Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2016, 08:21 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1977 28' Argosy 28
Katy , Texas
Swivel dinette chairs in 77 Argosy

I have 2 swivel chairs, one on either side of the fold-down table in my 77 Argosy. They're not barrel/tub chairs. They're the kind that have a seat that sits on a pole that is then bolted into the floor through a small disk at the base of the pole.

I have two problems:

1. The bolts keep coming out, resulting in the chair wobbling, at best, or completely falling to one side.

2. I would like to reupholster the seats.

So, being new to this type of thing, I'm wondering what would be the best course of action:

1. Remove the seats to reupholster, lift the carpet, and somehow fix the bolting problem from underneath (I can't even imagine what this entails);

2. Remove the entire chairs and replace (in which case I'm wondering if I can retrofit a generic barrel chair to bolt to the floor, or whether I need to replace with a motorhome chair).

If anyone has had to address such an issue in their own motorhomes, I would appreciate your sharing any lessons you learned in the process, or any advice you can offer.

Thank you for considering my problem!
Stephenssg is offline   Reply With Quote