Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2005, 09:14 AM   #21
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverToy
Guys -There is an H20 inlet one down near the dump valves with an outlet right next to it. Looks like PO connected the inlet & outlet together. What is that for?? Why connect them?

The house/city water goes to the inlet on the rear of the coach, streetside, right?

I need to get the water filter reconnected. Instant hot water tank connections checked. Check to see that the pump is hooked up. Check to see that the plug is in the water heater. Faucets, all but foremost, closed. Under coach drains closed, or open to start?

Please correct above, add, subtract, and any and all comments appreciated.

Sigh, so much to learn the first time thru....

Ciao

Axel
Axel, that is most likely the grey water outlet, it will have a garden hose fitting on it, to drain liquids while keeping the larger, umm, solids contained. If you are going to keep the trailer at hime a lot of the time, and the trailer is near a flower bed, or hedge, you can get a "soaker" hose from your local lawn and garden store. run it out to the flower bed, cap the end, and pull the grey water drain valve open, and leave it that way. This will help keep your flowers green, and keep that "grey water smell" away. Just make sure the black water valve is closed, so if you use the toilet you don't get any suprises in the soaker hose.
How is the microwave and other electronic items in the trailer? Are they functioning, or did you let the factory smoke out of them?
Old 03-26-2005, 05:36 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Rtfm...

Axel-

Assuming electrical issues resolved in favor of assumption that 220VAC was source of smoke-exciter.. Still some plumbing questions..

RTFM is standard industry jargon for "Read the Factory Manual.." (or something similar..) Hopefully you have one, which will show routing of plumbing lines, locations of tanks, drains, etc etc..

Before I started with valves and water heaters, I'd do a complete fresh water tank drain and flush, per manual, in case there remains some "poor quality fluid" pretending to be fresh water in your tank. Little petcock drains are hidden in interesting places, but drain and flush and fill is good, drain and flush with some bleach and then some lemon juice (see threads on flushing..) are better, and should include running hot water to flush out water heater (all 6 gallons..) and all lines..

If outlet near tanks is male fitting, it probably is gray water outlet for environmentally sensitive draining... If it is female fitting, it may be connection for black water tank "sprayer" designed to move "solids" around and assure tank is thoroughly drained.. Either way, fresyh water should come in at rear on street side, and most had internal filter upstream of inlet for city water, but it may have been removed or bypassed by a prior owner... If you end up with clogged faucets, or drips, manual also helps explain how to replace or fix elements and filter screens... It is possible to replace double faucets with single lever units in kitchen and bath, using std residential items..

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:06 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Axel,

Yes, the city water hookup is on the streetside rear corner of your coach, off by itself.

If those water connections near the sewer outlet are anything like mine, and I suspect they are, one is the connection to the black water tank sprayer, the other is simply a fresh water spigot. It should have a backflow preventer on it. The reason why one was connected to the other is because it simply provides an easy way to spray the black tank without having to disconnect your sole fresh water connection to do it, such as in a full hookup site. It's very handy. I use mine that way - both to connect to the sprayer sometimes, but mostly to connect to the Flush King. Your spigot is probably oriented so that the hatch can be closed without having to disconnect the hose, which would explain why you found it connected. Not so with mine, as the orientation won't allow the door to close fully while attached. Beyond this, your gray and black tanks should be fairly standard - 1 main valve (black water) 1 auxiliary (wash/gray water), and finally, one outlet.

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:44 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Overlooking something???

Thanks to ALL the replies to my previous posts.

Some on target and some off. All certainly entertaining! Especially liked the "factory smoke" one..!

OK, JohnHD (THANKS a million!) helping with the garage/house wiring issue to get 120v power to the unit in the driveway. Got it all clear now.

IP9100 issue resolved - 'factory smoke' seemingly still contained within. For now. Will see how I can "mess with it" further. Will report back if anything happens.

Traced the Unit plug for continuity from plug to unit junction box, and to IP9100. All OK. No crossed or touching wires according to test. Anything else I should look at, or test for?, for when the house/garage plug is up and running??

Got the stereo back up and running, but NO reception. Not AM, not FM. Should be able to get SOMETHING! Nada. Is there something that I am overlooking? Is the roof antenea just for TV? Can't be as the radio must go off that as well. Is there another AS switch hidden somewhere???? Or is the antenea cable toast, and add that to my 'AS to-do' list?

Gurus???? Do your magic.

Sorry for throwing all that together in one email, but got Dad and Mom visiting and Dad(80y/o and showing it!!!!! - spent 4+ hours at UNM today! All checked out OK!) is taking a LOT of free time, as you can see by the posting time!

That is enough for today, eyelids are falling all on their own......zzzzz.

Ciao, and thanks for and and all posts! Appreciate the group SO much you have no idea.

Couldn't do it without you! Cheers to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:38 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
coriolis1 -Thanks!

Dave -

Thanks so much for the reponse back - REALLY appreciated it!

The 'grey' water outlet seems to be oriented toward the black tank for the '"rinsing"' that you implied. Could you please expouse on that - AT LENGHT AND BREADTH!!!??? and possibly DEPTH! as I am a frank newbie :>) but am willing to learn and do so quickly as it saves time for you and me.

What is this 'flusher' contraption that you reference???????? Could you explain/ show???? it so that we can see it in action!?

The PO seemed to run things very forthrightly and smoothly, not knockin' them, but things could have been hadned off a LLLOOOOOTTTTTTT smooooother if they were so inclined. Sigh.

Back to h20. If I hook up to the city water, what are the steps that I need to put in place now to be sure that I am getting everthing possible out of the driveway shakedown, before we do the full monty with the wife and the 4 kids in tow, draggin' on me for EVERYTHING under the Sun and the Moon.!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing from and and all of you at any time!

Thanks for the time commitment to answer my questions. I really appreciate it So much.!

Ciao

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:08 AM   #26
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Axel, the radio in MY '94 34' was junk when bought the trailer... no reception. I just replaced it with a new one... and it's fine. I don't think that the stock radios were anything to get excited about... even for the cost of a new top-of-the-line Sony with remote, it's not worth the time and effort troubleshooting yours... and you're looking at a 15 minute install.

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:50 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverToy
The 'grey' water outlet seems to be oriented toward the black tank for the '"rinsing"' that you implied. Could you please expouse on that - AT LENGHT AND BREADTH!!!??? and possibly DEPTH! as I am a frank newbie :>) but am willing to learn and do so quickly as it saves time for you and me.

What is this 'flusher' contraption that you reference???????? Could you explain/ show???? it so that we can see it in action!?

Axel,

I'll do better than that - I'll shoot some pictures this evening of my setup - and you should be able to tell pretty easy what's what. I'll post 'em tonight and PM you when they're done. Happy to help in any way I can.

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote