Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #201
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Santa Rosa , California
Wow...my dream AS and you did it! Thank you for documenting your process. Just a couple of questions.

What is in-between the wall were the kitchen sink is and the foot of the bed? Is it a sink? In the bathroom area is it just a toilet and showerhead?

I'm so impressed...I wish I had your skills, I have to pay for everything at $90.00/hr!!!

The only drawback (minor) is that you have to climb in bed from the foot of the bed right?

This is exactly what I want to do.

Thank you Tim for giving sharing.

Sincerely,
Angela (rverforlife)
rverforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #202
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
Angela- the area over the wheel wells is clothing storage, just open shelving and a clothes rod for hanging things. Yes, the bathroom is just the toilet and shower head, we use the kitchen sink for washing up and teeth-brushing. And yes, we have to crawl up into the bed from the foot of it. It is somewhat of a pain to change the bedding because of this configuration, but overall an efficient use of a very limited space. I wish you luck (and fun) with your Overlander! -tim
tphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #203
2 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
guyton , Georgia
can anyone tell me 5/8 or 3/4 floor in a 1971 29 ft and how big of a job to replace the black water tank
r.swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #204
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.swanson View Post
can anyone tell me 5/8 or 3/4 floor in a 1971 29 ft and how big of a job to replace the black water tank
My trailer is a 1973 and I definitely have a 3/4" sub-floor. I am reasonably sure that yours would also be 3/4". If you look around you might be able to find a place where you can see the sub-floor where there is a hole in it that you could measure the thickness. One place to look might be at the base of the refrigerator. In mine there is an access hatch from the outside and I can see the bare sub-floor in there. There is also a ventilation hole cut in the floor there that you might be able to use to measure the sub-floor thickness.

Malcolm
Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #205
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.swanson View Post
You have to drop the tank, etc, from the underbelly.

Takes about 5 hours all together.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #206
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
Maybe 5 hours for a pro AS mechanic, but I'd figure considerably longer for a DIY-er. It's pretty involved, what with dealing with belly-pan removal, toilet removal, drain flange removal, washing up and going in for lunch, and finally dropping the tank on your head. Since you posted in 04/08/2012, I'll bet you have it done by now...
tphan is offline   Reply With Quote