Old 03-13-2004, 10:58 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Size of TV in cabinet

Does anyone know the size of opening that houses the tv by the swivel charis. I am getting a 87 345 and want to put a computer into the current location of the tv.

Thanks,
Kathy

Old 03-14-2004, 05:12 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Lightbulb Just a thought..

Kathy,
Quote:
I am getting a 87 345 and want to put a computer into the current location of the tv.
If I may, I'd like to share with you an idea that was given to me by a fellow streamer..
The arms on each side of the goucho are removeable with lots of storage space available underneath.
This individual used his space to place his desk top puter, bring out the the wires for the mouse, monitor and, keyboard. Even that could be improved today by the use of an infared mouse and keyboard.~! With the advent of LCD display, even that could stowed next to the puter. (Wrapped in a blanket for example)
I'm not sure if in your motorhome you have a similar setup but, just in case you do..Just a thought..
ciao

NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:43 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
bugsbunny asks "Does anyone know the size of opening that houses the tv?"

Kathy:

Both the upper and lower compartments have only a 12" wide by 10" high opening - sorry.

The back angles to a max width of about 18", probably not enough room for any computer equipment, but enough to install a modern compact entertainment center.

You may want to do a search on "interior", as several members on the forum have removed the swivel chairs, and opened up the forward area of the main cabin for storage or other modifications.

I had removed all of the furniture on the curb side of the cabin, and am now contemplating reinstalling the 'tween chairs table (with modifications?) to install electronics and a TV. I purchased a 20" flat screen with the intent of mounting it on the ceiling with a pull down mount, but of all of the temporary (trial) positions for the screen, both ceiling mounted and various other places in the cabin, a position just behind the co-pilot chair seems to be ideal.

Just a thought on the computer, I have a laptop and GPS for navigation, and intend to install a swivel mount to allow for operation and viewing from both front seats. The addition of a wireless mouse and keyboard as 53FlyingCloud mentioned would allow the laptop to do double duty, and save a lot of valuable real estate at the same time!

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:25 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Thanks very much for the information!

We found a build it yourself computer case that looks like it will fit the width and height dimension. Do you know the depth of the cabinet?

We will also check into the gaucho when I pick up the mh in (countdown) 12 days.

Thanks,
Kathy

P.S. 53 Flying Cloud, Looks like we're neighbors!
Old 03-14-2004, 01:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Depth

About 17" until you hit the stowed table top. If you remove the table top, you gain another 2".

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:15 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up What do you know~!

Kathy~
Quote:
P.S. 53 Flying Cloud, Looks like we're neighbors!
OMG..I didn't even look to see where you were from..lol
More like, in each other's backyard...
We're just off Mack Hill Road on the North side of town..(where else...lol)
Plse be sure to give us a call when you pickup your new unit..I'd love to meet you folks and, see your unit as well~!
Have you given any thoughts about joining the local chapter of WBCCI?? Got forms and magazines on A/S as well..You're welcome to~
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:46 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Thanks everyone. It looks like it may fit! The cube is 1 inch deeper, but we can probably make some modification to make it work. The other dimensions look like they will work. We have a laptop also that we will use for GPS navigation as Dennis mentioned, but want to be able to have access to two computers while parked. We'll also use the cube computer to run the stereo while in transit.

When will figure out what we're doing and get it done, we'll post pictures and details.

Thanks again!

Kathy