Old 05-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Campbell River , British Columbia
Dave - What are you doing with the original appliances? I know there are always enthusiasts out there looking to restore their updated trailers to stock condition. I know personally, I am on the lookout for another dometic 2-way fridge. I have a '69 overlander with the original Dometic (that is still working fine) but the interior has been damaged. Ebay is an important resource to help restorers track down odds and ends for these old coaches. So be sure not to throw anything out, no matter how beat up you figure the parts are- they are worth something to someone (ie. cabinet hardware, light fixtures, appliances, etc). Take care and keep up the good work... your trailer looks great! Jeff.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:40 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermante
Dave - What are you doing with the original appliances? I know there are always enthusiasts out there looking to restore their updated trailers to stock condition. I know personally, I am on the lookout for another dometic 2-way fridge. I have a '69 overlander with the original Dometic (that is still working fine) but the interior has been damaged. Ebay is an important resource to help restorers track down odds and ends for these old coaches. So be sure not to throw anything out, no matter how beat up you figure the parts are- they are worth something to someone (ie. cabinet hardware, light fixtures, appliances, etc). Take care and keep up the good work... your trailer looks great! Jeff.
Hey Jeff, Thanks for the praise! I still have most everything I removed from the trailer except the fridge and the AC unit. Neither worked, and both were in pretty bad shape. The fridge went to a local scrap yard last week. Suprisingly, i the inside of the fridge was in good shape. I would guess the fridge is still there if there is something I can salvage for you. I still have whatever else I replaced - original oven, cooktop, HW tank, toilet, univolt and water pump. Everything else was cleaned up and reused to keep original as possible. Eventually I'll get some of those things posted on Ebay, but your right, someone, somewhere will be looking for something I have, just as I've bought some hard to find things from Ebay that someone else no longer needed! --dave

Old 05-25-2006, 09:40 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermante
Jeff - what model Dometic do you have. I tossed the original Dometic (M52 I think) as all the working "guts" were gone. I did save all the interior shelving and blue plastic trays/doors?
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:46 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
1995 excella parts...

Tracy, You may find some of the parts you need are still available from Airstream at Jackson Center, Ohio. Just call and talk to someone in parts. They can be very helpful. I don't know if the interior walls or door you are missing will be available from the factory but tell them anyway as they may be able to steer you to some Vendor that may be able to get you what you need. A 1995 should be easy to locate for most parts. You can also call Cherokee salvage or Colaw salvage for trailer parts. There are many trailer salvage parts places around to check with. Search under Airsteam link library and you'll find many of them listed. Some have websites some you just have to call. Hope this helps with your search for restoration parts. Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Campbell River , British Columbia
Hey Dave - sorry I didn't get back to you sooner... I haven't been online in a few days. It's good to hear you're saving the old parts. Thanks anyways for your offer but it won't be necessary to go back to salvage the fridge. And Greatpumpkin, thank you to you too for your reply but my weak fridge has all the shelving intact. I appreciate the offers though... very generous of both of you. Take care, and keep the old ones on the road. Jeff.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:43 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Dive right in there!!!

Dave -

Great to read your contributions to this thread! You have that positive outlook that I sometimes lack - Fear, doubt and intertia slow me down. A LOT SOMETIMES. Working on it....

Thanks for the refreshingly positive outlook - no matter the issue you have faced so far. And the offer to assist others is really awesome.

Keep at it, and dive right in there! The water is fine!

Axel