Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Folsom , California
Whats the deal with vintage trailer supply?

I call and they never answer the phone. I want to ask some questions about the hehr window cranks, but can never get through. Always voicemail. Also, in the past it takes them months to get back to me in emails. Am I the only one with this experience?
ddstech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Don`t know,haven`t had any problem in past,haven`t tried them lately. Dave
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Saint Helena , California
I get the feeling that they are very small, but they always get back. Not immediately, but eventually. Be patient, we need them!
- Mark Twain

bevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Folsom , California
They called me back. I always find it helpful to talk to a person rather then guess and order twice. I really like their stuff and will continue to order from them, just need to communicate once in a while.
ddstech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
High demand Low supply. Leave a message and Kim always calls back as soon as she can. If she does not have the answer she puts Steve on and he always knows. If he is not available, he calls you back when he can. VTS is a small company and has a good volume of customers all needing the same attention as you. Just be patient because good service is not always immediate service.I have nothing but praise for the service I get. I say these things as a customer, not as a shill for promoting VTS.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
I called them five minutes before they closed on a Friday and had my parts delivered Monday just after lunch w/ normal shipping. A very attentive and friendly Lady took the phone call who, I must add, had the best longhand penmanship I've seen since when I don't know! I will not hesitate to steer additional orders their way.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

I always deal with them online to purchase. When I have questions my emails are answered right away. No complaints here!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
I've had nothing but good experiences with VTS. They've saved me a lot of time and effort as well...

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
my last order took a WEEK until i got the notice it was ready to ship. i had been expecting it to be delivered by then. i called and expressed my disappointment and they VERY KINDLY (and much appreciated (-ly?)) overnight'ed my entire order at the cost of ground. when i called they picked up right away. id imagine they are quite busy at this time of yr.
NJtoNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Jay , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkroff View Post
I call and they never answer the phone. I want to ask some questions about the hehr window cranks, but can never get through. Always voicemail. Also, in the past it takes them months to get back to me in emails. Am I the only one with this experience?
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I know for a fact they just moved locations from the old site to a new one which was part of the delays.
They have allways been very prompt when I called and called me the next day. I don't know how they are by email since I allways call them.
Viper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2022 25' International
Savage , Minnesota
I have spent many $$$ with them, never an issue, always good service. I leave a message when I need to, and they call back, no problem.

'64 Safari Resoration Blog ("May"):
https://ts8501.blogspot.com/

TAC MN-6
WBCCI/VAC 11736
AIR 25979
ts8501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #12
x

XXXX , XXXX
VTS is great as others have said. I ordered online late Wednesday afternoon. The next norning I received an e-mail confirming the order had been shipped and also got a USPS tracking number. It takes a couple of weeks for orders to arrive here but that's down to the two post offices nothing to do with VTS. My new cyclo and Nuvite are winging there way here now as I speak.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1974 31' Excella 500
Charleston , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkroff View Post
It's just you, dude. Word gets around. They probably have caller Id.