordan , Utah
I am needing to get a sleeper sofa as well over the next couple months and have been eyeing the ones at Ikea but then found a lot more of them (looking like better quality) from overstock.com and wayfair.com. I have about 78" that I need to keep the size to. I also want to find one with some storage inside of couch which most of them have. Anyone else find any non-RV sofa's that work out well with pics?
See it at batesairstream.blogspot.com
cliffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote